Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #193

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do not belief it will lift any real burden for them. Especially if he appeals. Or if they eventually find out wrong man convicted for it. It may all just serve to keep everything at the forefront of their already heavy hearts and may make it harder to deal with. Hard to know. I'm not them. No links as all just my opinions...
When you lose someone you truly love you Never Ever get over it,You just learn to live with it as Best you can...
In this particular case it would be a huge burden lifted to not have to Wonder about the Who and Why...
Can you imagine wondering everytime you go outside your home if the killer is there or nearby???

I don’t know if he will be convicted.
I do think he’s the right guy.
Defense is trying their darndest to move that timeline.
Don’t think it will work.

They can’t get RA off that bridge.

Credit to whoever said that here first.
I think we will hear that very line from prosecution at trial.

jmo
Even his voice sounds like Down the Hill...

Some antidepressants can actually make one suicidal. They can do all sorts of horrible things to people....

However, as far as the news was reporting for what Dr. Wala said, he was not on an antidepressant. He was given injections of Haldol, which is an antipsychotic. It does not have black box suicide warnings like antidepressants. While high dosages and long use can have a boatload of negative side effects, the risks to watch out for with Haldol are things like muscular twitching, stiffening posture, tongue thrusting, etc not increased suicidal ideation.

However, as far as the news was reporting for what Dr. Wala said, he was not on an antidepressant. He was given injections of Haldol, which is an antipsychotic. It does not have black box suicide warnings like antidepressants. While high dosages and long use can have a boatload of negative side effects, the risks to watch out for with Haldol are things like muscular twitching, stiffening posture, tongue thrusting, etc not increased suicidal ideation.

Would Haldol increase chances of false confessions?

Would Haldol increase chances of false confessions?
I haven't seen it used as truth serum anywhere online...

Seriously, would appreciate if someone had experience of how widespread antipsychotics are in prisons/jails.

From some basic googling, I found this report on a specific prison:

"A total of 46 out of 336 prisoners (13.7%) had been prescribed antipsychotic medications; 29 of the 46 patients (84.8%) were also prescribed other psychotropic medications at the same time. Quetiapine was the most frequently prescribed antipsychotic and was also the most likely to be prescribed for off-label indications. Less than one-third of all antipsychotic prescriptions were for psychotic disorders."

From some additional browsing, it seems that anywhere between 15 to 20% of male prisoners are given antipsychotics. It seems to be a go-to response to aggression/tantrums/mental health concerns.

I didn't find any research correlating antipsychotics with false confessions.

I am not a doctor, I only know Google.

I wonder how much was playing acting to get away from the million of confessions. Hopefully we will hear at the trail if he had been in contact with his lawyers before these manic episodes started.

MOO
Eating his own feces is extreme by any measure, imoo. Do you know who reported that? Was it one person only or multiple people? A guard or other personnel?

I'm trying to catch up on a whole bunch on this case. I'm so torn. I was inclined to say that a confession is a confession, why isn't he pleading guilty? But some of the reported behavior, conditions, etc. really give me pause. I've always wanted to be on a jury, but I wouldn't want to be on this one.

They haven't said I suppose if he gave a motive in these confessions? I sure hope that the justice system can sort out all of this.

Remembering Abby and Libby tonight, and hoping for justice that is true.

I don't think they "waited" at all (it is the Defence side alledging cover ups & collusion since the murders in 2017 to frame up RA). I'm saying, in what world does it make sense for the State to plant evidence at the scene in 2017 (RA's bullet ... and his own statement) and then collude and conspire for years to arrest RA for the crime. It simply does not. They'd have arrested him years ago ...
RSBBM
As far as we know, nowhere did the D allege that LE have been colluding to frame RA since 2017.
What they are saying is that some LE did not investigate certain individuals thoroughly since 2017, whilst others wanted to continue their investigation into third party actors. Amazingly, after 5 1/2 years they discover a “tip” which was actually RA coming to them to say he was at the trails that day and that he left by 1:30, but of course DD can’t find his video. Shucks, videos seem to be missing all over the place in this case! I have to wonder if RA was EVER tipped in by anyone like some other characters we are aware of. People can tell me all day long that they were “cleared.” I suppose that’s easy enough to do when you never take the time to fully investigate those people. How many phones did they check in total?? But not theirs?? Who are they protecting and why? All MOO MOO MOO

When you lose someone you truly love you Never Ever get over it,You just learn to live with it as Best you can...
In this particular case it would be a huge burden lifted to not have to Wonder about the Who and Why...
Can you imagine wondering everytime you go outside your home if the killer is there or nearby???

Exactly.

Can we also add that releasing a child killer puts many at risk, IMO.

I strongly disagree. IMO no one, innocent or guilty, should welcome government agents searching their homes, and be anything but fearful of a government search of their home. Especially since there are far too many cases of law enforcement "planting" evidence. To say otherwise is to be naive.

The Marshall Project has curated numerous reports on cases of police officers planting evidence across the U.S. These reports highlight widespread issues with police corruption and misconduct in various cities. (The Marshall Project).

I am not suggesting that evidence was planted in this case. Just that it's been known to happen in multiple cases. All IMO.
Plus you are often not safe from police in your home as witnessed by the many killings by police on innocent people I'm

One could look upon his confessions as him feeling like he had to give them something to relieve the pressure he felt he was under, I think he had worsening mental health and was seriously struggling, I liken it to what people have said happens when they falsely confess due to the tactics used by LE during interrogation, they say they only confessed because they could not withstand the pressure any longer.
I also would like to know how many confessions pre him getting discovery versus post discovery, and did his confessions start out with specific crime scene knowledge pre him getting discovery.
I have yet to learn what he did actually say, I have read they have some of his confessions recorded and if the recorded confessions are detailed enough the defences job is made almost impossible as the jury will get to hear what he has said, and the defence can and should explain how he was housed and his mental health problems but once the jury hears him say he did it and how he did it there isn't much they can argue that would end in NG

I'm certain the jury will hear at least some of the confessions at trial (because that's where actual evidence is presented). All the ones he made while on the phone to his family member would be recorded at a minimum.

But unless he gave details only the killer would know before he received the discovery and before any guards or other personnel shared information with him they knew from the discovery, those confessions will be just some in a long line of confessions made while being, IMO, psychologically tortured.

IMO MOO

Plus you are often not safe from police in your home as witnessed by the many killings by police on innocent people I'm
Like the woman who called the Cops because she thought there was a prowler outside only to shot by a cop in her own kitchen. The cop is now charged with murder.

Yes. Yes I can actually.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkravetsky
Back