Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #189

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has anyone else read or heard about how his attorneys are going to try and say Odinist were responsible for this?! I had never even heard of Odinist until I just read an article stating they were going to try and use it in his trial. How ridiculous!!
It was a monkey wrench that turned into a monkey's paw IMO. The last 50+ threads have been on this topic at least once a day. This is the defense's theory based on an investigation done by 3 officers in another county. Long story short, it will likely be tossed from trial based on this week's hearings. IMO.

@MiniMoo you said, "Has anyone ever looked into this so called group and if they perform rituals that involve human sacrifices.
Needs to be ruled out somehow or proven if it can't be dropped."

Yes, lots of people have looked into it. Someone wanting to make the crime scene look ritualistic/Odinistic might not know they don't actually do human sacrifices (if they indeed don't...I've hardly done enough research to be an expert).

IMO MOO

I think the Odinistic side to it needs to be dropped unless they can prove that it is more than just an allegation.

This wasn't something I expected at all and on the Defense's part it is probably being used just to create doubts and that is all they need to do - create doubts.

For me though it isn't convincing at all as it has to be backed up by proof or whatever.

Has anyone ever looked into this so called group and if they perform rituals that involve human sacrifices.

Needs to be ruled out somehow or proven if it can't be dropped.
Yesterday an email was discussed between the FBI and Doug Carter (FEB17, I believe, within days of the murders) going into detail about investigating BH as a suspect, “use all resources” pagan rituals, the stick formations on the girls etc. involving the FBI BAU, etc. so it is confirmed to be “real” via LEs own communications days after the murders. IMO MOO

The document is filled with citing specific lines of a depositions, pages of a reports, giving specific sources for all their information so it seems incredibly unlikely that the allegations are simply made up out of nowhere.

They do give their own opinions and it is made very obvious to the reader what is fact or opinion.

I would expect Gull to bring down the hammer if she felt the defense were outright lying to her. I don’t see her letting that slide at all.

MOO
JG did bring down the hammer because of her percieved gross negligence by the D. She just didn't procedurally state it to the public like she should have with a hearing, trying to save the lawyers some public scrutiny. They lied to her in chambers. Being nice about it worked against her in the long run because of the lawyers involved lack of character. Lesson learned. AJMO

The point is this: Just like in any other job/professional work environment, if you hand over a bunch of digital documents to someone for them to do "their part," it's common courtesy to label it in a way for them to be able to do it efficiently.

If I have a client for whom I'm editing only 25 reports written by Dr. John Doe, and my client sends me 500 files labeled 1-500, I have to open 500 documents to find the reports by Dr. John Doe.

I'd wonder if my client was TRYING to make my job more difficult. Why wouldn't my client just label the documents "doe report," "smith report," and so on?

IMO MOO
But that is kind of a simplistic analogy. The prosecution is not expected to hand over something as simple as 25 reports by Dr Doe. They are required to hand over nearly EVERYTHING they have from the past several years of their ongoing investigation---from detective's notes, investigative logs, phone records, digital info, all interviews, videos, audios, photos, expert testimonies, expert's reports, email correspondence, inner office memos if relevant, ALL prior suspects info, etc etc....

AND it is said by legal experts that the state should hand over everything and anything that 'might' be relevant, just in case. So the state cannot be expected to sit down and label each and every item within 30T items of Discovery.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I think the Odinistic side to it needs to be dropped unless they can prove that it is more than just an allegation.

This wasn't something I expected at all and on the Defense's part it is probably being used just to create doubts and that is all they need to do - create doubts.

For me though it isn't convincing at all as it has to be backed up by proof or whatever.

Has anyone ever looked into this so called group and if they perform rituals that involve human sacrifices.

Needs to be ruled out somehow or proven if it can't be dropped.
I would suggest listening to the MS podcasts. They have in the past interview with some of the same religious affiliations.

But that is kind of a simplistic analogy. The prosecution is not expected to hand over something as simple as 25 reports by Dr Doe. They are required to hand over nearly EVERYTHING they have from the past several years of their ongoing investigation---from detective's notes, investigative logs, phone records, digital info, all interviews, videos, audios, photos, expert testimonies, expert's reports, email correspondence, inner office memos if relevant, ALL prior suspects info, etc etc....

AND it is said by legal experts that the state should hand over everything and anything that 'might' be relevant, just in case. So the state cannot be expected to sit down and label each and every item within 30T items of Discovery.

I get that. But how is Nick even going to find his own stuff if he's that....vague...about how he organizes and labels things? I guess we'll see during the trial if it becomes an issue (if even he can't find his own stuff).

IMO MOO

I imagine the discovery is being extracted from their database then thrown on hard drives. Probably several.
If they are pushing it over as is they aren't going to rename the files. When you drag and drop in windows it adds either a file number or a date in chronological order. MOO

I would suggest listening to the MS podcasts. They have in the past interview with some of the same religious affiliations.

Seen MS brought up on here before.

If they are anything like GH and a number of others on YouTube, as in opinionated, condescending, rude ... then maybe not.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

I would watch a documentary or if it was an interview between Odinists and a reporter/journalist/attorney.

Seen MS brought up on here before.

If they are anything like GH and a number of others on YouTube, as in opinionated, condescending, rude ... then maybe not.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

I would watch a documentary or if it was an interview between Odinists and a reporter/journalist/attorney.
I don't think they're any of those. Aine is a journalist and Kevin is a lawyer. They're pretty average and normal sounding people. MO

Did he have a wide variety of active cell phones? I assume he didn't have a CVS work phone. So why would a family man, working for CVS have more than one active cell phones to use on a walk?

I have no idea. That's why I was asking.

I'm not following. You don't think he should have shared it with his team members?

ETA: Oh...you mean it should not have been shared with the defense team? Why not? It SHOULD have been in Discovery, right?
Not necessarily. I don't think Discovery includes EVERY prior suspect that has already been dismissed.I thought it is everything relevant and exculpatory?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back