Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #181

Status
Not open for further replies.
@FrostedGlass I believe the other instances of military time are when video is used. I am intrigued about multiple PCAs.
The best example I can give you is the Memorandum in Support of Motion (9/18/23) that accompanied the FM. It's no longer available on mycase because the judge pulled it and then wouldn't put it back; but she did make a note of it in her opinion dated 11/14/23.

So, if you go to this link, the poster discusses the version of it that they downloaded. I had a different version, which was different from the version I have now.
IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #167

I still don't get it. I thought maybe a good night's sleep would straighten me out. For the sake of argument let's stipulate that RA gave the times to DD military style. I'm still at a complete loss as to what that proves. Is there some military component to the crime that I never heard about?
I take a couple things from it.

1. it is unlikely DD wrote it down wrong if he was given military time.. police and military typically use it easily because that is what they use. My husband uses it even when talking to me and I'm like.. hey civilian wife here.. translate. LOL Sometimes I know it, but other times my math ain't mathing and I get annoyed. I think the note he jotted down info on had military time, then I'd say that is what RA said and it's not likely he misspoke or wrote it down wrong. I am willing to bet that most people calling in tips or giving a statement do not say things in military time.

2. I see it as RA showing himself to maybe be equal to LE.. sort of like sliding in the military time lets DD know he's former military and maybe more trustworthy. Not someone that is suspect. It's the I came forward willingly and I'm being so helpful, I couldn't be the killer and I am inserting military time as another little note for DD to realize I am an upstanding citizen doing my duty and all.

I think for #1 because RA changed his times in later statements, it helps that the first one was in military time because it really isn't likely to be written wrong. I think the fact he used military time would lead DD to pay attention a bit more like oh a military guy.. he's giving military time, etc. Again the average person isn't going to say I was here at 1500 and then at 1800 I had dinner and I went to bed at 2200.. it just isn't how most would give an account of their day.

I take a couple things from it.

1. it is unlikely DD wrote it down wrong if he was given military time.. police and military typically use it easily because that is what they use. My husband uses it even when talking to me and I'm like.. hey civilian wife here.. translate. LOL Sometimes I know it, but other times my math ain't mathing and I get annoyed. I think the note he jotted down info on had military time, then I'd say that is what RA said and it's not likely he misspoke or wrote it down wrong. I am willing to bet that most people calling in tips or giving a statement do not say things in military time.

2. I see it as RA showing himself to maybe be equal to LE.. sort of like sliding in the military time lets DD know he's former military and maybe more trustworthy. Not someone that is suspect. It's the I came forward willingly and I'm being so helpful, I couldn't be the killer and I am inserting military time as another little note for DD to realize I am an upstanding citizen doing my duty and all.

I think for #1 because RA changed his times in later statements, it helps that the first one was in military time because it really isn't likely to be written wrong. I think the fact he used military time would lead DD to pay attention a bit more like oh a military guy.. he's giving military time, etc. Again the average person isn't going to say I was here at 1500 and then at 1800 I had dinner and I went to bed at 2200.. it just isn't how most would give an account of their day.
Thank you for explaining exactly my thought process.
Add in the the 10 years of training absolutely would have given RA the experience and expertise to do the crime as charged. And then to back to supper with his family.
JMO

Thank you for explaining exactly my thought process.
Add in the the 10 years of training absolutely would have given RA the experience and expertise to do the crime as charged. And then to back to supper with his family.
JMO
I think DD is the one who was in the habit of using military time, which makes me feel his recorded time is correct.

RA is a person that has 2 sides like a lot of killers, one public image of being the friendly CVS Mgr./Parm Tech, husband & provider, pool playing beer drinker, and another private one that is very dark that nobody else sees.

I think it is absolutely possible for RA to have committed these murders, gone home, showered, disposed or washed his muddy and bloody clothing (I tend to think he washed them because surely his wife would have wondered what happened to this jacket, his hoodie, jeans, etc that she probably had washed 100 times), and been outside cracking a cold one out on the driveway by 6:00 pm.

We don't if anybody was at home, the daughter was married by this time, and I don't think it has been established in MSM where KA was.

It is still hugely interesting that the Defense has offered NO ALIBI for RA during this whole time. Nothing, zip. If he had solid proof of an alibi he wouldn't be sitting in Washburn right now awaiting trial. IMO

There is still one part I don't get. If MW lawyered up (sensibly), leaving LE to brute force his phone and refusing to testify in defence of Baldwin - why did he provide that affidavit back last year - because that's the thing that will likely convict him. Seems a very inconsistent thing to do. Did he provide that naively before he got proper advice?
Yes I believe he thought AB would have him covered, no charges.

JMO

I don’t think I’m up to scratch on this case - as so many of you clearly are - but I can’t quite decide if I really think RA could be the lone actor here - especially with ppl like KK in the mix.

I don’t think he has what it takes. These girls were smart and brave - it’s hard to accept the lone RA scenario.

It is just horrific.
A man considerably older than Abby & Libby with a gun trained on them would be all that it would take. IMO

I think RA somehow knew Abby & Libby were going to be there that day at that time, they arrived within 15-20 of each other. On a day when school would have normally been in session. RA didn't just leisurely stroll through the trails, witnesses place him as head down, hands in pockets, walking 'with a purpose' from Freedom Trail to MHB. All of that is just too coincidental to me.

I think he may have gotten their whereabouts through catfishing or CSAM related activity. But I have no doubt that
RA=BG=Killer(s).

JMO

A man considerably older than Abby & Libby with a gun trained on them would be all that it would take. IMO

I think RA somehow knew Abby & Libby were going to be there that day at that time, they arrived within 15-20 of each other. On a day when school would have normally been in session. RA didn't just leisurely stroll through the trails, witnesses place him as head down, hands in pockets, walking 'with a purpose' from Freedom Trail to MHB. All of that is just too coincidental to me.

I think he may have gotten their whereabouts through catfishing or CSAM related activity. But I have no doubt that
RA=BG=Killer(s).

JMO
Yes, definitely ra in the phone video imo

This is the PCA for the arrest warrant. In it, he uses a modified version of the PCA for the search warrant. In this one, he does not use military times. I have no idea why one is different from the other.

It's my understanding from the Indiana Supreme Court decision that there should be only one version of a document in the CCS. If there is information in it that's not for public viewing, then those parts are simply redacted, not changed.

The unredacted version of the PCA for the
search warrant should be the original. AND all final docs should have a filed date on them. IMO

A man considerably older than Abby & Libby with a gun trained on them would be all that it would take.
I have no question that this could easily have been done by one guy. Forget the gun. The girls were sitting ducks. Without knowing anything about the CS or COD this seemed like a lone wolf crime of opportunity to me, with any number of factors as motivators. I thought exercising and demonstrating power was the prime motivator. I figured there would be evidence of restraints. But everything LE has told us over the years forced me to question all of that.
I can't even get a grip on the crime scene. For example, is the "F" tree really a symbol or just a bloody smudge from a gloved hand? Were the branches really arranged with intent or is that just a possible interpretation? Same with the posing. And dressing/redressing, possibly after death... I'm drawing a complete blank on any similar crime. For a second the thing with the sticks made me think of the cage from the killer in the Lovely Bones. Ugh
It just seems like there is still way more going on here than we know.

Totally agreed on this, I've been looking for this forever. I saw something, somewhere, as I remember it was pretty credible, noting wife said RA kept his hair short in the national guard and got used to it being short from that experience. However, I am at the same time positive I saw a YouTuber (and a pretty credible one) noting the only record of service he found for RA was six weeks in the army. I also found early articles noting an alias for RA, and it's a very, very unusual name. That has since disappeared, so I'm still looking for anything available for both of these pieces of info.
I cant help with the Military info but I have in my notes the Alias
richard allen alias
RE: Abby and Libby / Arrest: Richard Matthew Allen
Alias: Craigh Ross Rentfrow
His alias has a handful of drug charges and more.

JMO but maybe RA was using this person's name with all the charges as a screen name for the CSAM sites he was using.
IDK, just my guess.

Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads