Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #187

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really don’t get why some are hung up on nobody recognizing him in CVS or his wife.

People don’t tend to think their neighbors or friends or husbands are capable of killing two teenage girls out on a stroll.

And we also are not privy to if his wife or his friends actually made comments in passing to him due to the gag order in place about his appearance to BG.

Moo
If I wanted to engage in the same type of unfalsifiable theory creation as some others, I'd suggest that we don't actually know that he wasn't eventually tipped in by one of these people. And that tip led to the case file being searched for RA's info to see if he's been brought up before, which led to the discovery of his self-report that was overlooked. Things snowballed from there, ending in the search warrant and arrest of RA.

There's no evidence this is what happened. But it could have! Just as much as some of these other theories...

JMO

It would be interesting to know exactly what she recalls especially as she only saw him briefly.

The only thing is, SC can give all the reasons she wants as to why she thought what she thought, but because she never visually saw an altercation or a physical fight it mightn't hold up at all or could possibly be considered hearsay.

The Defense would probably object on the grounds of her not been an expert, not being a witness to an actual fight and it not being based on fact.
MOO I really think just living with people in a community is all the expertise needed to say you think someone looked like they were in a fight.

If a crime happens in a public area during a period of time that you were there and you do not come forward, does that mean you are the criminal responsible?

I do not think coming forward worked out very well for Richard Allen. Even after over 5 1/2 years it does not sound like any of the potential witnesses who went to CVS ever saw him there and thought that he looked like the man they saw out on the Monon High Bridge trail the day Abigail Willims and Liberty German were murdered.
But we really do not know if anyone thought he could be BG or if anyone tipped him into LE.
Heck, there could have been multiple tips on him for all we know.

He also gained weight and grew a goatee --changing his appearance.

Hoping they get this to trial sometime this year--
Libby & Abby and their families along with RA and his family deserve this.

I really don’t get why some are hung up on nobody recognizing him in CVS or his wife.

People don’t tend to think their neighbors or friends or husbands are capable of killing two teenage girls out on a stroll.

And we also are not privy to if his wife or his friends actually made comments in passing to him due to the gag order in place about his appearance to BG.

Moo
Right !!!

For all we know, LE could have gotten multiple tips on him -- we won't know until trial.
Along with the what you posted about friends, neighbors, etc -- they dont tend to think it is a neighbor, per say.

Moo

I don't think it's odd that people who were there at the trails that day didn't recognize him. Maybe they literally never ran into him at the CVS.

If the "image known as BG" looked anything at all like RA, I would think it odd nobody recognized him at all since it's been plastered near and far, all over the country in fact. But, since it looks nothing like RA, or any human man, I don't find it odd.

IMO MOO

I didn't mean actual homicides although I'm sure some have caught such moments.

I mean like a witness - like a witness seeing the suspect at a gas station, showing somewhere as the last place known that the suspect and victim were together, showing vehicles on a number of streets at different times taking the victim from point c to Point v and it goes on.

Cameras can pick up all of that.

One court case I watched a few years back used cameras extensively as well as cell phone locations to piece it all together to prove the suspect's every move from the time the victim disappeared.

One of the best court cases I've ever watched!
Murderers like to hide from cameras.
The one camera BG didn’t get to hide from was Libby’s.
Libby was an incredible witness.

I don't think it's odd that people who were there at the trails that day didn't recognize him. Maybe they literally never ran into him at the CVS.

If the "image known as BG" looked anything at all like RA, I would think it odd nobody recognized him at all since it's been plastered near and far, all over the country in fact. But, since it looks nothing like RA, or any human man, I don't find it odd.

IMO MOO

BG Has his build and short stumpy legs and of course dressed similarly to RA which he has admitted to.

I can definitely tell it’s a man as well. Thats no woman on the bridge.

BG Has his build and short stumpy legs and of course dressed similarly to RA which he has admitted to.

I wonder why short and stumpy was never part of the description. Didn't they have "BG" standing at at least 5'10"? No wonder nobody ever thought to make the connection to RA. Even DD, the man who interviewed him and stood up there on the stage at that big presser.

I wonder why short and stumpy was never part of the description. Didn't they have "BG" standing at at least 5'10"? No wonder nobody ever thought to make the connection to RA. Even DD, the man who interviewed him and stood up there on the stage at that big presser.

Between 5ft6 and ft10 was the rough estimate and I believe RA is 5.5 so not far out and one booking photo may of had him at 5.ft7 if I am remembering correctly.

Weight is about right as well and was from Delphi hiding in plain sight which was predicted.

Moo

Last edited:
BLOOD

There wasn't a lot of blood on the clothes Abby had on - if at all. Just maybe a little where she was cut on her neck.

With Libby it was different, but then her blood was also used to write that F on the tree.

If he attacked both girls say from behind and knew what he was doing there is a chance he didn't get much blood on himself at all especially if he let them bleed out before posing or staging the crime scene.

JMT
I disagree an F was written on the tree.

Also just s note: no matter how I searched previously, I never could find a Carhartt jacket thin and coach-like with slash pockets and snaps.
But then I did.
Definitely can be a Carhartt worn on the bridge.

My understanding of the issue is that there was no assurance of time management for the prosecution.
Why wouldn't there be time management assured for the prosecution? I've always seen judges be on top of the prosecution about their efficiency and usage of time---they don't get to be sloppy or disorganised either. It goes both ways.
We can assume she would be on top of them but without any assurance of it on the record, the defence was worried there may not be enough time to get through their defence by the time prosecution was done.
The defense was just gaslighting, IMO. JG had already said how much time for each side would be allotted---

'the defense was worried' is just them whining and complaining as a way to weasel out of their commitment. They already agreed to that specific time allotment then they backpedaled because they are not ready for a trial yet, IMO
If JG was confident that it was going to be done on time, she wouldn’t have allowed the postponement, would she? Wouldn’t she have told both sides to get their nonsense sorted? But she didn’t. She agreed to postpone it. That request was made seemingly spur of the minute by Rossi and granted by JG. She could have denied it couldn’t she?
If she had denied it could have meant trouble for her, as the D would have added it to their list of biases. I don't think a judge can force the D to go to trial if they are not prepared. HUGE appeal issue and big waste of time and money.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave
Back