Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #186

Who is this man calling in? There’s no real explanation of what any of that is. I got the BB witness statement of the comet at CPS from court documents. I haven’t seen it mentioned that there was another car on the side of the road. He says “older car” so that’s quite broad, did I miss him saying a color or body style? I hope that LE looked into that car if that is true.

The point that I am trying to make is that there were 2 vehicles spotted that day.

The man speaking with GH saw the car more than once. It was an older vehicle and was absolutely NOT the car that was seen backed into the old CPS building. It is much more in line with the description of the car that another witness reported seeing.

That vehicle was parked along side the road.

JMO

It was an innocent remark made at sidebar turned into something gross by the D, but it's all good.

Like yourself, I'm sure NM is over disparaging commentary. ;)

moo
Agree!

Per the filing ... it was delivered (Judge to NM) "affectionally".

IMO, and obviously, Judge Gull didn't use the phrase to be gross.
(Although, I'm still dizzy from the double (triple?) entendre.)

Worth noting that in the motion, the D expresses that Judge Gull's tone with the P is consistently friendly vs her tone with the D, where her tone is consistently unfriendly.
The D asserts their ISSUE: the Court's attitude towards the D and the P do NOT appear unbiased, and that the D will be pushing for live recording of hearings because of this ongoing issue.

As folks here comment that court officer attitudes influence the Jury ... the Defense is concerned about the same thing wrt the Court ... and wants it corrected.

That any party feels compelled to make a record of the Court's attitude for appellate reasons - is a new one on me. As is the argument that tone = appearance of bias.

I kinda think this one is a shot across the bow.
In that case, gotta hand it to the ding dong arrow.
It's funny. It sticks. Hurts a bit. And makes the point.

JMHO

Last edited:
Agree!

Worth noting that in the motion, the D expresses that Judge Gull's tone with the P is consistently friendly vs her tone with the D, where her tone is consistently unfriendly.
The D asserts their ISSUE: the Court's attitude towards the D and the P are NOT unbiased, and that the D will be pushing for live recording of hearings because of this ongoing issue.

As folks here comment that court officer attitudes influence the Jury ... the Defense is concerned about the same thing wrt the Court ... and wants it corrected.

That any party feels compelled to make a record of the Court's attitude for appellate reasons - is a new one on me. As is the argument that tone = appearance of bias.

JMHO
Oh I hope the court agrees to live audio recording! Maybe then the D would think twice about yelling at the judge in the courtroom that she doesn't understand anything about the case.

The point that I am trying to make is that there were 2 vehicles spotted that day.

The man speaking with GH saw the car more than once. It was an older vehicle and was absolutely NOT the car that was seen backed into the old CPS building. It is much more in line with the description of the car that another witness reported seeing.

That vehicle was parked along side the road.

JMO
I went back over the transcript to see what I'm missing and the man doesn't know the color of the car or anything descriptive other than "an older car". Is this older like a 90s car or like a 60s classic car? no clarification that I saw? If he said "I saw a mercury comet parked there" or even an old classic car, then that could be considered conflicting, but to me, this is too broad to scratch out the very specific eyewitness statement given to the police (and I still don't know even know who this man is ?).

My hope is that if this man did see this older car parked on the side of the road close to the bridge at 2pm, he called LE and hopefully LE looked into it as it could mean something. I don't think I have seen this car mentioned elsewhere as of yet. Food for thought.

Agree!

The D asserts their ISSUE: the Court's attitude towards the D and the P do NOT appear unbiased, and that the D will be pushing for live recording of hearings because of this ongoing issue.

JMHO
D - "Mean Judge Gull, look she jokes with NM and not us and makes mean faces at us too". I swear all I can hear is waaah.

The D brought attention and made record of it by their Response to try and embarrass NM and the Judge, it was said in a sidebar conversation. The Judge was asking how long NM needed to present the rest of his case, and NM thought she meant bathroom break time.

Judge Gull said it like any or many others would have done, "no dummy, or in this case, ding dong, I don't need to know about that." She was trying to plan a lunch break or a 15 minute recess.

It wasn't funny, it didn't stick, it didn't hurt and made no point other than to further show how juvenile and petulant Rozzi and Baldwin have become IMO. If it would make Rozzi and Baldwin feel better or help their emos and feels than maybe we should send Judge Gull a letter asking her to refer to them as such also.

I thought you must have liked it since you added It to your tagline, cool. Voila', everyone is happy now. :)

JMHO

I went back over the transcript to see what I'm missing and the man doesn't know the color of the car or anything descriptive other than "an older car". Is this older like a 90s car or like a 60s classic car? no clarification that I saw? If he said "I saw a mercury comet parked there" or even an old classic car, then that could be considered conflicting, but to me, this is too broad to scratch out the very specific eyewitness statement given to the police (and I still don't know even know who this man is ?).

My hope is that if this man did see this older car parked on the side of the road close to the bridge at 2pm, he called LE and hopefully LE looked into it as it could mean something. I don't think I have seen this car mentioned elsewhere as of yet. Food for thought.

I get what you're saying.
It seems to be a logical conclusion, that this man saw an older vehicle, and so did the other witness.
The other accounts, along with video show that the car at the old CPS building was smaller and dark in color.

JMO

You're welcome, it's just a quirk of mine that entire threads can be made disparaging the Prosecutor, the Judge, LE, the State's case, evidence, etc. when we don't even know what it is yet.

This is the first case I've voiced such concern over defense behavior, because it has been THAT unprofessional. Rozzi and Baldwin disparage themselves every time they file Responses, Motions, or open their mouths really. IMO

Hopefully R&B will get their client, RA, to Court soon and let the legal process work like it's intended rather than attempt to try the case in the Media and Social Media. It's old, it's worn out, it's tired. Much like the D and their merry band of SM/YT followers and 'legal experts' appear to be lately.

#Justice4Abby&LibbyAlways

All JMO
Appreciate your candidness regarding your intense feelings re the defense in this case. (And of course you're not the only one.)

I don't suppose it helps to know that the IN Bar has absolutely no problem with either member of this Defense team?

I was driving when I heard on car radio news that a search party had been organized that day for girls missing in Indiana. I also recall emphasis by a woman who saw a man walking along the main road. A car parked on the roadside was witnessed by many people. (Wondering in a town that size why it wasn't possible to follow this car lead 'sooner'?) RA's auto may match, or not; it was the early publicized lead.

Oh I hope the court agrees to live audio recording! Maybe then the D would think twice about yelling at the judge in the courtroom that she doesn't understand anything about the case.
Yeah, I remember that one.
Seemed a fair assessment; she's heard none of their motions (except safekeeping) ... denied each and every one. She'll hear a few at the end of July. These will be the first.
It's not like she disagreed.
It would be impractical for her to assert she understands their case when she's heard nothing.
JMHO

IIRC the Judge also held a hearing on the first motion to dismiss and has also ordered an omnibus hearing on multiple motions including defence motion to suppress that should have taken place in May except the defence blocked them.

it isn’t true she hasn’t held any hearings.

ETA

MOO

Last edited:
IIRC the Judge also held a hearing on the first motion to dismiss and has also ordered an omnibus hearing on multiple motions including defence motion to suppress that should have taken place in May except the defence blocked them.

Gosh MJ, stop trying to throw us off with real facts.

I've read plenty (especially the Safekeeping Motion ex.) and she was completely cordial, fair and balanced to both parties. See the reality of the situation in black for those who care to read the docs.

6.15.23 Safekeeping - Google Drive

JMO

D - "Mean Judge Gull, look she jokes with NM and not us and makes mean faces at us too". I swear all I can hear is waaah.

The D brought attention and made record of it by their Response to try and embarrass NM and the Judge, it was said in a sidebar conversation. The Judge was asking how long NM needed to present the rest of his case, and NM thought she meant bathroom break time.

Judge Gull said it like any or many others would have done, "no dummy, or in this case, ding dong, I don't need to know about that." She was trying to plan a lunch break or a 15 minute recess.

It wasn't funny, it didn't stick, it didn't hurt and made no point other than to further show how juvenile and petulant Rozzi and Baldwin have become IMO. If it would make Rozzi and Baldwin feel better or help their emos and feels than maybe we should send Judge Gull a letter asking her to refer to them as such also.

I thought you must have liked it since you added It to your tagline, cool. Voila', everyone is happy now. :)

JMHO
We see things differently again! :)
As mentioned, I happen to think the ding dong clause - is strategic.
Not like it's going to become some famous legal move or anything.
It's just one of those little pieces you put on the board.
Or maybe it's frosting?

Whatever it turns out to be, I've tagged it for the moment b/c ... this case ... at this moment ... is just so darn ding dong.

IMO.

Last edited:

thank you very much for the correction and this opportunity to agree.
So ... the correction is that she's held one hearing, which she denied, without explanation or law cites.
And the D's comment arose when Judge Gull told the D they only needed no more than 6 days, and the P said "but we have a boatload of witnesses and we might also need some of those 6 days" and it turns out Judge Gull set the 3 week timing without consulting the D and perhaps without consulting with the P either.

When the D STRONGLY objected, Judge Gull told them she couldn't keep the jury longer than the 3 weeks planned (which is incorrect; she can). And b/c the Defense needs more time to present their case than 4 or so days, they caucused, (but only b/c Nick agreed to let them speak with their client), and they chose a longer time frame to present their case over Gull's artificial deadline because the D is actually the only party that can decided to give up their speedy trial. Judge Gull can't do it for them. And neither can the P. And no one has any idea why the Prosecution helps Judge Gull decide if she should permit the D to consult with their client over moving his trial date ... so that's still a mystery.

Feel free to let me know if I've got any of that wrong. I'm on the road and working from memory.

P.S. It is a practical fact that Judge Gull knows nothing about the D's case. Neither do we. Not yet. Perhaps soon via the 3 day omnibus hearing. But, I used a pencil when I marked the omnibus date on my calendar. I mean. My calendar has ink re this case that strongly suggests the use of lead would be more prudent.

JMHO

Last edited:
It is on record because defense chose to get it on record. I’m sure NM is fine with ding dong, considering defense already slandered him as a coke head. Who knows how a jury will react to defense in court? Maybe they will love them!

jmo
RBBM
Would you have a link for that statement? I don’t recall reading or hearing that. :oops:

Doesn’t change the facts RA is the culprit and that LE have evidence of that.

Just because they made mistakes it doesn’t outweigh the facts that they over came the early obstacles and did in the end get their man who has since confessed multiple times and can be placed on the bridge dressed as BG.

Moo
Have you seen any of his "multiple confessions"? Neither have I. I'm going to hold off asserting that he "confessed" until there is some evidence to back up the assertions he confessed.

Have you seen any of his "multiple confessions"? Neither have I. I'm going to hold off asserting that he "confessed" until there is some evidence to back up the assertions he confessed.
The public probably will not see the confessions until the trial. His defense team admitted he confessed/made incriminating statements. In a hearing, the warden says he confessed to him in letters but the defense stopped that. People who are at the hearing heard that he also confessed to health workers. The defense are trying to dismiss the confessions/incriminating statements because "coerced" or because he isn't in his right mind (they are constantly changing the reason) and the prosecution asked them to put in filings which confessions are coerced. The defense didn't answer until now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
80schick
Back