Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #191

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes it’s like we playing cat and mouse here. We have all been discussing this for a week and a half.

So some may choice to disregard the facts but it doesn’t change that’s what happened during the 3 day hearings.

IMHO

It’s as if the 3-day hearings didn’t happen. And anybody who reported on them can’t be trusted.

Quite a well written article far beyond that of the typical Sun’s standards.

Cain and Greenlee said they have genuine concerns about whether or not Richard Allen even wants to go to trial, considering the evidence they heard last week.

Summarising their thoughts, Cain said: "I believe it's possible that he confessed a lot and then turned around and said, 'You know what? I still want my family to love me, so I will continue to profess my innocence to achieve that because that's the most important thing right now.'

"I think that's highly possible, but if there's any possibility this man has been dragged through this process because others want him to go through the process when he doesn't, that's an absolute travesty and his wishes are being violated.

"And given that his defense team has not filed anything about his competency, we have to imagine they believe him competent.

"So if he's competent, he should be allowed to say, 'Here's what I want to do' – and I sincerely hope his wishes are being heard and followed."

Allen's legal team has not yet responded to a request for comment.
MOO

Actually, it's off to a bad start with it's lead (thanks to MS); how does this media source its information?
A whole bunch of this article comes from MS; who else?

Does anyone have any verifiable info about RA snubbing a plea deal?

TRIAL TWIST Delphi ‘killer’ Richard Allen snubbing plea deal to ‘avoid disappointing family’ despite confessing to murders 61 times

Last edited:
Yes it’s like we playing cat and mouse here. We have all been discussing this for a week and a half.

So some may choose to disregard the facts but it doesn’t change that’s what happened during the 3 day hearings.

IMHO
Maybe that's because some "facts" aren't really facts.

Blood spatter experts, for instance. Just because one expert arrives at an opinion does not make it a fact.

Bullet mark expert opinions aren't fact, either.
What other opinions do we take as fact?

MOO

Actually, it's off to a bad start with it's lead (thanks to MS); how does this media source its information?

TRIAL TWIST Delphi ‘killer’ Richard Allen snubbing plea deal to ‘avoid disappointing family’ despite confessing to murders 61 times

I don't put much stock into this news source. I've noticed other people related to this case doing "story packages" with The Sun before. I'm not saying that right, but I mean like 2-3 stories in a row with the same person/interviewee, as if there was some sort of contract.

IMO MOO

I don't put much stock into this news source. I've noticed other people related to this case doing "story packages" with The Sun before. I'm not saying that right, but I mean like 2-3 stories in a row with the same person/interviewee, as if there was some sort of contract.

IMO MOO
Thanks for the info.

I didn't know how The Sun (and others) got their US info.
I wonder how much money can be made in selling a story to them.

MOO

Did you notice any reports in the media that contradict MS’s conclusions?

Thanks for the info.

I didn't know how The Sun (and others) got their US info.
I wonder how much money can be made in selling a story to them.

If the 3- day hearing had been favorable to the defense, would you have expected news reports to be silent and non-transparent? So it happens but it was anything but, even the testimony of defence witnesses was lacking in favor of the D.

How much money did the D collect from the public, what did they do to deserve that? MS gave up 3 days of their life to sit through the hearings, as did various media reporters who get paid by the company they work for.

MOO

Maybe that's because some "facts" aren't really facts.

Blood spatter experts, for instance. Just because one expert arrives at an opinion does not make it a fact.

Bullet mark expert opinions aren't fact, either.
What other opinions do we take as fact?

Well it’s a fact he is the only man accused of killing these precious girls.

If the 3- day hearing had been favorable to the defense, would you have expected news reports to be silent and non-transparent? So it happens but it was anything but, even the testimony of defence witnesses was lacking in favor of the D.

How much money did the D collect from the public, what did they do to deserve that? MS gave up 3 days of their life to sit through the hearings, as did various media reporters who get paid by the company they work for.

MOO

I don't think the hearings were unfavorable to the defense. I expect Judge Gull to rule the defense team can bring in their SODDI defense. I'm not sure what the legal basis would be for her not allowing it. Even one of the victim's own grandmother's mind "almost immediately" went in that direction. It was never a theory pulled out of left field, IMO.

I expect she will also allow most, if not all, of the "confessions" in.

ETA: Alternatively, I could also see her not allowing either in - the SODDI stuff and any of the "confessions" and make them prove their case based solely on the timeline, witness statements, and the quasi-science of bullet markings. But I base that opinion/theory on what I think she may want to do, not on whether or not it would be within the confines of the law.

IMO MOO

Last edited:
It’s as if the 3-day hearings didn’t happen. And anybody who reported on them can’t be trusted.
Imagine if JG had opted in favour of total transparency and had allowed cameras into the courtroom?? But of course, she didn’t. And for whatever (unknown) reason, she also didn’t allow electronic recordings to be created. So instead of having the option to decide for ourselves what we think of witness testimony etc, or whether or not RA “glared at” someone in the courtroom etc… we’re left waiting for those who were able to attend and sit in the very limited seating to report on what they saw / heard / felt. We’re left waiting on official transcripts.

I’ve seen some great things posted by sources that are not approved here, so of course, I can’t discuss them or link to them. I’m not sure how to get a source approved, or what makes them “reliable” in the minds of the admin / mods? I’m reporting on my own post to see if a mod can offer any insight on this matter?

Could anyone point me to where I can find where it was said that the trip to Georgia was fruitless and the defense attorneys returned empty handed? I've seen it stated that's what happened, but haven't seen/heard that with my own eyes.

1723392197720.png

Imagine if JG had opted in favour of total transparency and had allowed cameras into the courtroom?? But of course, she didn’t. And for whatever (unknown) reason, she also didn’t allow electronic recordings to be created. So instead of having the option to decide for ourselves what we think of witness testimony etc, or whether or not RA “glared at” someone in the courtroom etc… we’re left waiting for those who were able to attend and sit in the very limited seating to report on what they saw / heard / felt. We’re left waiting on official transcripts.

I’ve seen some great things posted by sources that are not approved here, so of course, I can’t discuss them or link to them. I’m not sure how to get a source approved, or what makes them “reliable” in the minds of the admin / mods? I’m reporting on my own post to see if a mod can offer any insight on this matter?

Limited seating is right.

Approximately 39 seats are available after what is reserved for the families and who needs to be there.

39!!!

With no video cameras or anything permitted to record can you imagine what the trial transcripts are going to cost to have transcribed and that could be thousands of pages.

Limited seating is right.

Approximately 39 seats are available after what is reserved for the families and who needs to be there.

39!!!

With no video cameras or anything permitted to record can you imagine what the trial transcripts are going to cost to have transcribed and that could be thousands of pages.
IMO if a judge won’t allow camera or electronic recording then the transcripts should be posted online, free for anyone who wants to view them. My view is the taxpayers have already paid more than enough for this trial and will pay more yet as it inches towards resolution.

Do you follow the news at all? Because it’s certainly not possible to be present at every situation, crisis, celebration or catastrophe that occurs in the world, let alone in the same city which we live. If one doesn’t experience it first hand, then the news reports might be untrue? Or does this only apply to RA, the unluckiest man alive today? What’s so powerful about an ex-CVS employee that he’d be chosen as such an unlikely target? MOO

IMO if a judge won’t allow camera or electronic recording then the transcripts should be posted online, free for anyone who wants to view them. My view is the taxpayers have already paid more than enough for this trial and will pay more yet as it inches towards resolution.
Absolutely. I'm always surprised when people find this lack of transparency acceptable.

IMO MOO

Last edited:
Do you follow the news at all? Because it’s certainly not possible to be present at every situation, crisis, celebration or catastrophe that occurs in the world, let alone in the same city which we live. If one doesn’t experience it first hand, then the news reports might be untrue? Or does this only apply to RA, the unluckiest man alive today? What’s so powerful about an ex-CVS employee that he’d be chosen as such an unlikely target? MOO

I don't rely on MSM for reporting anything with complete accuracy. I'm not even talking about this case. I want to see and hear it with my own eyes (or, if that can't happen, get the information from several sources, preferably unbiased, and come to my own conclusions). This is 2024, after all. Not 1950. We have the technology to be more informed consumers of world news and events.

IMO MOO

Agreed.

Also, automatically transcribed rather than only doing it if requested.

Do you know of a specific item in the franks that has been proven to be debunked, incorrect or false ?

Yes.
There was no Fehu written in blood.

There was never a threat to "kill RAs family"

Those are the first things that came to mind.

I am sure that there are more, many more.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back