Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #187

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has a transcript come out yet on the 3 episodes yet as so much information to remember ?

One of them thinks the bridge photo is fake and thinks maybe Libby’s family is behind it.
The attacks on the girls family’s are deplorable
just catching up with the latest developments. I can't even pretend to be shocked. This is nothing short of what I suspected and expected of the defense.

I can't listen to the podcast because my earbuds are busted and I am at work, but if anyone does locate a link to a transcript I would like to read it.

They didnt need the funder though. That's the point. It's part of the false narrative they are pushing.

In reality, they did get paid by the state for that expert. But they hadn't filled out the paperwork initially, and they wanted to make a BIG SHOW AND TELL out of it--pretending it was what you just described---pretending it was a class division thing and poor RA was bing undeserved.

But that was not true. They just needed to fill out the written request correctly, which they had not done. JG explains this in her long, recent written answer to their long list of complaints.
Was it illegal? When did JG pay out for the costs? If they erred in the paperwork that’s on B&R but if their names were not on the funder directly - how is this on them? If it wasn’t illegal then it is what it is. So what if someone played up the idea of poor Rick? If he did it, the state should have a solid case and get their conviction. Lawyers are strategists. Spin masters if you will. Why would we expect them not to spin within the confines of the law?

If the Sesrch Warrant was granted without the judge having the correct information or it had been altered to given them an impression in some way, or some info was omitted then that too is a spin.

Both sides engage in this generally speaking. Always interesting to watch the ways in which they all play the game.

I thought he was the guy. He fit the profile but nothing ever put him near the place at the time. There are apparently more sex criminals in that part of small-town Indiana than I thought possible.
I read somewhere that his last stint in prison was before they did mandatory blood testing on prisoners. So Delphi wouldn’t have had any way to connect him to the crime IF they had collected any DNA from the crime scene. I remember how he had so many photos of the area, and other tell tale signs that he knew something. It was as if he was taunting LE. Just very curious.

The point is that kind of jury research is typically properly conducted by contracted professionals.

What was being suggested here, is that the juror questionnaires be leaked to a bunch of online randos who then 'sleuth' the jurors raising risks of doxing etc. Seemingly because the defence did not have the resources to conduct such research themselves.

Frankly a shocking proposal.

MOO
This one I agree is out of line!

It's hard to know where to start with all this, but I am glad it's finally all out in the open, and because it is from an approved source, we can at last discuss some things here which have been obvious for some time.

I've suspected ever since BM had DH on his podcast after the MW leak fiasco that BM was the new conduit for Defence messaging. This makes sense as he is an attorney and thus it would be difficult for that ever to be pierced. And the Habeas professor who claimed to have no contact with the defence yet is doing media hits and on every conspiratorial youtube who will have him. Now we know how the cut out structure works.

This answers the biggest question for me, that I asked of attorney @O.Incandenza back in january. Was this an intentional leak?

(Answer snipped for focus)

My thinking was too caught up in a traditional media strategy and I agreed with O.Incandenza that this made no sense. But now I think we know what AB was doing with MW. I am confident MW had access to everything. And perhaps it really is the case that MW simply messed up and they got caught.

In any event, i was intrigued by the MS's theory that the defence's real strategy is to copy the Karen Read template. Now we know what they were so confident in saying that

MOO
I’ll have to google what the Karen read template is - never heard of it. But sounds interesting! Thanks for helping me to understand what’s going on.

The whole thing is so unethical and crazy it is hard to know where to start with it.

But as a bare minimum you would think Judge Gull should be asking CW if she did in fact draft the motion for parity and then tweet about it. Violation of the gag order?

But quite apart from that, you'd think members of the professional should simply not be engaging in this kind of conduct - it calls the profession into disrepute. IMO

I'm not naive, but I am shocked that it was this bad and blatant.
This entire case has been a nightmare from the beginning. From the “Keystone Cops” to this legal drama today. They have drawings, a voice recording, and evidence, but still no one is paying for the crime. Years are passing by, memories fade, evidence gets lost, people pass away, and yet here we are, going on eight years since the girls were brutally murdered and still, no one has been arrested. Why?
Perhaps the murderer sits in a jail cell.

One thing that caught my ear was one of the auxiliary attorneys suggested that they start a rumor that the video on Libby’s phone was fake. He goes on to remark that if people thought that was true they would figure Libby’s family was involved somehow and he was OK with that.
They were openly brainstorming lies they could throw out to the public.
That is not OK.
Not nice but an interesting (gross) strategy. I’m glad to learn about the things that go on in such trials. It still doesn’t seem to really change things for RA though, does it? The state needs a solid case to get their conviction. They must believe they have it or they wouldn’t have arrested him and proceeded in the direction of trial.

I grew up in what might as well have been Andy Griffith’s fictional Mayberry. There used to be Mayberrys. Nobody’s really safe anywhere anymore.
I still watch the re-runs. It told a story with every episode, always a lesson learned and without one curse word, sexual innuendo, nudity, violence, politics, or racism. Ahhh, the good old days when television was entertaining.

Not nice but an interesting (gross) strategy. I’m glad to learn about the things that go on in such trials. It still doesn’t seem to really change things for RA though, does it? The state needs a solid case to get their conviction. They must believe they have it or they wouldn’t have arrested him and proceeded in the direction of trial.
One would hope. What’s everyone’s feeling about the outcome, guilty or not?

If RA is the one that did this completely on his own, and had a loaded gun, why were the girls killed with a sharp object and not shot???
RA is the only one that can answer that question, but we can use the info we have to make educated guesses.

A gunshot at 2-4pm on a walking trail where others were walking would be heard and might draw attention quicker.

He only wanted to use the gun to get the girls to comply with getting them moved to a more private location so he could do what he really wanted to do.

I think the gimmie money was first set up by a YT person and then Hennessy took control, not Ausbrook.

The Due Process Gang was making fun of DH. That's gotta sting when he hears what they've said about him. :eek:

JMO
I can’t even recall who DH is??

EXACTLY!! Middle of the day on a week day in an area that noise would travel far and easily, and you're telling me that the man seen in the video was able to physically control TWO teenage girls all by himself? I still think someone or two someones were also "down the hill" lying in wait to make sure the girls didnt run or draw attention to what was going on.
They were cornered on the other side of the bridge and crossing back over quickly was not an option. They were stuck and this man had a gun. Have you ever had a gun pointed at you? I haven't, but I can say with nearly 100% certainty that if I did, I would do whatever the person with the gun said in order to not get shot. We know from what has been released that Libby was recording the man on the bridge and we can hear him talking and telling them to go down the hill. One of the girls mentions a gun so it's safe to say he had the gun visible to them when he was telling them to go down the hill. I do not know weather other people were involved, but what we do know is only 1 was recorded by the girls and only one is heard speaking to them, only 1 was seen on the trail prior to the girls arriving and only 1 man was seen on the bridge minutes before Abby and Libby arrived at the bridge. One man with a gun absolutely could get 2 young girls to comply and go where he was directing them to go.

It really isn't that difficult to get 2 girls who are scared to do what you say. If he ordered one of them to tie the other one up, then what? Now he has them and where are they going to go without fear of him shooting them? He didn't even have to have bullets in the gun all he had to do was show it and make the girls think he'd use it.

The language used to refer to the families of Libby and Abby — and Libby and Abby themselves — is appalling

Your thoughts?
I can't put them into the words I truly want to hear @nadia90 for fear of breaking the TOS. I can say it's the most vulgar, jarring, cruel, and mean spirited things I've heard.

To make matters worse, this is coming from a group of Attorneys. Supposedly educated, with ethics and morals. Who they are now shows me they are really just plain bad people. There's no other way to say it. :(

My thoughts will remain focused on #Justice4Abby&Libby, and I hope the families do not listen to this vitriol.

JMO

The point about the fund is the ethics.

They promoted the fund saying that it was safe to donate to because it was started by DH. But they knew actually it was not started by DH. Instead some rando youtuber.

MOO
Ah I did think it was some YouTube person who started it actually. I wouldn’t have donated either way.

I asked last night but will again, are there any actual rules that govern who can run a crowdsource fundraiser? Or where the $$ must go?

One would hope. What’s everyone’s feeling about the outcome, guilty or not?
I believe he is guilty in whole or in part. I’m waiting to see what the state has. Hoping it’s a strong case. What comes to mind for me is RA telling the interviewing officer not to F with his wife. That and the whole bullet thing make me think he’s got blood on his hands.

MOO IMO

I care about the integrity of this case and respectfully discussing this topic is within TOS (link to the TOS forum below).

I suspect others care, too. Those who do not may put me on “ignore” or “scroll and roll.”

MOO IMO ETC
I have to say the case was lacking integrity from the beginning. The online gossip columns are endless and always have been. Makes me wonder if so much secrecy around this case has had the opposite of its intended effect.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim
Back