Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #190

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I may be misremembering. I thought there was discussion early on that law enforcement went to stores around the area inquiring about customers who recently purchased knives. It made me think the murder weapon was unique or a very specific type of knife. A box cutter doesn’t really jive with that. That may have just been a rumor though.

I may be misremembering. I thought there was discussion early on that law enforcement went to stores around the area inquiring about customers who recently purchased knives. It made me think the murder weapon was unique or a very specific type of knife. A box cutter doesn’t really jive with that. That may have just been a rumor though.

A box cutter with a serrated blade im guessing would make it more unique?!

I remember what you’re talking about and I thought the same as you.

I’d never heard of a serrated box cutter blade before so I wondered if it was a certain industry that would use this style? The google suggestion for this is roofing, ropes and carpet. I could see that a carpet layer could use it?

Is the idea that the killer was using this small boxcutter blade for the sawing of the limbs and ropes ? Or were there several tools involved and that’s where the idea of multiple participants came from?

The size of the tool would definitely affect the amount of time required for the preparation and staging.

It is interesting that we never heard this tool before in any of the search warrants or countless leaks. Makes you wonder what the autopsy actually says. If it’s inconclusive my head will explode, but with this new revelation, I’m half expecting it.

MOO

Unfortunately it seems to be difficult to come across any accurate summery of the examination of the state's digital expert.

I guess my problem with trying to read anything into this, is if the phone really was switched on at 4.30am by an unknown person - wouldn't the evidence of that be not only the tower handshake but also the phones own onboard logs?

Like if someone actually turned it off about 2.30pm when the girls were bundled into a waiting car, then switched it back on at the crime scene at 4.30am - those two events are surely logged, and then the investigation looks completely different from the first days.

So my feeling is, we can't simply say "data exchange at 4.30am" = "phone turned on" unless the logs support that idea.

As usual, we'll probably need to wait until trial.

MOO

I remember what you’re talking about and I thought the same as you.

I’d never heard of a serrated box cutter blade before so I wondered if it was a certain industry that would use this style? The google suggestion for this is roofing, ropes and carpet. I could see that a carpet layer could use it?

Is the idea that the killer was using this small boxcutter blade for the sawing of the limbs and ropes ? Or were there several tools involved and that’s where the idea of multiple participants came from?

The size of the tool would definitely affect the amount of time required for the preparation and staging.

It is interesting that we never heard this tool before in any of the search warrants or countless leaks. Makes you wonder what the autopsy actually says. If it’s inconclusive my head will explode, but with this new revelation, I’m half expecting it.

MOO
I never knew they made serrated blades for box cutters until now. Those blades are expensive; I've never seen them used. It's hard for me to imagine that CVS sprang for an expensive tool just to open boxes.

Who claims the phone magically powered back on?

It’s more likely where the crime happened the signal was extremely weak and at some point the phone got a stronger signal and that’s when the flood of message’s came in.

This makes a lot more sense than anything the defense has claimed. IMO MOO

Who claims the phone magically powered back on?

It’s more likely where the crime happened the signal was extremely weak and at some point the phone got a stronger signal and that’s when the flood of message’s came in.

This makes a lot more sense than anything the defense has claimed. IMO MOO

Agreed. Which is why I've been trying to find out exactly what the states expert said (i.e. evidence) vs what the defence attorney contended

MOO

Apologies, could someone share where the alleged murder weapon is stated or referred to by an approved source as having “serrated” or similar blade?

I see references to “edged” blades in the FBI search warrant for Ron Logan’s residence and in the list of items taken from Richard Allen’s home. That doesn’t mean “serrated” to me but I’m no weapons expert.

I certainly could have missed something over the past many years. Thank you in advance!

JMO IMO ETC

Edited for typo

Last edited:
Agreed. Which is why I've been trying to find out exactly what the states expert said (i.e. evidence) vs what the defence attorney contended

MOO
The states expert Cecil (sp?) was witness who gave the testimony regarding the cell phone data.

Apologies, could someone share where the alleged murder weapon is stated or referred to by an approved source as having “serrated” or similat blade?

I see references to “edged” blades in the FBI search warrant for Ron Logan’s residence and in the list of items taken from Richard Allen’s home. That doesn’t mean “serrated” to me but I’m no weapons expert.

I certainly could have missed something over the past many years. Thank you in advance!

JMO IMO ETC
The information came out through the cross examination of the defense SME witness.

I may be misremembering. I thought there was discussion early on that law enforcement went to stores around the area inquiring about customers who recently purchased knives.
Are you thinking about Moscow? I don't recall that happening in Delphi, but "early on" was over 7 years ago at this point so I may have forgotten.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21
Back