Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #193

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If as you state there is no audio, I’m curious how would anyone hear the confessions?
I suspect the ones with audio are those made over the phone. The other ones, maybe just notes. LE seem to be okay with “notes.” JMO of course.

Perhap's LE should give US the damn files and let us figure out who was where, when and who said what to whom, when, where, why and how. We could probably sort out in one giant team any issues with alibis etc... and get this thing on the road!

Perhaps attempts to call out were made but the phone was not working properly or could not get cell service once they got across the creek.
I guess we will find out at trial. The state will most likely have every swipe and keystroke from LG’s phone and present it as evidence.
Jmo

I'm surprised there is cell service at all back there. Or maybe there isn't.

At what point does the number of "confessions" without pleading guilty become absurd and literally unbelievable?

Well if his wife had taken his confessions at face value and accepted them he would have pleaded guilty by now. That was his aim I believe until she rejected him so he reverted back.

ETA - I am not blaming her because she had a choice to make. Just my reading of the situation.

ETAA the link from where it came from

IMHO

Last edited:
At what point does the number of "confessions" without pleading guilty become absurd and literally unbelievable?

If he disclosed information nobody else would’ve known about that could prove very incriminating. Also he spoke of motive. But yes I agree at face value without knowing the context of any of them 61 confessions seems rather absurd.

Well if his wife had taken his confessions at face value and accepted them he would have pleaded guilty by now. That was his aim I believe until she rejected him so he reverted back.

ETA - I am not blaming her because she had a choice to make. Just my reading of the situation.

IMHO

This is not based in fact.

I did put IMO but I did a google search as well. So I believe I am covered by stating it was my opinion based on my understanding of the situation. At no point did I state it was a fact I just checked my post again.

It’s also raised here by murder sheet

Not a fact, but the possibility that sustaining the relationship with his wife and mother became more important than disclosing the truth, as has been discussed.

“Many of Allen's confessions were made directly to his wife and mother, who both reacted initially with "disbelief and shock," Harshman said.

As time progressed, Harshman said that Allen continued to make incriminating statements to his family, who refused to hear it, telling him, "They're messing with your mind," or, "Stop talking about it."..”

Where exactly can I find that all “61” confessions were made over the phone? Just curious.

Indiana State Police Detective Brian Harshman testified that he has reviewed 650-670 of Allen’s phone calls during his incarceration covering more than 150 hours.

Harshman said Allen has confessed more than 60 times, most often to his wife and mother, who expressed disbelief, concerns about his mental state or changed the subject.

It was in late March, after his “Come to Jesus” moment, when the confession phone calls began, said the detective.

“He talked about these crimes very specifically,” Harshman said.

Prosecutor Stacy Diener asked Harshman if Allen’s confessions contained details of the crime.

“That’s correct,” answered Harshman, adding that Allen also discussed his motivation in allegedly committing the killings.

Indiana State Police Detective Brian Harshman testified that he has reviewed 650-670 of Allen’s phone calls during his incarceration covering more than 150 hours.

Harshman said Allen has confessed more than 60 times, most often to his wife and mother, who expressed disbelief, concerns about his mental state or changed the subject.

It was in late March, after his “Come to Jesus” moment, when the confession phone calls began, said the detective.

“He talked about these crimes very specifically,” Harshman said.

Prosecutor Stacy Diener asked Harshman if Allen’s confessions contained details of the crime.

“That’s correct,” answered Harshman, adding that Allen also discussed his motivation in allegedly committing the killings.
Thank you! Can’t wait to hear it all!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE
Back