Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #187

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But we really do not know if anyone thought he could be BG or if anyone tipped him into LE.
Heck, there could have been multiple tips on him for all we know.

He also gained weight and grew a goatee --changing his appearance.

Hoping they get this to trial sometime this year--
Libby & Abby and their families along with RA and his family deserve this.
My response would be the same as post 728. I was only replying to the last post in the discussion.

There could be multiple tips about him or there could not be, but that does not change the fact that the witnesses out on the Monon High Bridge trail who claim to have seen Bridge guy on February 13, 2017, never thought Richard Allen looked like Bridge guy or must have not went into CVS and saw Richard Allen over the next 5 and a half years. Or Richard Allen was so sly that he changed his appearance so much that no one could notice his new physical description.

RSBM

That’s just simply not true. They have his own statement that he was there, wearing the same clothes BG was wearing. They have others that saw him there, that he also admits to having seen. The defense has stayed miles away from those witnesses. I don’t know why they are just conveniently brushed off all the time by posters here.

In addition to that, they have his vehicle caught on camera arriving when he initially said he arrived, they have the video of BG that is consistent with RA’s appearance, they have the round forensically linked to his firearm, they have something like a dozen confessions to random people in prison, he has no alibi, and it’s looking like they may have evidence his phone was off or not with him when he claimed he was looking at stocks while walking the trail (but that is speculation on my part).

There is a tremendous amount of circumstantial evidence that we know about. There is likely even more that we don’t.

JMO
The problem with this case is that like so many people have already written, we do not know if the prosecution has all this forensic evidence and other convincing evidence against Richard Allen. If they do, then I think he will be convicted and that it is a complete waste of time by the defense trying to blame it on some third party.

But if the prosecution does not have this other evidence, everything you wrote in your post is not proof beyond a reasonable doubt of committing the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German(in my opinion). The only part that is somewhat convincing to me is the unspent round forensically linked to his firearm. How compelling will the expert testimony be about it? The confessions are also interesting, but what exactly did Richard Allen say in the confessions?

If the witness who claims to have seen Richard Allen on platform 1 of the Monon High Bridge on February 13, 2017, (BB) cannot say with certainty who she saw, the whole timeline falls apart. As it stands today without knowing what other evidence the prosecution has, the circumstantial evidence in this case is not enough to convict him of the murders.

My response would be the same as post 728. I was only replying to the last post in the discussion.

There could be multiple tips about him or there could not be, but that does not change the fact that the witnesses out on the Monon High Bridge trail who claim to have seen Bridge guy on February 13, 2017, never thought Richard Allen looked like Bridge guy or must have not went into CVS and saw Richard Allen over the next 5 and a half years. Or Richard Allen was so sly that he changed his appearance so much that no one could notice his new physical description.
He did change his appearance after the murders. He let his hair go grey, gained weight.

And during the murders, he probably did not look much like the CVS worker, nor would any of them expect to see him on the bridge or the trails, so no big surprise if he wasn't recognised at the time.

I remember it differently, Judge Gull told the short interim D team S&L that IF they needed to file a FM or change their course from what R&B had submitted, she would allow it.

Someone please feel free to correct me.

JMO

I've never found this argument about promising the new D a hearing on a Franks motion that they never actually filed to be terribly convincing. Remember in the very chambers hearing where she pushed the old D off the case - they also discussed a potential Franks hearing.

I suspect in the interim she just completed her review of everything that filed and found it didn't reach the standard for a hearing. A view she might not have held earlier because she hadn't been through all the content yet. It was 1000s of pages and hours of depos.

MOO

MOO MOO? LOL!
I tell you something, which is really MOO. My memory reappeared yesterday, when I looked at my TV for the European Championship for Soccer, the final in Berlin between Spain and England. Men were walking along the tunnel, and when I (soccer layman) thought, a certain man would be Harry Kane from England, the reporter mentioned Kane's brother Charlie, who could be confused with his brother Harry, the player. Then another man appeared on the screen, and to me he again looked like player Kane, although with a T-shirt in different color. You know, how fast the TV broadcast is running (with no repetition); so this morning I'm still thinking of it, and I still don't know, which man I saw when. Harry or Charlie or vice versa. o_O:oops:o_O I just googled the two brothers; I wanted to see their possible similarity. I saw the differences, but if you are seeing one brother only, it may well be, you accidentally could switch them around. NOW I'm remembering things from 2017 in case Delphi murders, which I had forgotten for some time (actually since RA got arrested). My theory at that time (and for several years) was, that witnesses could have seen 2 very similar brothers with either the same clothing or also somehow different clothing, one brother with a beard and one brother without beard. - That was for a long time one of my theories, but since RA is the arrested suspect and because he doesn't have a similar looking brother (I think), my theories are obsolete.

It would have helped probably, if we based our theory on 2 really similar looking men with different clothing, seen by the witnesses. It's of no use - RA seems to be the right BG (his confessions!!) and the only one.

I tell you something, which is really MOO. My memory reappeared yesterday, when I looked at my TV for the European Championship for Soccer, the final in Berlin between Spain and England. Men were walking along the tunnel, and when I (soccer layman) thought, a certain man would be Harry Kane from England, the reporter mentioned Kane's brother Charlie, who could be confused with his brother Harry, the player. Then another man appeared on the screen, and to me he again looked like player Kane, although with a T-shirt in different color. You know, how fast the TV broadcast is running (with no repetition); so this morning I'm still thinking of it, and I still don't know, which man I saw when. Harry or Charlie or vice versa. o_O:oops:o_O I just googled the two brothers; I wanted to see their possible similarity. I saw the differences, but if you are seeing one brother only, it may well be, you accidentally could switch them around. NOW I'm remembering things from 2017 in case Delphi murders, which I had forgotten for some time (actually since RA got arrested). My theory at that time (and for several years) was, that witnesses could have seen 2 very similar brothers with either the same clothing or also somehow different clothing, one brother with a beard and one brother without beard. - That was for a long time one of my theories, but since RA is the arrested suspect and because he doesn't have a similar looking brother, I think, my theories are obsolete.

It would have helped probably, if we based our theory on 2 really similar looking men with different clothing, seen by the witnesses. It's of no use - RA seems to be the right BG (his confessions!!) and the only one.

I remember when DC "unveiled" the YBG and it exploded the internet, people started comparing, merging, etc. And then DC said that the perpetrator could be both YBG and OBG...it stirs up something in the subconscious, something akin to what I am reading in your post, but again, I can't verbalize it. But two similarly looking men. And BG looking and sounding as "a generic Midwestern man". And the stock being narrow. And yes, two brothers...

Last edited:
I was wondering about leather, but then I also thought they could still possibly leave small traces of fibers behind or even their own kind of unique print if they were a well worn pair. If new, probably no traces.

Gloves, however, do look like a strong possibility.
<snipped & BBM> Interesting about the fibers and unidentified hairs at the CS.

The agent suspected a souvenir had been taken by the killer and that it was common for perpetrators to memorialize the crime scene with pictures. (This is what I think has hung RA up as far as the SW)

The FBI agent said investigators did recover fibers and unidentified hairs at the crime scene.

Here's a timeline of major developments in the Delphi murders case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back