Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #191

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can a prosecutor sit on damning evidence (like RA’s phone data) UNTIL TRIAL, if it shows he was there between 1:30 - 3:30?

I am certain they can’t sit on it if it were exculpatory - Brady Rule violation. Case would likely get dismissed, and prosecutor could get sanctioned - as happened in the Morphew case.

I am concerned about the validity of what is being alleged here.

jmo

If phone data doesn't support that, that's on the prosecution. It's like he could have confessed to shooting the girls, which if they weren't shot, that's on the prosecution. People do make false statements intentionally or accidentally, give false confessions, etc. Someone can say "That was me!" and that doesn't just settle it. If the phone data doesn't support him being on there, that then raises a number of issues. I don't exactly think he's innocent, but like others could be involved and you want to be sure you get all the murderers. He for instance could be guilty of felony murder but not murder itself with the phone data calling into question that he committed the actual murders, so he could get off because the prosecution's case was incorrect...there could have been a child molestor conspiracy with him a part of it where his defense is able to convince a jury there was a murder conspiracy so he gets off that way.

They have more than phone data they have the video and eye witnesses. His Gun Bullet under the girls bodies which was cycled though his gun chamber. His car seen on video if i remember correctly.

Also not forgetting his 60 plus confession some which contained information only the killer would know about the crime scene.

MOO

Find A Person
1 match found for "john Galipeau"
Title: Warden
Agency: Department of Correction
Address: 2407 N 500 W
La Porte County, La Porte, IN 46350
Email: jgalipeau@idoc.in.gov
Desk Phone: 219-326-1188

[note the address is that of the Westville Juvenile Correctional facility. Whether he is warden over all the Westville facilities or currently only over the juvenile facilities is unknown to me. Nor do I care. He was only relevant to me for the testimony he offered during this recent hearing.]

Find A Person
1 match found for "john Galipeau"
Title: Warden
Agency: Department of Correction
Address: 2407 N 500 W
La Porte County, La Porte, IN 46350
Email: jgalipeau@idoc.in.gov
Desk Phone: 219-326-1188

[note the address is that of the Westville Juvenile Correctional facility. Whether he is warden over all the Westville facilities or currently only over the juvenile facilities is unknown to me. Nor do I care. He was only relevant to me for the testimony he offered during this recent hearing.]
Thank you. I was just about to post that myself.

Can a prosecutor sit on damning evidence (like RA’s phone data) UNTIL TRIAL, if it shows he was there between 1:30 - 3:30?

I am certain they can’t sit on it if it were exculpatory - Brady Rule violation. Case would likely get dismissed, and prosecutor could get sanctioned - as happened in the Morphew case.

I am concerned about the validity of what is being alleged here.

jmo

Of course they can't.

That is why it's so weird how the defence never brought it up.

MOO

Westville Correctional Facility has its own Facebook page and it's pretty active too! Anyway, there's a post from May 8th that refers to "Warden Smiley" taking part in a flag raising ceremony for Correctional Professionals Week, as decreed by the Indiana governor. IDOC Westville Correctional Facility

I was hoping to see on the page some kind of recognition post if Warden Galipeau had left, but I just haven't scrolled far enough yet.

Westville Correctional Facility has its own Facebook page and it's pretty active too! Anyway, there's a post from May 8th that refers to "Warden Smiley" taking part in a flag raising ceremony for Correctional Professionals Week, as decreed by the Indiana governor. IDOC Westville Correctional Facility

I was hoping to see on the page some kind of recognition post if Warden Galipeau had left, but I just haven't scrolled far enough yet.
Thanks for looking.
Searching the local media, I haven't found anything at all that he left. Or that he was promoted.
I'm just puzzled at the MSM calling him "former."

LaPorte Juvenile Correctional Facility

Jason Smiley

Jason Smiley, Warden
(219) 326-1188
jasmiley@idoc.in.gov

Responding to GrannyGates’ post that said:

“I am wondering if the cellphone data for RA says he was elsewhere or was inconclusive and that is why the prosecution isn’t using it and also why the prosecution is planting this (unsubstantiated) argument early about the unreliability of GPS, ping and cell data, which contradicts the actual experts and their reports. MOO”
———————————-
I don’t know where RA’s cellphone was, but I know where RA was. He was on the Monon High Bridge standing on the first platform a few minutes before Libby and Abby reached the bridge. I know that because RA himself said he was and a witness saw him there.
I doubt RA even had his phone with him. Why else would he so easily hand it over to the CO in 2017.
I don’t think RA’s phone information matters at all.
RA is still on that bridge. He put himself there and nobody can get him off.

My opinion

“I am wondering if the cellphone data for RA says he was elsewhere or was inconclusive and that is why the prosecution isn’t using it and also why the prosecution is planting this (unsubstantiated) argument early about the unreliability of GPS, ping and cell data, which contradicts the actual experts and their reports. MOO”
———————————-
I don’t know where RA’s cellphone was, but I know where RA was. He was on the Monon High Bridge standing on the first platform a few minutes before Libby and Abby reached the bridge. I know that because RA himself said he was and a witness saw him there.
I doubt RA even had his phone with him. Why else would he so easily hand it over to the CO in 2017.

My opinion

Well said :)

None of these people can be placed at the crime scene unlike dear old Rick.

Moo

Another difference, other than Rick, the confessions were received by LE as a tip from another party who claimed to have heard the confession. Considering the fairly substantial reward, IMO it goes without saying LE is going to get a few tips from people just trying to cash in…so-and-so said he did it. But then when LE contacts them the confession is denied and the investigation ends up going nowhere. LE are not going to charge a person when nothing connects the suspect with the crime.

IMO these types of “confession” aren’t even false confessions because they’re unproven to have occurred. If LE doubts the integrity of the tipster who accused, they are not going to hold a PC to announce it. Meanwhile the D is assuming these unproven confessions are significant just to suit their desperate agenda of washing out RA’s 61 confessions. It’s apples and oranges, I don’t think it’s going to work.

RA is a different story. He’d already been charged at the time he confessed multiple times. His confessions were not “he said so” - they exist with proof as they were recorded. In my opinion they represent a consensus that he agrees with the charges he is facing. I could be wrong but I strongly suspect the Judge will allow them to become trial evidence. JMO

It’s a head scratcher how they spent $12,600 to retrieve the a print out of a screen shot from an individual in from Georgia and still came back empty handed.
Wouldn’t email been more efficient and perhaps contained some of the data?
IMO to spend that amount of money on a road trip is intentionally frivolous.

AMO
Link to The Murder Sheet episode where they discuss defense expense brought up in court.

The Delphi Murders: Three Days of Pretrial Hearings: Day One

If they can request reimbursement for this $12,600 expense they should be required to disclose what it was that they expected to collect… what didn’t exist. Seems the word is ‘snookered’ once again. MOO

———————————-

My opinion
BUT he also said he was checking his stock tracker or something like that on his phone. So if he was there and that was him as he said, then he should have had his phone or how else would he be watching his phone?? If his phone wasn't there, that also puts him in a pickle because why lie about that? Why not have your phone when you are out for a walk. No real reason to leave it at home and if you have said you were on it doing a specific thing, then it sure is suspicious then if it wasn't in the area of MHB at all that day. That would tell me maybe some other phone he didn't turn over was there that day or he just lied and for what reason would he lie? It all looks bad for him.

BUT he also said he was checking his stock tracker or something like that on his phone. So if he was there and that was him as he said, then he should have had his phone or how else would he be watching his phone?? If his phone wasn't there, that also puts him in a pickle because why lie about that? Why not have your phone when you are out for a walk. No real reason to leave it at home and if you have said you were on it doing a specific thing, then it sure is suspicious then if it wasn't in the area of MHB at all that day. That would tell me maybe some other phone he didn't turn over was there that day or he just lied and for what reason would he lie? It all looks bad for him.
Exactly

What's this? Promoted, transferred, quit, fired or error in reporting?

Former Westville warden’s testimony

The defense said the overall psychological environment at Westville Correctional Facility led Allen to say things he otherwise wouldn’t have.

John Galipeau,
who was warden at Westville when Allen was there, ...

Also, the DT going against Wala and no photo proof from FB.

Those Facebook posts that were allegedly posted by BH in 2012 according to defense during day 1 of the hearings.
Which means that he posted them 5 years before the murders.
So IMO the posts didn’t mimic the crime scene. The crime mimicked the post.
If BH had a public Facebook profile then anyone could have seen that post, including RA IMO.
This is covered by The Murder Sheet summary of day one of trials.
Here is the link:

The Delphi Murders: Three Days of Pretrial Hearings: Day One

Has it ever been investigated as to whether or not RA knew BH personally?

I would like to know how long BH has been a practising Odinist because in 2012 he may still have been a Christian.

Just a thought….very interesting the D didn’t call co-prisoner and letter-writer RB as a witness to testify about RA’s alleged torture at Westville during the recent hearings. Suddenly what he has to say or doesn’t want to say is insignificant, only important enough to have threatened calling the Judge as a trial witness regarding a prior hearing that he refused to attend.

Another example of the D’s dramatic huffing and puffing that amounts to nothing.

MOO and JMO

What's this? Promoted, transferred, quit, fired or error in reporting?

Former Westville warden’s testimony

The defense said the overall psychological environment at Westville Correctional Facility led Allen to say things he otherwise wouldn’t have.

John Galipeau,
who was warden at Westville when Allen was there, ...

I wonder if JP was transferred to another Indiana prison? When he worked at Westville prison it was classed as maximum security. But later iirc it was reported reno’s had occurred along with some shuffling around of prisoners and now I notice it’s rated Minimum-Medium.

ETA - Very late to the party on this reply!

Has it ever been investigated as to whether or not RA knew BH personally?

I would like to know how long BH has been a practising Odinist because in 2012 he may still have been a Christian.

He isn't an Odinist.
He belonged to a group called the Vinlanders.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammy58
Back