Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #194

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hopefully the cancellation isn’t due to a pair of glasses. I’m afraid people using these court proceeding as a means for clicks is going to keep the details of the case under wraps

There would be fewer people doing it for "clicks" if the judge would just permit transparency in the courtroom.

IMO

Looks like WANE pulled their juror questionnaire story!

Looks like WANE pulled their juror questionnaire story!

Could that story be a reason for today's hearing cancelation?

A hearing about… nothing.
It’s like a bad Seinfeld episode.

jmo
I'm gonna take it easy for a spell, see what transpires here. The reply of 'nothing' could easily be as a result of the gag order. I suspect right now isn't a time to step in the cow patty :) We'll get some clarity. I think this Judge has a tight clamp on things for good reason.

Could that story be a reason for today's hearing cancelation?

Weird. Link posted to thread yesterday (linked above in the quote)... still works for me just now....

Tears could indicate good news for the P side!

Richard Allen arrived at court around 12:30 p.m. Friday.

The closed-door hearing with Judge Frances Gull began at 1 p.m. and lasted 35 minutes.

When it was over, Carroll County Prosecutor Nick McLeland came out of the courtroom and went into another closed-door meeting with investigators and family members of the victims.

Defense attorney Brad Rozzi also came out, but would not say what happened in the closed hearing. Rozzi briefly spoke with Allen’s family members who were sitting outside the courtroom.

At one point, Allen’s wife Kathy could be seen wiping tears from her eyes.

Last edited:
Tear could indicate good news for the P side!

The closed-door hearing with Judge Frances Gull began at 1 p.m. and lasted 35 minutes.

When it was over, Carroll County Prosecutor Nick McLeland came out of the courtroom and went into another closed-door meeting with investigators and family members of the victims.

Defense attorney Brad Rozzi also came out, but would not say what happened in the closed hearing. Rozzi briefly spoke with Allen’s family members who were sitting outside the courtroom.

This makes it sound like they came to some kind of agreement to work out a plea deal. But IANAL!

Sometimes actions can speak louder than words. But what’s up with the crying without even knowing what’s going on? Unless RA forewarned them in advance, maybe that he intended to confess to the Judge?? MOOO

“The families of Abby Williams and Libby German did meet privately with prosecutors and investigators in a room.

Allen’s family started to cry, confused and upset, and defense attorneys met with them.”

Sometimes actions can speak louder than words. But what’s up with the crying without even knowing what’s going on? Unless RA forewarned them in advance, maybe that he intended to confess to the Judge?? MOOO

“The families of Abby Williams and Libby German did meet privately with prosecutors and investigators in a room.

Allen’s family started to cry, confused and upset, and defense attorneys met with them.”

I'd cry at the drop of a hat if I were KA. Just walking into the courthouse would make me cry.

This is also a reporter's spin, which is pretty subjective.

IMO MOO

Maybe the judge has decided to recuse herself?

Or maybe JG has kicked RA's attorneys off the case again?

Or something to do with Judge Diener's recusal and abrupt resignation?

It feels like something major has disrupted this case's momentum.

IMO MOO

Weird. Link posted to thread yesterday (linked above in the quote)... still works for me just now....

I get this at the WANE site when I click on the link I posted last night-

We’re sorry!​

The page you are looking for can’t be found.

• The story, page, or video you were trying to access may have been moved.
  • There might have been a typo in the link you used to get here
If I Google "juror questionnaire Delphi" I get a link to the WANE video through Yahoo. I searched the WANE site and can't find it, takes me to another story about RA/Delphi.

This makes it sound like they came to some kind of agreement to work out a plea deal. But IANAL!
I'm too much of a cynic to expect it, but it doesn't stop me hoping.

It would spare both victims' and defendant's families the circus of a trial.

It would prevent a long, drawn out appeals process, that would happen were the defendant convicted at trial.

It would put something of an end to all of this. It would allow people to start the rest of their lives.

I say this because I believe that RA is the culprit, and he has confessed, and if he truly wants to spare his family further hurt, then this is the right choice for him to be making.

MOO

Last edited:
Maybe the judge has decided to recuse herself?

Or maybe JG has kicked RA's attorneys off the case again?

Or something to do with Judge Diener's recusal and abrupt resignation?

It feels like something major has disrupted this case's momentum.

IMO MOO

Nothing is obvious, that’s for sure but yes, it does seem as if something major is coming down.

RA’s family (wife and mother?) must’ve had an inkling of what was happening or they wouldn’t cry and get upset over the announcement that the public hearing was cancelled, as if they were expecting something positive about to occur at the open hearing. And so I’d expect as that didn’t happen, whatever is going on negatively impacted either RA or his attorneys from their perspective. MOO and JMO

Perhaps RA has confessed yet again, but this time to the judge during the closed meeting? That would be best case.. No need to continue all the theatrics.. just get a deal done so we don't have to hear about RA again. Just my opinion.

That's what I'm afraid of if he takes a plea.

IMO MOO
And that's fine. I'm aware that we have different opinions on the matter of RA.

If he is innocent, then I agree, he should not plead guilty. He's entitled to a trial in front of a jury of his peers.

But if he did this, and he was in earnest trying to take responsibility in his confessions, then he should feel free to plead guilty if that is what he wants to do. For himself, for his future, for his own conscience.

MOO

Tears could indicate good news for the P side!

I watched a long episode about the hearing 2 weeks ago on a YT site hosted by 2 prosecutors (that's a hint if you want to find it). Based on their interpretation of the legal issues presented at the hearing, and RA's 60 plus confessions, and the looming trial date, a plea deal seemed to them the only reasonable option for the defense.

JMO

ETA sorry I'd written an earlier post I'd never completed, have deleted that one.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx
Back