Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #194

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think how much he would have to reveal would depend on the terms worked out between the parties.

He can't take an Alford plea in Indiana. So that's not in the cards.

MOO

Oh really? I didn't know Indiana didn't have that. Interesting.

I meant I'm afraid that all the others won't be brought to justice if he takes a plea. I'm still on the fence about his guilt or innocence, but if he's guilty (or of course innocent), there are others involved. I believe this 100%.

IMO MOO

If there’s others involved who RA is protecting, he’s even more disgusting and despicable, regardless if he takes a plea or not. IMO

This post is a bit of a mess but the big smile on BP’s face is a pleasure to see. It’s at 0.41 of the video.

I saw this, but I didn't have time to watch / listen. Did they interview them? I was wondering if they inserted a clip / smile from some prior date?

Nothing is obvious, that’s for sure but yes, it does seem as if something major is coming down.

RA’s family (wife and mother?) must’ve had an inkling of what was happening or they wouldn’t cry and get upset over the announcement that the public hearing was cancelled, as if they were expecting something positive about to occur at the open hearing. And so I’d expect as that didn’t happen, whatever is going on negatively impacted either RA or his attorneys from their perspective. MOO and JMO
From the WRT video posted 2 replies ago, they say that RA's family was in the corridors, crying, confused, when it was announced there would be no public hearing, BEFORE the defence came out and spoke to them.

IMO this means that they were just confused, it's not that they were crying because they know something we don't.

That's not to say I don't wish for a plea and a swift resolution, because I very much do.

I saw this, but I didn't have time to watch / listen. Did they interview them? I was wondering if they inserted a clip / smile from some prior date?
There was no interview in that video. It looked like the clips they included might have all been from today (same lighting as the RA one) but we have no way of knowing for sure.

From the WRT video posted 2 replies ago, they say that RA's family was in the corridors, crying, confused, when it was announced there would be no public hearing, BEFORE the defence came out and spoke to them.

IMO this means that they were just confused, it's not that they were crying because they know something we don't.

That's not to say I don't wish for a plea and a swift resolution, because I very much do.

Yes that was before the D spoke with them, so it would seem to me there must’ve been a reason a cancelled hearing caused them anguish (described as crying, confused, upset), as opposed to say, a frown or look of mild disappointment on their faces. MOO

Yes that was before the D spoke with them, so it would seem to me there must’ve been a reason a cancelled hearing caused them anguish (described as crying, confused, upset), as opposed to say, a frown or look of mild disappointment on their faces. MOO
Well, of course it would cause anguish and confusion. They want this to go to trial for their to be an end/closure in sight. The more hearings are not held or canceled, the greater likelihood this will be delayed again.

IMO MOO

How much face to face contact have they had with him since arrest? Have they only seen him through tablet?

Because if they were hanging on for the opportunity to see him, be in the room with him, even if they couldn't touch, then I could see why they might be tearful for that reason.

MOO

Or scared to death for his family.

IMO MOO

Well yeah but how would he be safer knowing the information while the other parties walk free, he’d have a target on his head or perhaps that of his family’s (to force him to stay silent) either way. The better choice would be cooperating in their conviction to get them put away.

That’s also what witness protection programs are for. I don’t really buy that RA is too scared to incriminate others. If he can confess 61 times, he should have no problem telling the rest of the story, if there is one. It’s not as if he’s a member of a gang, that we know of. MOO

Well yeah but how would he be safer knowing the information while the other parties walk free, he’d have a target on his head or perhaps that of his family’s (to force him to stay silent) either way. The better choice would be cooperating in their conviction to get them put away.

That’s also what witness protection programs are for. I don’t really buy that RA is too scared to incriminate others. If he can confess 61 times, he should have no problem telling the rest of the story, if there is one. It’s not as if he’s a member of a gang, that we know of. MOO

I'll respectfully disagree. We have no idea how dangerous these people are, how far their tentacles (Doug Carter's characterization of this case) go, or what we would do in his shoes. If someone told me they have a whole network of people willing to kill my family if I snitched, I'd believe them.

IMO MOO

How much face to face contact have they had with him since arrest? Have they only seen him through tablet?

Because if they were hanging on for the opportunity to see him, be in the room with him, even if they couldn't touch, then I could see why they might be tearful for that reason.

MOO

RA has been allowed visitors, the D alleged the distance early on made it inconvenient but this was also in the past. If his family only chooses to see him at his hearings that’d be kind of unusual. MOO

• Unlike other inmates in the maximum security unit, Allen is permitted to have face-to-face visits with his family.

I'll respectfully disagree. We have no idea how dangerous these people are, how far their tentacles (Doug Carter's characterization of this case) go, or what we would do in his shoes. If someone told me they have a whole network of people willing to kill my family if I snitched, I'd believe them.

IMO MOO
How dangerous what people are? Who is the network of people willing to kill RA's family?

IMO MOO

Well okay then. Not guilty, a noble martyr instead?

Sorry I just can’t go there, we’ll have to disagree.

The final comment by this reporter is priceless. The prosecution stating that the D are trying to “annoy, embarrass and oppress them.” (Emphasis added by me, while I’m killing myself laughing!) MOO

I very much doubt it. I suspect it has more to do with the public not knowing how to properly behave in a courtroom but we shall see.
I am wondering that also.. actually, I have a lot of different thoughts about this, but yes, think it may have to do with the public and SM avenues IMO

We know Libby & Abby's family won't talk due to Gag Order but I can't wait to hear from locals that were there.
(of course, they might not even know either)
JMO

The final comment by this reporter is priceless. The prosecution stating that the D are trying to “annoy, embarrass and oppress them.” (Emphasis added by me, while I’m killing myself laughing!) MOO
I think that's probably legal speak relating to decorum expected between legal professionals. It sounds weird because it's antiquated. One of our legal bods might be able to confirm, because IANAL.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1
Back