Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #186

I think this case will be scaring anyone away from ever coming forward as a witness.

If you have zero to hide you would come forward for the greater good. His motives were not pure as he knew he has been spotted and tried to get ahead of the train he thought was coming towards him.

Of course I’m a UK’er so maybe it’s different but certainly the majority here are taught to respect the police and I would trust them implicitly if I had seen something or needed help.

IMO the alibi was that he left at 1:30pm and his car is seen leaving the area in the direction of his house at 1:27pm on the HH video. The BB witness sees the mercury comet at the CPS building around 2:15pm (approx) so RA couldn’t have been parked there.
Which memory would be more accurate, information given within a few days of doing something or one almost 6 years later?

IMO the alibi was that he left at 1:30pm and his car is seen leaving the area in the direction of his house at 1:27pm on the HH video. The BB witness sees the mercury comet at the CPS building around 2:15pm (approx) so RA couldn’t have been parked there.

He admits what time he was there in the first statement he did and we also have a witness who can place him on the first platform which he admits he went to and that witness saw what she believed was Abby and Libby walking towards the bridge which had RA waiting on. So that ties him to a time after the girls got dropped off.

He only changed his time years after the fact as he knew it made him look guilty.
imo

If you have zero to hide you would come forward for the greater good. His motives were not pure as he knew he has been spotted and tried to get ahead of the train he thought was coming towards him.

Of course I’m a UK’er so maybe it’s different but certainly the majority here are taught to respect the police and I would trust them implicitly if I had seen something or needed help.
We don’t know of any actual evidence or investigation that pointed LE to RA. We know he came forward as a witness immediately and self-reported wearing jeans 5 years later and that’s enough investigation for the unified command. We don’t know of any tip or investigation that pointed to RA. He came forward as a witness.

With the Karen Reid trial, the Mississippi goon squad, my own experiences and countless other stories of police corruption, I would never blindly trust LE just because a person got hired to do a job. We’re all human, police can be bad at their jobs too. I find nothing trustworthy about the UC, especially with the refusing to investigate tips, refusing to confirm alibis, refusing evidence from witnesses, excluding 90% of witness descriptive statements on the PCA to force RA as a match and the boatloads of destroyed “lost” evidence in this case. None of this says trustworthy police work. I don’t even understand what they claim they did for 5 years.

On the other hand, in this case, I trust the FBI, experts, Click and those LE in this case who actually did the work, investigated leads and came forward when they saw RA arrested, putting their reputations on the line to say no, this isn’t right, the third party culprits are far more compelling.

I will be second guessing whether I would ever come forward as a witness as I own jeans as well and that’s the bar to throw someone in solitary confinement without a trial in Indiana.

He admits what time he was there in the first statement he did and we also have a witness who can place him on the first platform which he admits he went to and that witness saw what she believed was Abby and Libby walking towards the bridge which had RA waiting on. So that ties him to a time after the girls got dropped off.

He only changed his time years after the fact as he knew it made him look guilty.
imo
The witness described a 20 year old with poofy hair, not RA and the first statement is not a recorded interview so we can’t confirm that Ra actually said that. it’s handwritten notes from LE.

The witness described a 20 year old with poofy hair, not RA and the first statement is not a recorded interview so we can’t confirm that Ra actually said that. it’s handwritten notes from LE.

So he wrote down what RA told them. I am afraid I don’t believe in a conspiracy here so I take that at face value. The face covering which he admits to obscured her view and that beanie he wore also hide most of his hair and you can even see that from the grainy video.

So he wrote down what RA told them. I am afraid I don’t believe in a conspiracy here so I take that at face value. The face covering which he admits to obscured her view and that beanie he wore also hide most of his hair and you can even see that from the grainy video.
I’m not claiming conspiracy. I’m just saying that if I am to beleive something to be the absolute gospel truth, I would need to see the person actually say the words myself via recorded interview.

I’m not claiming conspiracy. I’m just saying that if I am to beleive something to be the absolute gospel truth, I would need to see the person actually say the words myself via recorded interview.

Fair enough whereas I have no reason to believe a casual informal interview would have been recorded. He took RA’s statement and RA admitted being out on those tails at the exact same time as the girls.

Years later poor old RA’s memory’s seems to have lapsed and he suddenly was out there a few hours before. I have no doubt the Jury will see though this as utter baloney as well.

IMO

Please watch this video, even if GH rubs you the wrong way.

The Comet was NOT parked at the old CPS building. It was on the side of the road, 150 yards from the CPS building.

Agreed.

This is why you should never talk to police.

Well, unless you're guilty. Then please do. Please, please and more please. Talk, talk and keep talking. Even if you're lying, keep talking because we know your lies will eventually tell on you.

(Not YOU, @mrjitty -- universal you, the bad guy)

I love it when THEY talk. It's just defense attorneys who don't.

Really curious about RA's phone calls and letters -- there are many ways to confess, including directly.

JMO

It is on record because defense chose to get it on record. I’m sure NM is fine with ding dong, considering defense already slandered him as a coke head. Who knows how a jury will react to defense in court? Maybe they will love them!

jmo
Interestingly, it's on the record b/c it's in the official transcript from the hearing. Line by line. This exchange was during the hearing, and the transcript was an exhibit to the D's motion/notice - posted on this thread a week ago Monday.

We don’t know of any actual evidence or investigation that pointed LE to RA. We know he came forward as a witness immediately and self-reported wearing jeans 5 years later and that’s enough investigation for the unified command. We don’t know of any tip or investigation that pointed to RA. He came forward as a witness.

With the Karen Reid trial, the Mississippi goon squad, my own experiences and countless other stories of police corruption, I would never blindly trust LE just because a person got hired to do a job. We’re all human, police can be bad at their jobs too. I find nothing trustworthy about the UC, especially with the refusing to investigate tips, refusing to confirm alibis, refusing evidence from witnesses, excluding 90% of witness descriptive statements on the PCA to force RA as a match and the boatloads of destroyed “lost” evidence in this case. None of this says trustworthy police work. I don’t even understand what they claim they did for 5 years.

On the other hand, in this case, I trust the FBI, experts, Click and those LE in this case who actually did the work, investigated leads and came forward when they saw RA arrested, putting their reputations on the line to say no, this isn’t right, the third party culprits are far more compelling.

I will be second guessing whether I would ever come forward as a witness as I own jeans as well and that’s the bar to throw someone in solitary confinement without a trial in Indiana.

Evidence and explanation will come out in trial. Why would you think we should be privy to it all at this point?

Except to RA's defense lawyers, they were quite upset at no equal time. I'm sure JG could have drummed up something to make them not feel so slighted from the brevity. ;)
Folks may be too busy but ... if you have time and inkling ... you can read the transcript exhibit to the motion where these hearing exchanges were recorded.

It's not because he wore jeans. It's because he said he was there in a critical time. Any person there in that time probably would be investigated. Then his own words - the clothing, the gun, describing the same interaction with the girls, girls who said they have seen the BG, changing stories, etc. The bad work by LE is how they misfiled his interview and only noted he existed 6 years later. The case should been solved in the first week after the crime and I bet it would be much easier for collect evidence in that time. Unfortunately, it didn't happen.

Please watch this video, even if GH rubs you the wrong way.

The Comet was NOT parked at the old CPS building. It was on the side of the road, 150 yards from the CPS building.
Who is this man calling in? There’s no real explanation of what any of that is. I got the BB witness statement of the comet at CPS from court documents. I haven’t seen it mentioned that there was another car on the side of the road. He says “older car” so that’s quite broad, did I miss him saying a color or body style? I hope that LE looked into that car if that is true.

Would RA's written words also be believable? There was a good reason, I think, during that June 15, 2023 hearing, that as soon as the warden mentioned recieving 5 or 6 letters from RA, his attorney called for a sidebar to stop any description of those letters from being uttered by the witness. Why, because they'd agreed in chambers, in secret, ahead of the hearing not to mention the letters? That's something the prosecution would have absolutely been hung out to dry for doing, but the defense gets a skate on that, keeping RA's repeated actions secret, because he needs a fair trial. The public doesn't need to know about those letters ahead of time, not fair if they did. Speculation on my part but they must hold some damning evidence of RA's guilt. Now at trial the burning question will be, was RA competent when he wrote them? AJMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rouark50
Back