Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #188

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Given how hard they seem to be straining for any 'out', I suspect they haven't asked for one because they know it wouldn't paint the picture they want.

MOO
Agreed, that's he's not incompetent, he was not insane when he committed the brutal murders, he was evil. His confessions will be admitted and seal his fate...if it goes to trial. MO

Will the confessions be discussed in the next hearings? I don't remember.
After reading the motion, in answer to your earlier question, The court will most likely address this at the hearings. That is unless the defense offers a 20-30 page response and doesn't offer that response until the 11th hour of the hearings. MO

A

I would have concerns about his fitness to do so given this is the same man who ate his disclosure, and smeared himself with fecal matter etc etc. I am unsure why anyone would think he is fit to instruct his attorneys really. But since it doesn’t appear that anyone in power has raised this concern or taken steps to override his right to instruct his counsel how he sees fit…. Then I guess the powers that be believe he is competent to do so?

Could the State have him found unfit to participate in his own defence? Or other concerned parties such as for instance his family?
We know by the June hearing RA was seeing health/mental health professionals at Westville and was competent enough to be present in Court on his Motion to Let Bail and Motion to Transfer hearings. He had a mini break down I guess from the date of the State discovery dump and his subsequent confessions to wife and mom April 3rd, and then began getting back to normal in time for the June 13th (14th?) hearing.

I don't believe I've ever heard or seen an actual link stating RA smeared himself and ate his poo from anyone except maybe from the prisoner RB, who refused to comply with the court order and come out of his cell to testify on RA's behalf.

Do you happen to know how that rumor came to be? Was it in a deposition by someone, the FM, or was it SM cranks?

JMO

Agreed, that's he's not incompetent, he was not insane when he committed the brutal murders, he was evil. His confessions will be admitted and seal his fate...if it goes to trial. MO

Right, RA was competent enough to hold down a Managers job at CVS, live an outwardly appearing normal family life, had a home that was paid for (so doing well with finances) played in pool tournaments and drank beer down at the local pub.

I'd say absolutely mentally competent, who knows what kind of monster on the inside. :eek:

MOO

We know by the June hearing RA was seeing health/mental health professionals at Westville and was competent enough to be present in Court on his Motion to Let Bail and Motion to Transfer hearings. He had a mini break down I guess from the date of the State discovery dump and his subsequent confessions to wife and mom April 3rd, and then began getting back to normal in time for the June 13th (14th?) hearing.

I don't believe I've ever heard or seen an actual link stating RA smeared himself and ate his poo from anyone except maybe from the prisoner RB, who refused to comply with the court order and come out of his cell to testify on RA's behalf.

Do you happen to know how that rumor came to be? Was it in a deposition by someone, the FM, or was it SM cranks?

JMO
‘In the defence’s filing over his prison confession, lawyers claim that Mr Allen became “delusional, paranoid and highly dysfunctional” following confinement with behaviours including “stripping off his clothes, drinking toilet water, covering himself with and eating his own faeces”.

And for those interested in learning more about where we first discussed it, here’s a link to my original post about it;
Post in thread 'Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #183'
Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #183

‘In the defence’s filing over his prison confession, lawyers claim that Mr Allen became “delusional, paranoid and highly dysfunctional” following confinement with behaviours including “stripping off his clothes, drinking toilet water, covering himself with and eating his own faeces”.

And for those interested in learning more about where we first discussed it, here’s a link to my original post about it;
Post in thread 'Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #183'
Thanks for that P4, I'd never seen it.

So R&B were stating this information in their filing. How would they know? Thank goodness that RA was being videotaped 24/7 during that time.

It will be curious to find out if they have actual proof or were going by RB statements? Who, coincidentally refused a court order to appear in Court and testify on behalf of RA. He wouldn't leave his cell.

This has been one rollercoaster of crazy for sure.

JMO

Well, on page two of the doc you linked to, it says the judge failed…. It also says she failed to rule by another date as well just below where I highlighted. I understand their filing again vs stopping work and filing their complaint to SCOIN nullified their motion. But the point to me is, JG has in fact erred by failing. To rule by the date she should.
It is a fact, not a judgment, that she failed to respond within the time frame.

SCION supplies the explanation. She didn't/couldn't because of the Defense's own (subsequent) motions.

IMO Judge Gull knew/knows what SCION knew/knows, that she's not required to respond to a motion when a new motion supplants it.

No different than if Counsel withdrew a motion (which is, in essence, what they did). Thirty days still expire. She didn't respond because a response wasn't warranted.

JMO

So R&B were stating this information in their filing. How would they know? Thank goodness that RA was being videotaped 24/7 during that time.

It will be curious to find out if they have actual proof or were going by RB statements? Who, coincidentally refused a court order to appear in Court and testify on behalf of RA. He wouldn't leave his cell.

This has been one rollercoaster of crazy for sure.

JMO
I notice that those statements are in quotes. If their prison mate is a credible witness for the State, why aren't they pursuing him? Asking for a zoom hearing? Or has their star witness recanted, refused to testify, incriminated himself and his credibility?

The Defense seems to have dropped him like an overbaked hot potato.

Prison cctv could clear this right up.

The Defense seems to be walking a delicate line -- imply that RA has gone mad (crazy mad, confessing like a runaway garden hose) but not so mad that an evaluation ought to be ordered.

Can't have it both ways.

JM(IseeU)O

It is a fact, not a judgment, that she failed to respond within the time frame.

SCION supplies the explanation. She didn't/couldn't because of the Defense's own (subsequent) motions.

IMO Judge Gull knew/knows what SCION knew/knows, that she's not required to respond to a motion when a new motion supplants it.

No different than if Counsel withdrew a motion (which is, in essence, what they did). Thirty days still expire. She didn't respond because a response wasn't warranted.

JMO
IMO none of those motions were intended for her consumption anyway.
They were repetitive ( and borderline fiction) and she didn’t want to give them any perceived validity by addressing them.
All my opinion.

Last edited:
Here we sit, approx 3 months away from the start of the trial and my guess is that the Defence is still nowhere near ready to go to trial.

I’m beginning to think that maybe, just maybe, they have no intention of preparing for trial.

They only way to get RA off was getting the SW thrown out, allowing the Odinist SODDI strategy, or getting Judge Gull thrown off the case and getting a more favourable judge and starting all over. And if none of that worked, now messing with the jury and hoping for a mistrial is the plan. But, now we know their intentions. They’ve tried all of that. It didn’t work and won’t work.

Let’s not be naive. The D has read the Discovery. They know what’s in it. These are desperate times which calls for desperate measures.

Maybe, just maybe, RA will plead guilty. Maybe the Discovery is so bad that there’s no way to really defend him thus all this fantasy and skullduggery.

I cannot fathom why, with all of these confessions, the D just doesn’t let RA plead guilty and end it all. The only thing I can come up with is that they have lost their way and twisted it around so badly that they made this about them and not about RA.

It makes no sense.

I’m beginning to think that we may actually see a Guilty plea.

MOO
I’m no expert, but don’t most guilty people, plead not guilty? They’re not going to give up a chance to be set free, kwim?

"Cold Case detectives at the Boone County Sheriff’s Office recently received a tip that there may be a connection between the 2017 Delphi, Indiana murders of two girls and the 2011 killings of Bill and Peggy Stephenson of Florence.

After investigating the tip, said cold case Det. Coy Cox, it was determined there was no connection."

LE in the Stephenson case also admitted they only mentioned the Delphi tip, which was a big nothing for their case, to get more eyes and attention on the Stephenson case. Nothing to see here.

Can Richard Allen’s attorneys bring that case up during his trial, you know, to cause reasonable doubt?
Theoretically, they could file a SODDI motion with thst case as basis for a new third-party defense. Same rules apply, however. They'd have to meet the criteria for such. IMO a hard do.

JMO

Yes, hopefully that will come up at hearing scheduled for next week. Judge Gull couldn't make any rulings until the Office of Administration of the SCOIA came back with their decision not to replace her IIRC.

There should be no reason R&B shouldn't be ready to go, unless they come up with another sly tactic for a continuance.

JMO

EBM: Added correct party

I don’t think R and B have done any actual work since they penned the highly acclaimed novel “The Frank’s Motion”, a favorite of three or four 8th grade teachers.

Opinion of course

JMO

At this point I think when things are actually revealed, at trial or change of plea hearing, we will find out that not just the FM is a fantasy but most of the details the defense is offering as fact….ain’t.

Opinion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back