Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #188

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They did “lose it” in the sense it is not available to the defense to review. This is pretty bad imo. You’d think they’d hold on to all things such as video interviews until someone is locked away and the keys been tossed in the Thames!
It’s bad and there’s so much it’s hard to sum up quickly lol

Apparently in August 2017, they realized veryimportant dates of interviews (I believe the 5 days after the murders) were completely deleted and the remaining videos had no sound and they just… Did nothing. Didn’t recall witnesses or make a list of who was interviewed or send it to the ISP lab to see if it could be recovered. They didn’t even make a report about it until the defense asked about it in 2023.

IMO This means (to me) that not one person in that 6 month period reviewed, watched or copied an interview to notice that the audio wasn’t recording? No one copied any interviews taken within the 5 days after the murders for a report.

Then there’s all the 3rd party evidence that was missing, “deleted”,or they claim to have never collected, and the defense has in turn gone out and collected from retired LE officers or random people in the world who retained a copy of the evidence they gave to the police that the police deleted. All MOO

Why, exactly, is it a huge deal? What evidentiary value does the video of the interview hold?

Maybe we're not talking about the same thing. I'm talking about the fact that ALL interview videos were lost. Not just one. Did I misunderstand? Were we talking about one specific video (and if so, whose)? I'm doing ten things at once right now and may have misunderstood.

IMO MOO

It’s bad and there’s so much it’s hard to sum up quickly lol

Apparently in August 2017, they realized veryimportant dates of interviews (I believe the 5 days after the murders) were completely deleted and the remaining videos had no sound and they just… Did nothing. Didn’t recall witnesses or make a list of who was interviewed or send it to the ISP lab to see if it could be recovered. They didn’t even make a report about it until the defense asked about it in 2023.

IMO This means (to me) that not one person in that 6 month period reviewed, watched or copied an interview to notice that the audio wasn’t recording? No one copied any interviews taken within the 5 days after the murders for a report.

Then there’s all the 3rd party evidence that was missing, “deleted”,or they claim to have never collected, and the defense has in turn gone out and collected from retired LE officers or random people in the world who retained a copy of the evidence they gave to the police that the police deleted. All MOO

You said it much better than I did!

Maybe we're not talking about the same thing. I'm talking about the fact that ALL interview videos were lost. Not just one. Did I misunderstand? Were we talking about one specific video (and if so, whose)? I'm doing ten things at once right now and may have misunderstood.

IMO MOO
Ah, sorry. I thought you were referring to the BH interview in particular, since that's been the main issue brought up by the defense and was what had been discussed prior upthread. I do agree that it's bad form for a swath of interviews to have been recorded over, but it's not particularly clear what those interviews were or how relevant they were. The only interview the defense has brought up is the BH interview which seems to be pretty irrelevant to RA's guilt or innocence.

JMO

So my question for the masses as I don’t understand the logic behind it.

Why did the Defense go with Odinism when we know they don’t even believe it according to the latest podcasts. Why wouldn’t they go with a RL or somebody like KAK?

I still believe that would go over a lot better with a jury than a cult. Mooo

A few thoughts of mine that I toss around. Odinism, almost similar to the 'satanic panic' that many people feared in the 1980s. It got a lot of attention, people took notice to accusations of human sacrifice. It took focus away from Richard Allen, and that theory was looked at by some in LE at one time. The defense would not need to prove this theory, simply supply reasonable doubt to a jury. Fear, evil pagans vs helpful CVS worker.

As for KAK, I totally believe the defense wants to stay far, far away from him. Should this end up being a CSAM crime that would make a connection between Richard Allen and KAK/TK/AS. For me, it's very interesting the defense is not pointing the finger at A.S account.

RL, don't think RL would have caught the attention and or interest as evil pagans.

Just my honest opinion.

Ah, sorry. I thought you were referring to the BH interview in particular, since that's been the main issue brought up by the defense and was what had been discussed prior upthread. I do agree that it's bad form for a swath of interviews to have been recorded over, but it's not particularly clear what those interviews were or how relevant they were. The only interview the defense has brought up is the BH interview which seems to be pretty irrelevant to RA's guilt or innocence.

JMO

I'm way more concerned that ALL of them were lost.

It’s pretty irrelevant IMO. BH’s interview did not lead to RA’s arrest, nor is BH the one on trial. The defense is trying to point the finger at someone else without actually pointing the finger at someone else, and ultimately, complaining about a non-exculpatory video from 7 years ago isn’t going to magically develop an alibi for RA or explain away all of the evidence that points to him. The defense is going to wind up wasting so much time on Odinist stuff that they’re going to get caught unprepared for the actual trial.

JMO
Well, I can’t say how relevant or not it may have been as I didn’t witness it and the videos are not available for us to see. I would like to be able to rely on the investigators of the case to be honest about their investigation but, sadly, given concerns about whether the witnesses reported a tan or blue jacket or a muddy / bloody man - a discrepancy reported in the questionable Frank’s motion (#1), I wonder how trustworthy they are?

It’s hard to know what the jurors will be left wondering at the end of any possible trial and whether the lack of these videos may end up causing reasonable doubt in their minds.

Hopefully the case against RA is air tight and they have it nailed down so he can’t weasel out if he did it.

I think the first few days of interviews after the murders would be the most important to keep. MOO
at this point, I believe RA has some if not all the guilt for the crimes. But I would be curious to know: how many investigators believe that RA is the guy? How many don’t believe it? How many have accessed all the evidence and what side do they fall on?

Was there infighting? Were other possible suspects debated hotly?

Well, I can’t say how relevant or not it may have been as I didn’t witness it and the videos are not available for us to see. I would like to be able to rely on the investigators of the case to be honest about their investigation but, sadly, given concerns about whether the witnesses reported a tan or blue jacket or a muddy / bloody man - a discrepancy reported in the questionable Frank’s motion (#1), I wonder how trustworthy they are?

It’s hard to know what the jurors will be left wondering at the end of any possible trial and whether the lack of these videos may end up causing reasonable doubt in their minds.

Hopefully the case against RA is air tight and they have it nailed down so he can’t weasel out if he did it.
The lack of video probably won't be allowed to come up at trial, as it's a procedural issue and not something the jury would normally be made aware of. That's why things like hearsay are usually allowed in these types of motions - it's not ever intended to be viewed by the jury or used in the actual trial.

JMO

The lack of video probably won't be allowed to come up at trial, as it's a procedural issue and not something the jury would normally be made aware of. That's why things like hearsay are usually allowed in these types of motions - it's not ever intended to be viewed by the jury or used in the actual trial.

JMO

How convenient.

IMO MOO

I don't believe it is a popular opinion about all defense attorneys.

Just these circus clowns - R & B and their affiliates. JMO
Yes the ones that are willing to share discovery with randoms on SM, to get the word out, even though there's a gag order. The ones that actual discuss getting juror questionnaires and personal information so that yet again they can share it with randoms on SM so they can do deep dives for them into those potential jurors, private citizens. The same people who say confidently that they can alter, mess with any electronic information online of anybody, that people have no idea just how easy it is to do. The lawyers who are anything but ethical. That is all just my opinion right now...but maybe it will make it into print some day soon in much more detail. I can only hope.

During the trial, the role of the Prosecution is to prove the guilt of RA and they will do that by introducing evidence. Taped over interviews of other parties who were interviewed early on is neither going to convict him nor prove him not guilty. MOO

Well, not if they're not available, they won't be. Of course, they could be helpful for a SODDI defense, but we'll never know.

IMO MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back