Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #190

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Possibly - seems she followed it all from the beginning so there are things there that the Prosecutors can work with to discredit her for sure if they want to go that way.

If he confessed as much as he did and he is indeed the perpetrator - there seem to be other witnesses including recordings, if permissable.

The Psychologist isn't the only one.
That is true but I believe it was probably a very detailed account RA gave to the doctor. It was document and so was her empathy for RA. That to me shows she has seen it all and her account could be a very important one. JMO

Brett and Alice talked about this ethical line in the Legal Briefs podcast I posted upthread.

Brett argued that at least as far as B&R go, they have the mandate to defend RA in any way they can. But as for the rest of them, they are outsiders to the case - so why are they promoting theories that are not true or lack any credible evidence? There are real victims here!

MOO.
They have a mandate yes but it doesn't include leaking protected discovery...how many times?...if you count the FMs too and now the Due Process Gang information? Some in that group even said they met with AB himself...with a gag order in place! Incredible. MO

I don’t think we can know without seeing the original tip. I think that transposing a street name as a last name is more likely a data entry error myself but it’s one of the unknowns. For me, the the tip is still valid, the information is all there. I’m so interested to hear the data evidence around RAs phones.
ETA I also think that the DD tip was taken prior to setup of current system so the error was made getting tip into “big” system.
MOO
I really thought we were past this in 2017 onwards but I guess a tip can fall through the cracks even now. Plus I still don’t understand their data collection and integration process.

We’re only human, however much we try. It’s not so important who made the mistake, just hoping this type of simple regexp-matching protocol of witness information I assumed was already in place will be implemented sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
I guess you can’t underestimate the importance of data collection.

Did you get info from a local or a junkie or a sex worker? It’s still data - just log it.

And the notion that he didn’t see anything. He was there. That is highly relevant information by any standard.

In fact, the population density in the immediate area is crucial in order to understand anything about the case.
I think very early on they were checking known sex offenders and such. Nobody wanted to think one of their own small community could have done this. It must have been someone from off the highway, even out of state, driving by and stopping. By the time the knowns were cleared/swabbed the billboards were already going up and expanding into many states. They thought it was an outsider. Tips were flooding in faster than they could manage making the situation akin to chaos. MO

I think that if the confessions are allowed, RA may plead guilty to being BG, so two of the murder counts.
Either he, or his wife and mother didn’t want them to hear the details of the actual murders on afternoon of day 3. As per MS day 3 recording they left before State’s blood expert to spare themselves. We have learned that wife and mother are extremely important to RA. If he says he is BG he can perhaps allow them to keep their belief that he didn’t do it, he’s been set up. I think in their minds they will be able to muddy the waters enough to assign victim status and move forward with that. They will keep that, he keeps them and they don’t have to confront the truth of what he did.
From what I have now heard I think the evidence is there, so RA has very little chance of being acquitted at trial. I don’t think he will want his family to see the absolute brutality of these crimes.
I’m intrigued that the theory of why RA wants to plead guilty, is to spare his wife and mother the gory details of what he did.

He’s already, with details, confessed to them what he did.

Pleading Guilty will not stop the train and we all clap our hands and move on.

Any change in plea will, just like BTK, require disclosure. I cannot fathom a world where the Prosecution would agree to a Guilty Plea without a caveat wherein RA stands up in court and details his horrific deeds. Nope can’t see it happen.

Theres more IMO. There’s more he doesn’t want known. Something more shameful. How could there be something worse than the brutal murder of 2 young teens?

He didn’t seem too distressed by all accounts when the blood spatter expert was testifying. Admittedly a bit agitated and uncomfortable but nothing extreme. Yes his wife and mother left but the details are everywhere. We all know now. So will they.

So really, either avenue will result in your dirty disgusting deeds being laid bare.

Make no mistake, this thinking is not to save his wife and mother from hearing the details. That’s unavoidable. It’s also not to save the families the torture of a trial. Ricky is not a good guy, finding God or not, his motivation is self serving.

What is lurking in the depths that RA doesn’t want known?

MOO

I’m intrigued that the theory of why RA wants to plead guilty, is to spare his wife and mother the gory details of what he did.

He’s already, with details, confessed to them what he did.

Pleading Guilty will not stop the train and we all clap our hands and move on.

Any change in plea will, just like BTK, require disclosure. I cannot fathom a world where the Prosecution would agree to a Guilty Plea without a caveat wherein RA stands up in court and details his horrific deeds. Nope can’t see it happen.

Theres more IMO. There’s more he doesn’t want known. Something more shameful. How could there be something worse than the brutal murder of 2 young teens?

He didn’t seem too distressed by all accounts when the blood spatter expert was testifying. Admittedly a bit agitated and uncomfortable but nothing extreme. Yes his wife and mother left but the details are everywhere. We all know now. So will they.

So really, either avenue will result in your dirty disgusting deeds being laid bare.

Make no mistake, this thinking is not to save his wife and mother from hearing the details. That’s unavoidable. It’s also not to save the families the torture of a trial. Ricky is not a good guy, finding God or not, his motivation is self serving.

What is lurking in the depths that RA doesn’t want known?

MOO
Very interesting, your train of thought here, as I've been somewhat on the same thought train of late.

There are things we know, then there are things we don't know, and then, there are things we don't even know we don't know :)

I've a suspicion the latter categories, those things we don't know etc., include facts known by the prosecution, by LE, that simply have never been shared with the public. Likely, in my estimation, a rather large swath of investigative avenues, associations, discoveries of things seemingly unrelated, but related, and other items unmasked in the past years of investigation(s) born of, and related to this case. Huge things. Some things we'll never hear of, investigations that went on a different path.....but more importantly, some things we WILL hear of, some time soon I suspect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back