Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #194

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting to me that Rozzi had no comment on what happened to cause the public hearing's cancellation. He's never struck me as one to play his cards close to the vest as far as the press goes. He's either playing nice and observing the gag order in place or he has no wish to discuss whatever went down today.

Interesting to me that Rozzi had no comment on what happened to cause the public hearing's cancellation. He's never struck me as one to play his cards close to the vest as far as the press goes. He's either playing nice and observing the gag order in place or he has no wish to discuss whatever went down today.

Another reporter said he said, "nothing." Doesn't sound like he was very happy, although it's difficult to tell without body language of course.

IMO MOO

Yes, interesting indeed. Whatever it pertained to, family members of the victims and the accused were all informed. Purely speculation but perhaps an anonymous death threat was made against RA so for his security, he was removed from the courthouse and without his presence in the courtroom, the open hearing could not proceed. MOO.

Moments later, Carroll County Prosecutor Nicholas McLeland came out and went into a room with the families of Abby Williams and Libby German.

Richard Allen‘s Attorney Bradley Rozzi came out next and took Allen’s family away to tell them what happened behind closed doors. When asked what happened, Rozzi said nothing…

….Because reporters were not allowed in the courtroom, we have no idea if those motions were talked about in court. Everyone linked to this case is under a gag order and cannot legally talk about the case. Right now, it’s unclear if we’ll ever find out what happened in the Carroll County Court Friday.

Yes, interesting indeed. Whatever it pertained to, family members of the victims and the accused were all informed.

Moments later, Carroll County Prosecutor Nicholas McLeland came out and went into a room with the families of Abby Williams and Libby German.

Richard Allen‘s Attorney Bradley Rozzi came out next and took Allen’s family away to tell them what happened behind closed doors. When asked what happened, Rozzi said nothing.
yes, absent quotes I took that to mean he said no words. All we can do is guess. It's looking like we may not get answers if whatever prompted the decision occurred before press and public were allowed access.

Another reporter said he said, "nothing." Doesn't sound like he was very happy, although it's difficult to tell without body language of course.

IMO MOO
I could believe “nothing” happened today. Has she ruled on the pre trial motions yet? If she has, are the rulings inaccessible to the public? How long can she simply refuse to rule on these matters if she hasn’t yet?

I could believe “nothing” happened today. Has she ruled on the pre trial motions yet? If she has, are the rulings inaccessible to the public? How long can she simply refuse to rule on these matters if she hasn’t yet?

R did not say nothing happened. What the article says when R was asked what happened, he said nothing. As the word “nothing” is not a quote of his response, that he said nothing probably indicates he didn’t reply.

R did not say nothing happened. What the article says when R was asked what happened, he said nothing. As the word “nothing” is not a quote of his response, that he said nothing probably indicates he didn’t reply.
I put it in quotes I wasn’t quoting him. “Nothing”. As in it seems that during hearings in JG’s courtroom, matters are seldom resolved. We have yet to hear her rulings on pre trial motions aside the safe keeping which she ruled on in court. Everything else? Under advisement. For how long? Who knows.

It is my belief that the court appearances are often as waste of time overall, not just in this matter. Moooo.

Glad to see RA has decided to start bathing and using basic hygiene again. A good impression with jurors will be needed. Hard to make one of those when smearing your own feces around and refusing to wash. MOO
Gee, maybe in his new situation he isn’t being tortured to the point where he has a mental breakdown. Quite frankly, I find it rather insensitive to belittle someone with induced psychosis. JMHO

Gee, maybe in his new situation he isn’t being tortured to the point where he has a mental breakdown. Quite frankly, I find it rather insensitive to belittle someone with induced psychosis. JMHO
Wala's testimony at the three day hearing under cross indicted that she at times wondered and thought RA might be malingering. I tend to believe that there was no induced psychosis other than the self induced variety.

Wala's testimony at the three day hearing under cross indicted that she at times wondered if he was malingering. I tend to believe that there is no induced psychosis other than the self induced variety.
And without the transcript, we have NO context. She could have said, "and then I realized he wasn't." All evidence points to....he wasn't.

IMO MOO

And without the transcript, we have NO context. She could have said, "and then I realized he wasn't." All evidence points to....he wasn't.

IMO MOO
Not to mention she was observing him through a crack in the door! How could she be sure of anything. And you are absolutely correct, without a transcript we do not have the full testimony of Dr. Wala. JMO

IMO MOO
Quotes from the linked article:

A prison psychologist who met regularly with Allen testified that she also heard Allen confess to the murders. But Dr. Monica Wala said Allen’s mental health was “extremely poor, critical and deteriorating,” and that he suffered from stress-induced psychosis at the time he made his confessions.

She also testified there was “no doubt” he had serious mental illness around that time, evidenced by Allen’s attempts to “beat his head into the wall.” According to notes that Wala recorded in Allen’s medical chart:

March 23, 2023: Allen was depressed and withdrawn and said he “was not straight in the head."
April 4, 2023: Allen suffered from insomnia, hopelessness, was suicidal, and stated “death would bring relief to him."
April 13, 2023: Allen was exhibiting “bizarre” behavior, including consuming his own feces, and was suffering from a “grave disability.” The prison psychologist ordered Allen receive an involuntary injection of psychotropic medication.
April 14, 2023: Mental health evaluation 10 am **** See added documentation
April 21, 2023: Allen’s thoughts were disjointed and he was saying “strange things.” Wala discussed that he might be considered incompetent to stand trial.
May 3, 2023: Allen said he wanted to confess details of the crime.
May 18, 2023: Allen receives another dose of psychotropic medication.
May 23, 2023: Allen diagnosed as suffering from stress-induced psychosis.
June 8, 2023: Allen’s depression “at its peak,” noted trembling, knees buckling.
June 16, 2023: Allen receives another dose of psychotropic medication.
Late June, 2023: Allen’s mental health improving.

A hearing about… nothing.
It’s like a bad Seinfeld episode.

jmo

Various possibilities -
-need for an open hearing became redundant, issues resolved during closed hearing
-anonymous death threat against RA
-RA is either ill or suddenly became ill during closed hearing
-RA confessed yet again, D given 48 hrs to confer with him about possible change of plea

Only my speculation..

ETA
NB - Absolutely no mention of the possibility of this hearing being rescheduled at a future date.
BBM
There is no public hearing," Carroll County Sheriff Tony Liggett told the crowd. "That's the best I can tell you. That's all."

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx
Back