Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #189

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cameras can move, swivel, zoom, change aspect ratio. We’ve seen cameras in courtrooms. Zoom court happened all throughout Covid. It’s not new or complicated.

I really wish we knew the real reason. If they can make it work in Canton, Massachusetts in that crowded, small courtroom, it could happen here.

IMO MOO

I really wish we knew the real reason. If they can make it work in Canton, Massachusetts in that crowded, small courtroom, it could happen here.

IMO MOO
I just went back to rewatch the Read trial re-rescheduling hearing to see if my eyes deceived me that the counsel tables were really in a single file line and I see no reason why they can broadcast that tiny court room and not this comparatively spacious one. I watched the letecia stauch trial on webcams and listened to the Lori vallow case with audio only ! There are absolutely solutions and it doesn’t need to be fancy.

IMO

IMO MOO
Do you think the judge is trying some type of sneaky conspiracy to convict an innocent man by keeping those cameras away so she can do some underhanded rulings? Hmmmm

Do you think the judge is trying some type of sneaky conspiracy to convict an innocent man by keeping those cameras away so she can do some underhanded rulings? Hmmmm
This wasn’t directed at me but I will say that when JG commented that she will no longer be communicating via email as her written words are then used to promote accountability in filings, that made me suspicious that the reason this judge ( who participated in a program in support of cameras in the court) would go against her prior public opinion regarding transparency in the courtroom in this case may be because she does not want the evidence or allegations of corrupt or incompetent law enforcement, prosecution, bad actors, etc to be widely broadcasted and easily consumable for the public, as that would cause the public to expect repercussions against these bad actors (including evidence of her own actions) like what we have just witnessed with the Karen Reid trial. Just my opinion of course.

Last edited:
Gee, the motion to vacate the safe-keeping order should have been a “no-brainer.” No need to “take under advisement” and waste more time. On second thought, that appears to be the problem, lol! :p
Ed:gr

Last edited:
One paragraph I found interesting was regarding the “confidence levels”. We heard about this in the 4th Franks back and forth regarding AT&T providing confidence levels on the live ping locations. This says that the 3 phones found within the 60-100m area would be given a confidence level, to suggest whether they were likely to be within that geo-area, close to, or 5,000 meters away like geo-expert Nick says because geofencing isn’t real. MOO

View attachment 521322
I'm not quite understanding what you're saying here. NM is stating exactly what's been said here... that there are points on the map, but those points don't depict the confidence interval. Just because the points are depicted as on the crime scene, does not mean that they were actually there... they could have been anywhere within the confidence interval. This image depicted in the US v Chatrie opinion demonstrates what is being explained quite well:

SCR-20240730-oidi.jpeg
The red ring is the geofence. The blue rings are the confidence intervals for each of the devices that could potentially be within the geofence. However, you can very clearly see that there are phones on the map that could have potentially been outside of the geofence because of the inaccuracy of the location data.

My take on the map provided to the defense is that there was a map with just the "points" on it, so something like the map above with only the blue icons and no confidence rings. The confidence information and time information is in a separate spreadsheet, as stated by NM. The defense only used the map to make their claim of phones within/near the crime scene, not taking the confidence intervals into account.

JMO

Attachments

• State’s Response to Third Motion for Franks Hearing.pdf
    152.6 KB · Views: 0
I’ve seen smaller courtrooms with cameras. She just doesn’t want cameras there because she doesn’t want to be transparent and the public to see how she acts towards the D. She has shown herself so blatantly biased but she’d prefer to keep that fact behind closed doors. JMHO
Is she also going to start and stop transcripts depending on how biased she's going to be? Not have them at all? Refuse to release them? Will she order journalists there to not report on her more biased decisions? Forbid them from taking notes or even remembering things?

Very interesting theory.

I'm not quite understanding what you're saying here. NM is stating exactly what's been said here... that there are points on the map, but those points don't depict the confidence interval. Just because the points are depicted as on the crime scene, does not mean that they were actually there... they could have been anywhere within the confidence interval. This image depicted in the US v Chatrie opinion demonstrates what is being explained quite well:

View attachment 521517
The red ring is the geofence. The blue rings are the confidence intervals for each of the devices that could potentially be within the geofence. However, you can very clearly see that there are phones on the map that could have potentially been outside of the geofence because of the inaccuracy of the location data.

My take on the map provided to the defense is that there was a map with just the "points" on it, so something like the map above with only the blue icons and no confidence rings. The confidence information and time information is in a separate spreadsheet, as stated by NM. The defense only used the map to make their claim of phones within/near the crime scene, not taking the confidence intervals into account.

JMO
I think we’re saying the same thing. The attorneys on both sides do not mention what the given “confidence levels” were for the 3 phones, so neither side would be capable of giving an estimation where the phones were actually located within the geofenced map. MOO

Is she also going to start and stop transcripts depending on how biased she's going to be? Not have them at all? Refuse to release them? Will she order journalists there to not report on her more biased decisions? Forbid them from taking notes or even remembering things?

Very interesting theory.
The huge cost of purchasing the transcripts would be a restriction to the common person. We have to wait for the lawyers or a big media corp to buy them first and then share them with the public.

The expectation that a normal person would sit down and read through hundreds of pages of transcripts is also a restriction.

Audio and video is by far more accessible for the common person if a court was committed to transparency in the court room.

MOO

I think we’re saying the same thing. The attorneys on both sides do not mention what the given “confidence levels” were for the 3 phones, so neither side would be capable of giving an estimation where the phones were actually located within the geofenced map. MOO
My interpretation of what NM said is that the confidence levels were contained in a companion spreadsheet. So they have the data, it just wasn't apparent from only looking at the map.

JMO

My interpretation of what NM said is that the confidence levels were contained in a companion spreadsheet. So they have the data, it just wasn't apparent from only looking at the map.

JMO

Speaking of confidence levels, I think we'd all rather hear from an actual expert about these things, not Nick McLeland, Andrew Baldwin, or Brad Rozzi.

IMO MOO

JMO
Oh I didn’t see anything about confidence levels in his response but the defense was able to finally figure out who did the map anyways so they should have all that info now hopefully.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7
Back