Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #187

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Sooo, Murdersheet just dropped 3. episodes that are quite interesting.

I am almost done with the first one.

Just near the end of episode 1 and it’s just shocking the stuff that’s coming out.

Unfortunately I already had such a low opinion of the defense and this just cements it.

Moo

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

There are usually transcripts available later but the descriptions work for now:

The Delphi Murders: The Secret Messages of the Delphi Defense’s Brain Trust: Part Three: A Conversation with Paul Mannion on Truth and True Crime​

Members of Richard Allen’s defense team have worked hand-in-hand with internet cranks in order to sway the public narrative of the case, smear perceived enemies, and raise thousands of dollars through a poorly-organized fundraiser.
We have spent weeks looking through a Twitter private message group consisting of Allen's appellate attorney Cara Wieneke, attorney for Bradley Rozzi and Andrew Baldwin Michael Ausbrook, Illinois attorney Bob Motta of the Defense Diaries Youtube show, licensed clinical social worker associate and internet crank Angela Sadlowski, dog food company employee and internet crank Courtney Parsons, and social media crank Nicole Miller.

Ep #1-
In this episode, listeners will learn more about how professional attorneys whipped obvious cranks into a frenzy, what went wrong with the fundraiser for Alllen's trial experts, what this group really thinks of victim Liberty German's family, and how Motta, Sadlowski, Parsons, and Miller frequently derided Judge Frances Gull as a "b**ch."

Ep #2-
In this episode, listeners will learn more about accusations that Motta and Sadlowski made about us "bullying" Baldwin, why Wieneke wants to entrust personal information about prospective jurors to so-called "internet sleuths," and the defense's possible strategy for getting a mistrial.

Ep #3
Today, we'll talk to the owner of the channel, Paul Mannion. He'll get into his concerns about the internet culture around the case, the pipeline between the defense team and the web, and why he is taking a stand and speaking out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sooo, Murdersheet just dropped 3. episodes that are quite interesting.

I am almost done with the first one.
Oh, this is great listening. I knew there were SM and YT hacks PR-ing behind the Defense. The fact that the gimmie money fund was set up by a YouTuber verses Hennessy is not surprising at all. It has had a lot of questionability.

The Due Process Gang? HAHAHAHA (BM, CW, DH, MA) You really can't make this stuff up...BM's Zone of Pain? LOL

This is exactly why I loathe this Defense and what they've turned this case into. What happened about the law???

MOO

"Hennessy filed a list of 26 exhibits... Included... are multiple communications between McLeland and Gary Beaudette, owner of a YouTube channel called Fig Solves. ...exhibits include Beaudette’s relationship to the crime scene photo leakers, including one who was found deceased shortly after the photos were released. ...allegations that Beaudette sent defense work product to McLeland.... video of Beaudette discussing .... a bullet found at the crime scene and ...gun was found at Allen’s house when that information was still under seal."

Edited to remove some words/pare down to conform to the 10% rule.

IMO MOO

Oh there's been more. Much, much more since day 1 in terms of social media narrative steering. This is just one side and this journalist's opinion of other podcasters.

IMO MOO

The MS research is sourced and they read the message chains. I don’t follow MS and don’t know if they’ve posted the messages publicly.

Please feel free to share any other sourced information about parties to these court proceedings coordinating strategy with youTubers. I am not aware of activity on the prosecutorial side.

MOO.

The MS research is sourced and they read the message chains. I don’t follow MS and don’t know if they’ve posted the messages publicly.

Please feel free to share any other sourced information about parties to these court proceedings coordinating strategy with youTubers. I am not aware of activity on the prosecutorial side.

MOO.

We were probably posting at the same time, but I just posted about the prosecutor exchanging information with a different YouTuber. From what I've observed, YouTube is a mess with this case....drama city.

IMO MOO

Ugh I wonder if there was more transparency directly from the court and less secrecy, it would make less room for these idiot podcaster and thirsty YouTubers to drum up pointless drama to further monetize this horrific murder.

I might be cranky so scroll now if you don’t want the rant lol. I don’t care at all about content creator wars. It’s childish. We’re grown ups. Why are these grown folks infiltrating and releasing a private group chat? For what? (Money.) I thought releasing the voicemail (for money) was low. This is just further perpetuating the “ circus side show” that is this case. Embarrassing.

MOO

Would you mind refreshing my memory about what you mean? thank you!
Sure. BBM
Docket
5/1/24 Order Issued
The Court, having had this matter under advisement following a hearing conducted on March 18, 2024, and having reviewed the evidence admitted at the hearing (the Court did not review any evidence that was offered but not admitted), the arguments of counsel and the briefs and memorandums submitted by Counsel now finds that the State proved by a preponderance of the evidence that defense counsel was sloppy, negligent, and incompetent in their handling of discovery materials. Counsel failed to properly secure evidence and discovery material in this matter. Counsel negligently allowed their discovery outline to be sent to an individual unrelated to this matter (Brandon Woodhouse) who then disseminated that information to the public. Counsel further allowed their discovery materials to be compromised by Westerman (who, in turn, provided the information to Fortson and Cohen). Counsel has described Westerman both as a criminal and a valued consultant and confidante. Despite this Court's findings of sloppiness, negligence, and incompetence, the State is required to prove that Counsels' conduct was willful and intentional beyond a reasonable doubt for the Court to find Counsel in contempt. As the State has not met that burden, the Court declines to find them in contempt of Court for violating the Protective Order issued February 17, 2023, regarding discovery. The State has also alleged that defense counsel violated the "gag order" issued by the Court on December 2, 2022. Defense counsel issued a Press Release on December 1, 2022. The release contained statements that are potentially violative of the Rules of Professional Conduct. As Defense Counsels' Counsel correctly argues in his post-hearing brief, the gag order was not yet issued. As such, the Court declines to find Counsel in contempt of Court as no Order was in place. To the extent that the Press Release violated the Rules of Professional Responsibility, the Trial Court has no jurisdiction to enforce those Rules. As required by the Rules of Professional Responsibility, the Trial Court will, therefore, send a copy of this Order and the Press Release to the Office of Judicial and Attorney Regulation, Executive Director Adrienne Meiring for that Office to enforce the Rules or determine Counsels' ethical misconduct.

Ugh I wonder if there was more transparency directly from the court and less secrecy, it would make less room for these idiot podcaster and thirsty YouTubers to drum up pointless drama to further monetize this horrific murder.

I might be cranky so scroll now if you don’t want the rant lol. I don’t care at all about content creator wars. It’s childish. We’re grown ups. Why are these grown folks infiltrating and releasing a private group chat? For what? (Money.) I thought releasing the voicemail (for money) was low. This is just further perpetuating the “ circus side show” that is this case. Embarrassing.

MOO

I think it’s a good thing and it’s nothing to do with being childish. It again shows the complete lack of professionalism from the Defense and the dirty tricks and manipulation that they have tried to use to get RA some good PR spin.

MOO

I remember, that LE said, the girls were murdered a very short time after they met BG and that BG left the location/crime scene very late at around 4pm. MOO Most of us were shocked, that he dared to leave the crime scene as late as that, and we were thinking of all the things, he could have done to the girls. MOO The time, SC had seen the dirty man/BG, perhaps was the reason for LE's timeline. We wondered, why they would know, when BG was done with his crime and left the area. MOO
MOO for no link.
PS: Now we still wonder, how LE knew, the girls were murdered so very quickly. Maybe, it was a wrong assumption by them - who knows.
Responding late to this dated post: I think "quickly" was relative because, remember, they weren't located until the next day, nearly 24 hours later. Not uncommon for kidnapped children to be killed within an hour, roughly what happened here. I think that was the timeline LE may have been referring to. From the time of arrival to the time the witness saw that individual is narrow, clearly LE believed that to be BG, therefore, the girls were murdered within an hour or two.

JMO

We were probably posting at the same time, but I just posted about the prosecutor exchanging information with a different YouTuber. From what I've observed, YouTube is a mess with this case....drama city.

IMO MOO
Thanks for posting.

What’s described in the article is in a defense filing and was referred for disciplinary action, so one hopes dispassionate investigators will sort out who will receive what penalties, if any.

I sure hope the history of the exchanges outlined and read in the MS podcasts are included.

The language used to refer to the families of Libby and Abby — and Libby and Abby themselves — is appalling. I’m no longer dispassionate after hearing this — I hope all these attorneys are forced to answer for this insanely unethical and disgusting behavior.

MOO.

Concerning recent MS podcast #1

What talented cursers this group is. I thought my own ears were going to start melting.
I am so not surprised by this but I’ll admit I cannot believe the amount of hate spewed by these folks.
They vilify anybody pro-prosecution in the most profane ways. They happily dance on the bodies of dead children while proclaiming how overjoyed they will be when RA is a free man.
These people, including the defense team, are plotting to usurp justice. Actively plotting to usurp justice.
This is indefensible conduct. It cannot be condoned.

My opinion

Sure. BBM
Docket
5/1/24 Order Issued
The Court, having had this matter under advisement following a hearing conducted on March 18, 2024, and having reviewed the evidence admitted at the hearing (the Court did not review any evidence that was offered but not admitted), the arguments of counsel and the briefs and memorandums submitted by Counsel now finds that the State proved by a preponderance of the evidence that defense counsel was sloppy, negligent, and incompetent in their handling of discovery materials. Counsel failed to properly secure evidence and discovery material in this matter. Counsel negligently allowed their discovery outline to be sent to an individual unrelated to this matter (Brandon Woodhouse) who then disseminated that information to the public. Counsel further allowed their discovery materials to be compromised by Westerman (who, in turn, provided the information to Fortson and Cohen). Counsel has described Westerman both as a criminal and a valued consultant and confidante. Despite this Court's findings of sloppiness, negligence, and incompetence, the State is required to prove that Counsels' conduct was willful and intentional beyond a reasonable doubt for the Court to find Counsel in contempt. As the State has not met that burden, the Court declines to find them in contempt of Court for violating the Protective Order issued February 17, 2023, regarding discovery. The State has also alleged that defense counsel violated the "gag order" issued by the Court on December 2, 2022. Defense counsel issued a Press Release on December 1, 2022. The release contained statements that are potentially violative of the Rules of Professional Conduct. As Defense Counsels' Counsel correctly argues in his post-hearing brief, the gag order was not yet issued. As such, the Court declines to find Counsel in contempt of Court as no Order was in place. To the extent that the Press Release violated the Rules of Professional Responsibility, the Trial Court has no jurisdiction to enforce those Rules. As required by the Rules of Professional Responsibility, the Trial Court will, therefore, send a copy of this Order and the Press Release to the Office of Judicial and Attorney Regulation, Executive Director Adrienne Meiring for that Office to enforce the Rules or determine Counsels' ethical misconduct.

Thank you. So much to remember.

In my opinion, Judge Gull also needs to forward something to that office about Nick McLeland reading motions he's not supposed to be reading. Despite accusations that the defense team "filing it wrong," they have denied they did (and I believe them). In my opinion, Nick McLeland either knew what he was doing and knew it was wrong, or is too inexperienced to know better. And, in my opinion, even though he's inexperienced (as evidenced by him then outing himself by putting the information in a motion), I doubt the latter is the case.

All my opinion.

MOO IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003