Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #191

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ahhh, the saint-like defense attorneys that file misleading motions, ignore their client who confessed over 60 times, and charge the state of Indiana $12,000 for a quick trip to Georgia to pick up a single photo that could have been FedExed or emailed to them.

Maybe they wanted to talk to the guy in Georgia face to face. I doubt the trip was only about "picking up a single photo."

IMO MOO

An accused murderer, who confesses, to include details of the murders that only the murderer would know....yeah, we should believe him.

Solitary confinement, this man RA, he wasn't in solitary confinement, and if he was, it wasn't for long. I suspect the term 'solitary confinement' has been thrown out there to attempt to appeal to emotion, sway opinion, and seems to have worked in some cases.

If it's been typed by me, and this little ditty has, then it's surely my opinion :)

Maybe they wanted to talk to the guy in Georgia face to face. I doubt the trip was only about "picking up a single photo."

IMO MOO

The cost is indeed steep - I don't feel it can be justified.

From what I understand though there may have been more than one person that went to Georgia and in regards to the photo there was actually a technical side to it - like proving it was the real deal and proper authentication being done.

Not sure how or who by, but apparently it wasn't as simple as just picking up a photo.

RA has confessed over 60 times and made multitudes of incriminating statements. Before he did that, he put himself on the bridge, in the area, at the time of the murders wearing the same clothes as BG (before BG's photo was released IIRC), who police have stated is the killer of Abby and Libby. Should we not believe him? MO
No. We shouldn’t believe the confessions just yet. But we can believe he was at the bridge as he says imo.

I agree. But only if the confession(s) came before he read the Discovery. If after....nope.

IMO MOO
For me, before that, even. How much about the crime scene was released to the public before he was arrested? He probably already knew those details.

I'd like to know how much LE told him in the interrogations. Holeman told him a number of things listed in this document.

ISP had him for a while before he was taken to Delphi. It was said he wasn't cooperating but that doesn't mean they weren't talking at him.

Ahhh, the saint-like defense attorneys that file misleading motions, ignore their client who confessed over 60 times, and charge the state of Indiana $12,000 for a quick trip to Georgia to pick up a single photo that could have been FedExed or emailed to them.
The picture in Georgia was submitted to law enforcement and then went “missing”. It makes sense if a lawyer would want to meet with and depose the person who submitted exculpatory evidence that went “missing”, about the details of their discussions with LE and submission of evidence. If whoever didn’t “lose” it, no one would have had to go to Georgia.

Allegations of destruction of exculpatory evidence are a big deal and should be taken seriously. According to this document, it’s the number one issue faced by Innocence Project attorneys.

MOO

Last edited:
An accused murderer, who confesses, to include details of the murders that only the murderer would know....yeah, we should believe him.

Solitary confinement, this man RA, he wasn't in solitary confinement, and if he was, it wasn't for long. I suspect the term 'solitary confinement' has been thrown out there to attempt to appeal to emotion, sway opinion, and seems to have worked in some cases.

If it's been typed by me, and this little ditty has, then it's surely my opinion :)
The name of the housing section would be either restrictive housing or administrative segregation. I think people are misunderstanding an older term “solitary confinement” and somehow thinking it’s different. They’re all synonyms for the same thing and keep changing to make it sound better. The warden testified RA did not move cells during his stay. He gained and lost privileges (like having a blanket) with being on suicide watch. The Scremin and Lebrato even detailed the issues at Wabash and having to meet with their client in a cage in the prison kitchen.

Not to mention, prison is for convicted inmates, not pretail detainees and segregation is for the worst of the worst convicted inmates. A person shouldn’t be “punished” in solitary when they haven’t even had a trial. Or else what’s the point of even having laws ?

I don’t understand trying to dismiss the seriousness of solitary confinement/restrictive housing/administrative segregation. It’s proven to be incredibly dangerous for people with serious mental illness per the IPAS Vs IDOC. There’s also countless documentaries, studies, etc that discuss the impact of solitary confinement. It is illegal in most countries per the United Nations. It’s illegal in Canada. It’s an important topic that has been studied in depth and is worth reading into.

For me, before that, even. How much about the crime scene was released to the public before he was arrested? He probably already knew those details.

I'd like to know how much LE told him in the interrogations. Holeman told him a number of things listed in this document.

ISP had him for a while before he was taken to Delphi. It was said he wasn't cooperating but that doesn't mean they weren't talking at him.

RA answers straight away and to the point from what we can observe in one part there with Holeman.

And he answers really well even if it comes across as tit for tat.

What Holeman is doing isn't too different to what others do to get a confession using terms like don't lie, tell the truth and as for him threatening RA with RA's family it is just another layer to it.

It's likely a multi layer technique to get a confession.

Holeman is convinced that RA is the perpetrator.

Im not sure if we are missing deliberate pauses or hesitations with answers, but if RA isn't hesitating...

Yes, I agree, and I thought of that after I posted. And, I'd also add, those guards. Who are their friends on the outside? It's probably utterly impossible to know everything that was said TO Richard Allen, and by whom. I hope it's all being looked into.

All my opinion.

The witness in Georgia called police. I am not aware of a confirmed report that they had actually sent the photo, nor that it was ever received by police, then “lost.”

A trip to Georgia​

The defense brought up for the first time Tuesday they went to Georgia on the hunt for a photo. The potential witness who allegedly had the photo had called state police back in 2017.

Neither the state nor the defense were given the photo. It was not directly addressed what the contents of the alleged photo were.

Because the defense went to Georgia to find the supposed evidence, they said they want the state to reimburse them for travel expenses. But the photo was never found during that trip.

“How can we be financially liable for something we don’t have?” McLeland said. “I don’t understand. And we don’t even know if this is evidence.”

The defense submitted as exhibits the police report from the man who called in 2017 and claimed to have the photo, and the deposition of that man later saying he couldn’t find the photo in question. The defense is asking the state to reimburse a total of $12,640 for the trip.

RA answers straight away and to the point from what we can observe in one part there with Holeman.

And he answers really well even if it comes across as tit for tat.

What Holeman is doing isn't too different to what others do to get a confession using terms like don't lie, tell the truth and as for him threatening RA with RA's family it is just another layer to it.

It's likely a multi layer technique to get a confession.

Holeman is convinced that RA is the perpetrator.

Im not sure if we are missing deliberate pauses or hesitations with answers, but if RA isn't hesitating...
If he isn't hesitating, what's your conclusion?

I'm thinking the details he learned could be the basis for his confessions. Imagine all the speculation he could have picked up from just reading here. (I don't think he was)

Yes, I agree, and I thought of that after I posted. And, I'd also add, those guards. Who are their friends on the outside? It's probably utterly impossible to know everything that was said TO Richard Allen, and by whom. I hope it's all being looked into.

All my opinion.
The suggestion that this 24/7 video surveillance includes a handheld camera and none of it has any audio recording is concerning to me.

MOO

I believe the D took a loss in wages by accepting this case.

Perhaps. I really don’t know.

However, it’s a commonplace that defense lawyers in very public cases get, of course, publicity.

Publicity like this is worth millions. José Baez, Johnny Cochran, etc. became famous in successfully defending their clients and that typically brings in many more clients. Plus their names and faces in the news.

IMO

The witness in Georgia called police. I am not aware of a confirmed report that they had actually sent the photo, nor that it was ever received by police, then “lost.”

A trip to Georgia​

The defense brought up for the first time Tuesday they went to Georgia on the hunt for a photo. The potential witness who allegedly had the photo had called state police back in 2017.

Neither the state nor the defense were given the photo. It was not directly addressed what the contents of the alleged photo were.

Because the defense went to Georgia to find the supposed evidence, they said they want the state to reimburse them for travel expenses. But the photo was never found during that trip.

“How can we be financially liable for something we don’t have?” McLeland said. “I don’t understand. And we don’t even know if this is evidence.”

The defense submitted as exhibits the police report from the man who called in 2017 and claimed to have the photo, and the deposition of that man later saying he couldn’t find the photo in question. The defense is asking the state to reimburse a total of $12,640 for the trip.

This whole thing is so strange!

It’s as if RA has gotten stuck in a time loop. The prison issues were already in the forefront a year ago when the D asked that he be moved the first time. Now it’s used once again, this time to account for his confessions. It’s apparent the reason the D was frantic to get him moved was to shut him up.

Since then RA appears to have settled down so the move was approved but I don’t think the prison conditions are going to satisfactorily explain the confessions.

JMO

BBM
“The attorneys said Allen had been treated like a “prisoner of war,” afforded little recreation and was unable to visit family.

That eventually led to a July 19, 2023, hearing in which Special Judge Fran Gull ruled that Allen had been “treated more favorably” than others being held at Westville.”

The name of the housing section would be either restrictive housing or administrative segregation. I think people are misunderstanding an older term “solitary confinement” and somehow thinking it’s different. They’re all synonyms for the same thing and keep changing to make it sound better. The warden testified RA did not move cells during his stay. He gained and lost privileges (like having a blanket) with being on suicide watch. The Scremin and Lebrato even detailed the issues at Wabash and having to meet with their client in a cage in the prison kitchen.

Not to mention, prison is for convicted inmates, not pretail detainees and segregation is for the worst of the worst convicted inmates. A person shouldn’t be “punished” in solitary when they haven’t even had a trial. Or else what’s the point of even having laws ?

I don’t understand trying to dismiss the seriousness of solitary confinement/restrictive housing/administrative segregation. It’s proven to be incredibly dangerous for people with serious mental illness per the IPAS Vs IDOC. There’s also countless documentaries, studies, etc that discuss the impact of solitary confinement. It is illegal in most countries per the United Nations. It’s illegal in Canada. It’s an important topic that has been studied in depth and is worth reading into.

Thank you for this. It can't be overstated.

I believe they meant to break him down and get him to confess.

It worked.

IMO MOO

It’s as if RA has gotten stuck in a time loop. The prison issues were already in the forefront a year ago when the D asked that he be moved the first time. Now it’s used once again, this time to account for his confessions. It’s apparent the reason the D was frantic to get him moved was to shut him up.

BBM
“The attorneys said Allen had been treated like a “prisoner of war,” afforded little recreation and was unable to visit family.

That eventually led to a July 19, 2023, hearing in which Special Judge Fran Gull ruled that Allen had been “treated more favorably” than others being held at Westville.”

I doubt Judge Gull feels that way now.

IMO MOO

This whole thing is so strange!
These old articles, both from early 2018, referencing Tennessee and then Georgia - add to the strangeness.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery
Back