Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #193

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don’t believe they can be placed on the bridge though at the time in question.

Libby captured one man on the video she took and Abby doesn’t seem to have men behind her in the photo Libby took.

Or even one man.

Without context, we don't know what she meant by that. We'll have to wait for the transcripts, and not just go by what MS said. She may have said, "At times, I thought he was faking, but then I realized he wasn't."

IMO MOO
I'm going by what was reported by someone in attendance that took notes (MS). I don't think she would deliberately leaving something like that out. She's a journalist and seems very fair and unbiased in her reporting. MO

Pretty good odds in Indiana! There's practically a dress code for middle-aged men.

IMO MOO

I’m in NYC and not familiar at all with the standards of middle-aged Indiana men’s attire.

However, I do recall that early in this Delphi forum, many posters did say that this was a very common look for that region.

My issue is that we don’t see a whole chorus line of similarly dressed men on that bridge at that time. We see only one on Libby’s video, and no witnesses claimed to have seen several men walking about, dressed in near identical gear, at that time and place.

JMO

This is why the defense is trying to hit the 4:33am text messages so hard - they're trying to claim that the girls were actually murdered around 4:33am and that none of the Odinists' alibis account for this variation in the timeline.

The issue with this is that they don't have a good answer to who BG is and how BG then becomes uninvolved in the crimes. The door is still open for RA to be BG, and the Odinists just join in later. The direction this is going will quickly result in RA admitting to kidnapping the girls but denying culpability for the murders.

All my opinion.
All true, but even if RA just admits to kidnapping the girls, won't he be culpable for their murder anyway? If you force someone by gunpoint and deliver them to evil, that is Capital Murder as well, IIUC.

I'm going by what was reported by someone in attendance that took notes (MS). I don't think she would deliberately leaving something like that out. She's a journalist and seems very fair and unbiased in her reporting. MO

Not only MS reported about Dr Wala’s testimony.

“Prosecutors said Allen's shift toward bizarre behavior happened after a meeting with his lawyers. Dr. Monica Wala noted in past reports her concerns that Allen was faking his symptoms.”

Thanks for the explanation- any ideas why somebody would power it back on?
Not every phone, but a lot of phones require a pin or a password to activate the sim once they have been powered off.

Do we know if Libby's phone had a password? Because depending on how it's set up it wouldn't have been receiving messages if the password wasn't put in.

Yeah, it's why I said "IMO MOO."

My speculation and opinion is that it was off and a human being turned it on.

IMO MOO JMO LMNOP
They turned it on and then placed it under a dead girls foot? Why do that and leave it there at all?

Let alone, why would they return to the same place the girls went missing from, where there was an active search going on?

BBM and even more astonishing is that they managed to do that all in the dead of night, while an entire town, including LE, was already on high alert and had spend the evening searching high and low for these victims.

Which makes me ask too, in the DT theory of a group of Odinists ritually sacrificing girls in this clearing, how do they explain how the cult knew when it would be safe to go out and engage in their sacrifice? I mean, did the just wait around for news that the official search had been called off for the night and take their chance sneaking down there?
The problem is, there were still a lot of cars still in the parking lot. Some first responders and locals and family members and friends continued to search until dawn. So if the ragtag group of Odinists returned to the scene of the crime, they would have seen the vehicles and probably would have seen flashlights bouncing around in the darkness.

Really hard to believe they would have returned with the girls knowing they could easily walk into some cops or vigilantes or angry family members. Let alone take the time to perform a ritual sacrifice while voices are calling out the girls names all around them.

My issue is that we don’t see a whole chorus line of similarly dressed men on that bridge at that time. We see only one on Libby’s video, and no witnesses claimed to have seen several men walking about, dressed in near identical gear, at that time and place.

JMO
RSBM
While this is true, we have no way of knowing if BG came across from the far side, passed the girls and then doubled back behind them and then used a weapon to get them DTH. If BG came from the other side, up from the road, nobody would have seen him on the trail side. May have been RA’s misfortune to have worn a blue or black jacket and jeans that day, but it’s just what some guys wear, daily!

With regard to the dress code in those parts, after hubby died late last year I found 3 blue jackets just like the one BG had on. Oh, and he wore jeans a lot and often hiking boots or runners. I live in a small town surrounded by farms. I see a lot of middle aged guys that look just like BG. :) JMO

Not every phone, but a lot of phones require a pin or a password to activate the sim once they have been powered off.

Do we know if Libby's phone had a password? Because depending on how it's set up it wouldn't have been receiving messages if the password wasn't put in.
Are you sure about that? I have a password to my iPhone and while I need to punch in my password to access the messages that have come in, I know the messages are there from the alert. Just a thought.
I’ll add, I’m not very techy. :)

Perhap's LE should give US the damn files and let us figure out who was where, when and who said what to whom, when, where, why and how. We could probably sort out in one giant team any issues with alibis etc... and get this thing on the road!
Seriously? Are we now pretending that online sleuth hobbyists are superior to trained Law Enforcement, Homicide Detectives, FBI Forensics teams ? ...that's quite a stretch, IMO.

Are you sure about that? I have a password to my iPhone and while I need to punch in my password to access the messages that have come in, I know the messages are there from the alert. Just a thought.
I’ll add, I’m not very techy. :)
That's when the phone is already on and the screen is locked. If the password is only for the lockscreen, it doesn't interfere with the ability of the phone to connect and receive messages.

However if the password is on a lower level, aka SIM card, the network shouldn't connect after a restart until the SIM card is unlocked using the 4 digit pin.

Quote:

A SIM card password is a four-digit numerical code that blocks access to the operator's network. In other words, failure to enter the correct password blocks the cell phone from making or receiving calls, sending or receiving messages, and surfing the internet using mobile data (3G, 4G or 5G).

ETA to add clarity

Where exactly can I find that all “61” confessions were made over the phone? Just curious.
Some were discussed in a previous hearing by Harshman. I bet many of the calls will be played at the trial. I think they will be a big part of the evidence. IMO

That's when the phone is already on and the screen is locked. If the password is only for the lockscreen, it doesn't interfere with the ability of the phone to connect and receive messages.

However if the password is on a lower level, aka SIM card, the network shouldn't connect after a restart until the SIM card is unlocked using the 4 digit pin.

Quote:

A SIM card password is a four-digit numerical code that blocks access to the operator's network. In other words, failure to enter the correct password blocks the cell phone from making or receiving calls, sending or receiving messages, and surfing the internet using mobile data (3G, 4G or 5G).

ETA to add clarity
Well, I turned off my iPhone and it did ask for my passcode and I just pressed “cancel”. Now I will wait and see if I get any texts :). Thanks for the explanation!

ETA
You are correct! I called my son on the home phone and asked him to send me a text. There was no alert. Interesting about the 4:33 texts that came flooding into LG’s phone. Hmmmm…..

Well, I turned off my iPhone and it did ask for my passcode and I just pressed “cancel”. Now I will wait and see if I get any texts :). Thanks for the explanation!
I like a hands-on experiment! Keep in mind that pass code is not always the same as a PIN. (You could go to your settings and find out if you have your SIM PIN enabled.) One is one device level, the second is on SIM level, the card that connects you with the network. Also potentially your phone could still connect with WiFi without the SIM PIN, but would not connect with a tower and 3-5G.

RSBM
While this is true, we have no way of knowing if BG came across from the far side, passed the girls and then doubled back behind them and then used a weapon to get them DTH. If BG came from the other side, up from the road, nobody would have seen him on the trail side. May have been RA’s misfortune to have worn a blue or black jacket and jeans that day, but it’s just what some guys wear, daily!

With regard to the dress code in those parts, after hubby died late last year I found 3 blue jackets just like the one BG had on. Oh, and he wore jeans a lot and often hiking boots or runners. I live in a small town surrounded by farms. I see a lot of middle aged guys that look just like BG. :) JMO
I am very sorry to hear about the passing of your husband @susiQ Much love to you.

Mine is an android and I don't gave the PIN enabled. Nowadays it is less common to have a sim pin, but around 2015 it was more common since the device's own security was less sophisticated.1000045720.jpg

I like a hands-on experiment! Keep in mind that pass code is not always the same as a PIN. (You could go to your settings and find out if you have your SIM PIN enabled.) One is one device level, the second is on SIM level, the card that connects you with the network. Also potentially your phone could still connect with WiFi without the SIM PIN, but would not connect with a tower and 3-5G.
I just punched in my regular passcode and then I could see the alert.

Quote:

ETA to add clarity

Thank you for this explanation.

I really hope both sides have excellent cell phone experts.

IMO MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1
Back