Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #193

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO it's great to see a content creator step up. I can't imagine how much a trial transcript will cost. I wonder if prisoners can get a copy of transcripts.

Yes, even if it's that content creator ;). If all of that is true, it's a good letter. Hopefully he did his homework.

IMO MOO

"No evidence has been presented to the Court that the State destroyed exculpatory evidence nor that the State acted in bad faith," Gull said in a short, one-page order issued Thursday.
[snip]
Allen's trial is set to start on Oct. 15 and is expected to last about a month. Jurors will be selected in Fort Wayne and will be transported to Delphi for the testimonies. They will be sequestered for the duration of the trial.
Judge again denies Delphi suspect Richard Allen's motion to dismiss

Looking forward to trial so we can all see what evidence the state has, in its entirety. Trial will be the proof in the pudding as it were. Much of the more wild speculation about this case that has captured people across the country will end at that point, when faced with actual fact and not inuendo. MOO

"No evidence has been presented to the Court that the State destroyed exculpatory evidence

Very difficult to prove a negative. I guess it's the right call, but I still personally believe it wasn't all accidental. Always will. Just no way to prove it, unfortunately.

IMO MOO

Major Patrick Cicero. He was likely chosen by the Prosecution because he has extensive experience in his field.

"Major Cicero led or assisted countless high-profile felony investigations throughout La Porte County and across northern Indiana. He specialized in the management of crime scene investigations and has been recognized as a forensic expert related to bloodstain pattern analysis. Major Cicero is currently an adjunct instructor with the National Forensic Academy at the University of Tennessee where he teaches investigative approaches and the collection of entomological evidence."

Gull says their motion to dismiss from Allen's defense team was "denied as unsupported by the law and the evidence."
[snip]
She also said police testified that their investigation cleared the other man, and evidence presented by the defense did not negate the state’s evidence.
[snip]
Gull still has several other important issues to decide — including whether the defense team will be able to tell the jury about their theory that someone other than Allen committed the murders.

Allen and his attorneys will be back in court for a status hearing Friday, Aug. 23.
Special judge refuses to dismiss Delphi murders case against Richard Allen

I am curious to see if JG rules on the SODDI defense on the 23rd, and if so what her ruling will be. I don't think she can rightfully rule they cannot present any alternate theory of the crime with a SODDI suggestion.

But do wonder if she will allow them to outright name others who've been cleared by LE as those alternate killers or tell them they must discuss these alternate SODDI's in general terms without naming them. I honestly don't know what to expect.

I do know if I was EE, BH or any one of the other individuals they have suggested were involve in their many versions of the Frank's Motion, I would be seriously PO'd at the DT for dragging me publicly through the mud for the past year.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz
Back