Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #191

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not sure that huge number has actually been verified, but we did hear from a prison psychologist about his seriously deteriorated mental state due to the psychological torture he was experiencing, as a presumed innocent man.

The jurors will see this and it will matter.

IMO MOO
Didn't that same psychologist also write in her notes that she thought he might be faking his psyche problems?
The jurors will see that and it will matter, imo.

<modsnip>

But in my opinion, I need proof beyond what you have listed. None of those items prove to me that RA was involved or even on the trails after 1:30.
What about RA saying he was there until 3:30? He initiated the report, he came forward. Then 6 years later he changes his story, convenient. MO

Serious mental illness”

A prison psychologist who met regularly with Allen testified that she also heard Allen confess to the murders. But Dr. Monica Wala said Allen’s mental health was “extremely poor, critical and deteriorating,” and that he suffered from stress-induced psychosis at the time he made his confessions.
She also testified there was “no doubt” he had serious mental illness around that time, evidenced by Allen’s attempts to “beat his head into the wall.” According to notes that Wala recorded in Allen’s medical chart:
March 23, 2023: Allen was depressed and withdrawn and said he “was not straight in the head."
April 4, 2023: Allen suffered from insomnia, hopelessness, was suicidal, and stated “death would bring relief to him."
April 13, 2023: Allen was exhibiting “bizarre” behavior, including consuming his own feces, and was suffering from a “grave disability.” The prison psychologist ordered Allen receive an involuntary injection of psychotropic medication.
April 21, 2023: Allen’s thoughts were disjointed and he was saying “strange things.” Wala discussed that he might be considered incompetent to stand trial.
May 3, 2023: Allen said he wanted to confess details of the crime.
May 18, 2023: Allen receives another dose of psychotropic medication.
May 23, 2023: Allen diagnosed as suffering from stress-induced psychosis.
June 8, 2023: Allen’s depression “at its peak,” noted trembling, knees buckling.

June 16, 2023: Allen receives another dose of psychotropic medication.
Late June, 2023: Allen’s mental health improving.
October 2023: Allen was proclaiming his innocence.

Lawyer Lee also did a video regarding the above article and gave more of a legal-focused approach to the events. She’s has a neutral reporting so is a good source for explaining the legal aspect of the case.

I appreciate the author giving as much detail as possible. A person definitely can’t pick it all up in handwriting notes. IMO The comment re:feigning was regarding a specific event but we’ll have to wait for transcripts for that because I don’t think an approved source has published an accurate story about that yet. I’ll share if I find one.

MOO

Serious mental illness”

A prison psychologist who met regularly with Allen testified that she also heard Allen confess to the murders. But Dr. Monica Wala said Allen’s mental health was “extremely poor, critical and deteriorating,” and that he suffered from stress-induced psychosis at the time he made his confessions.
She also testified there was “no doubt” he had serious mental illness around that time, evidenced by Allen’s attempts to “beat his head into the wall.” According to notes that Wala recorded in Allen’s medical chart:
March 23, 2023: Allen was depressed and withdrawn and said he “was not straight in the head."
April 4, 2023: Allen suffered from insomnia, hopelessness, was suicidal, and stated “death would bring relief to him."
April 13, 2023: Allen was exhibiting “bizarre” behavior, including consuming his own feces, and was suffering from a “grave disability.” The prison psychologist ordered Allen receive an involuntary injection of psychotropic medication.
April 21, 2023: Allen’s thoughts were disjointed and he was saying “strange things.” Wala discussed that he might be considered incompetent to stand trial.
June 8, 2023: Allen’s depression “at its peak,” noted trembling, knees buckling.

Lawyer Lee also did a video regarding the above article and gave more of a legal-focused approach to the events. She’s has a neutral reporting so is a good source for explaining the legal aspect of the case.

I appreciate the author giving as much detail as possible. A person definitely can’t pick it all up in handwriting notes. IMO The comment re:feigning was regarding a specific event but we’ll have to wait for transcripts for that because I don’t think an approved source has published an accurate story about that yet. I’ll share if I find one.

MOO
But you left out all the testimony of the police officer who listened to every one of RA's confessions. Dr. W didn't. She also said there were times she thought RA was (paraphrasing) putting on a show and just acting psychotic. Others at the prison also noticed that, MO

What about RA saying he was there until 3:30? He initiated the report, he came forward. Then 6 years later he changes his story, convenient. MO

IMO, we don't know that he said that because DD "lost the recording." We have no idea how the questioned as posed to him. We've gone over this myriad times. How are we to know that the question wasn't, "were you at the trails any time between 1:30 and 3:30" and he said yes?

Did DD's report say that "RA said he was on the trails from precisely 1:30 to precisely 3:30?" I don't think so.

MOO IMO

But you left out all the testimony of the police officer who listened to every one of RA's confessions. Dr. W didn't. She also said there were times she thought RA was (paraphrasing) putting on a show and just acting psychotic. Others at the prison also noticed that, MO

Oh man, we need these transcripts! (ETA: How do we know, just by MS's one-sided reporting on it, that she didn't say, "There were times I thought RA was faking....but then I realized he definitely wasn't?")

IMO, we don't know that he said that because DD "lost the recording." We have no idea how the questioned as posed to him. We've gone over this myriad times. How are we to know that the question wasn't, "were you at the trails any time between 1:30 and 3:30" and he said yes?

Did DD's report say that "RA said he was on the trails from precisely 1:30 to precisely 3:30?" I don't think so.

MOO IMO
Where was it said DD lost a recording? IIRC it was said he didn't think he recorded it at all. MO We will know everything about that interview when DD testifies. Also MO

Serious mental illness”

MOO

She [Wala] also said Allen met the criteria of having a serious mental illness, a designation that would've placed a 30-day limit to his solitary confinement. Wala, however, also expressed doubts about Allen's honesty.

Diener, the prosecutor, referred to Wala's notes in which she seemed to question whether Allen was purposefully behaving bizarrely. Wala acknowledged there were times she was not certain whether Allen was legitimately going through a mental health crisis or feigning psychotic behavior.

Harshman, the Indiana State Police detective, testified prison guards assigned to keep an eye on Allen when he was on suicide watch did not believe his symptoms were real.

Further, Dr. Wala also expressed concerns that Allen may have been faking some of his psychotic symptoms.

Diener pointed to Wala's notes in which the doctor seemed to question whether Allen was purposefully behaving bizarrely.

Wala acknowledged there were times she was not certain whether Allen was legitimately going through a mental health crisis or feigning psychotic behavior.

Detective Harshman also testified that prison guards assigned to keep an eye on Allen when he was on suicide watch did not believe his symptoms were real.

"Yes, they believe he was faking," Harshman said.

pg 109. This document contains a lot of information on the case so theres a magnifying glass to search if you want to search any other topics.

The writing style is painful to read, like fingernails on a chalkboard.

So how does RA come to recollect noon to 1:30pm? He’s had almost six years to think about it. I hope he was asked, his answer might be interesting.

I was sharing the notes from the Doctors testimony regarding her patient notes. Unless the police officer or the guards are also psychologists or doctors (they aren’t) I don’t care about their uneducated opinions on an actual doctors medical diagnoses. None of these guards or cops are qualified to give any sort of expert opinion on any medical condition.

I made mention at the end of my comment that the feigning remark was IMO regarding some specific events and that I would try to find a news article that discussed it. That might be a “wait for the transcript” thing as it’s hard to catch it all handwriting notes.

MOO

Last edited:
I was sharing the notes from the Doctors testimony regarding her patient notes. Unless the police officer or the guards are also psychologists or doctors (they aren’t) I don’t care about their uneducated opinions on an actual doctors medical diagnoses. None of these guards or cops are qualified to give any sort of expert opinion on any medical condition.

I made mention at the end of my comment that the feigning remark was regarding some specific events and that I would try to find a news article that discussed it. That might be a “wait for the transcript” thing as it’s hard to catch it all handwriting notes.

MOO
I can't wait for the transcripts, hope it's not too much longer.

Where was it said DD lost a recording? IIRC it was said he didn't think he recorded it at all. MO We will know everything about that interview when DD testifies. Also MO
Pg 132 of the franks :

In this report, DNR Dan wrote the
following: “I checked my audio recordings and cannot find one for him. I will keep looking because I am sure I recorded every interaction I had related to my assigned leads”

Also can be confirmed through the exhibit page item 124

Where was that information? If it was the FMs you need not reply. I take nothing in that as fact, just my prerogative as I don't trust the DT to tell the truth. Once burned, twice shy.
You said he said he didn’t record it at all. Where did that information come from? I thought it was in the Franks memo.

Serious mental illness”

MOO
People with mental illness kill and confess. The main demographic of murderers is that they mainly men. Then men in categories.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back