Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #194

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you. That doesn't equate to him "really really not wanting his home to be search" TO ME, but I realize we all have different interpretations. I just did not recall any kind of objection to the search of his home when it was occurring. I thought he and his wife just sat for hours in a police SUV while it was happening?

Thank you for your response.

But this doesn’t support the claim that RA didn’t want LE to search his home? It says his lawyers want the search / any evidence from it tossed out. While I can believe RA didn’t want his home searched because who would… this is about his lawyers not his wishes imo.

I presume that the reason he has lawyers is so they can do the speaking for him, as that is the reason lawyers are involved at all. I don’t expect a civilian like RA to comprehend the legality of a search warrant of his home. It seems unequivocal to me that he hired lawyers to speak up for him and do what they believe is necessary to ensure a court victory for him. That is why they are considered to be “representing” their client. They know the law.

The judge ruled against the defense motion to quash the evidence from his home. It was ruled admissible and LE found much evidence in his home to show his alleged culpability, including the gun that was the source of the bullet found at the scene.

RA and wife at that point had no other option but to wait while their home was searched according to the warrant.

Here is a more recent link, with plenty of information about this.

Again, the presumption is that the lawyers are the mouthpieces for Richard Allen, or else he could have chosen to represent himself.

Also again, this has been covered in great depth long ago in this forum.

ETA: @TTF14 I neglected to say “you’re welcome” after you thanked me for providing the link you requested. You are sincerely welcome.

Last edited:

Here is a link above.
I didn’t initially post a link because this is old news, with multiple links posted at the time.

His attorneys wanted all evidence collected from his home to be suppressed.

There is only one reason for that, IMO. If nothing in his home was incriminating, why would his attorneys want it suppressed?

IMO
I was just looking thru the list of day one and two of the RA search, as to what they took. On day one there's listed...2 “Audiovox” devices. Just made me wonder if these were a pair of Audiovox walkie talkies? The phones are listed as phones, GPS as GPS, pagers as pagers. We had Audiovox walkie talkies when the kids were little.

Correct. No guessing involved. They said right in the article it was a family member of a WANE employee. So, not the defense team, sad to say ;).

IMO MOO
I doubt it was really a family member. I'd be pretty angry if I was the family member and thy called me out publicly.

They "lost" weeks of recorded interviews. Called off the dogs. The coroner didn't take body temps.

You didn't ask me, but off the top of my head....those are my answers. I could give a lot more but they may go against TOS.

IMO MOO
Yes, thank you, I already know what you think about LE's handling of the case. I was asking the other poster what they thought :)

But this doesn’t support the claim that RA didn’t want LE to search his home? It says his lawyers want the search / any evidence from it tossed out. While I can believe RA didn’t want his home searched because who would… this is about his lawyers not his wishes imo.
His lawyers are doing his biding, are they not? You don't think they discuss things with him ahead of time, to get his approval?

The reporter specifically says, “a family member of a WANE15 employee received one last Friday.” I can accept that the family member actually received one in the mail and not through other means. JMO
You don't think it's a little odd that the station publicly called out their family member? I do. I think it is very odd and it doesn't ring true to me.

I think the news station knew it was a bit sketchy for them to release these photos publicly since JG has everything so locked down. In spite of that they went ahead, and they may be legally covered, but it is right on the edge of the red line.

Knowing that, why would they put a family member out there to take the brunt of the backlash? Makes me think there was no family member, they just said so to make it seem credible and casual. IMO

You don't think it's a little odd that the station publicly called out their family member? I do. I think it is very odd and it doesn't ring true to me.

I think the news station knew it was a bit sketchy for them to release these photos publicly since JG has everything so locked down. In spite of that they went ahead, and they may be legally covered, but it is right on the edge of the red line.

Knowing that, why would they put a family member out there to take the brunt of the backlash? Makes me think there was no family member, they just said so to make it seem credible and casual. IMO

I think they assumed (hoped?) there would be no backlash and were "citing their source" the best/most thorough way they could without revealing their identity.

IMO MOO

His lawyers are doing his biding, are they not? You don't think they discuss things with him ahead of time, to get his approval?
Still, his lawyers acting in his legal interest, even in consultation with him doesn’t support the claim he didn’t want his house searched. It supports the idea that he agrees that it is in his best interest if items recovered as part of the execution of the warrant are suppressed for whatever reason. This doesn’t even imply guilt. Instead, it implies that the lawyers took issue with the warrant being issued in the first place and their belief that items recovered should therefore be inadmissible. Moo.

Last edited:
Still, his lawyers acting his his legal interest, even in consultation with him doesn’t support the claim he didn’t want his house searched. It supports the idea that he agrees that it is in his best interest if items recovered as part of the execution of the warrant are suppressed for whatever reason. This doesn’t even imply guilt. Instead, it implies that the lawyers took issue with the warrant being issued in the first place and their belief that items recovered should therefore be inadmissible. Moo.

Exactly. Well said. False equivalence. IMO.

Does not appear to cover members of the general public which is where WANE 15 asserted they received a copy of the doc from (a family member of one of their employees).

Pretty convenient for them, eh?
Oh this? We just got that from Aunt Millicent, thought we'd share it with the public... :rolleyes:
Further, given that the hearing in question did not take place that was scheduled for Jan 23, 2023, does that order still apply? Does it just roll over without explicit statement until the conclusion of the trial? I'm not a a lawyer, so if someone who is wants to chime in... I'd appreciate it!

I could see them removing it if they thought it might be fraudulent. They would not want to draw attention to this idea as if it was a fraud it could damage their professional credibility going forward. I don’t know if or how they may have verified the veracity of the document before reporting on it. I wonder if they just took their source at face value? Moooo.
Judging by the pages shown in the video, if it’s fraudulent, someone went to a lot of trouble to make it look like the real deal. Appears authentic to me but what do I know, IANAL. The questions seem reasonable given the attention this case has received. To reiterate @steeltowngirl ’s post, just because you can, doesn’t mean you should. Maybe WANE15 should have taken a pass on this one? JMHO

They're planning a netflix show!? They announced this already and the trial isn't even over?! I missed this and I'm surprised considering they may still lose! Where can I learn more - is there a link to this? I'd watch - even if they don't win!
Wow, very interesting that they are doing show on this.

Ohhh, did anyone follow the Chase Merritt murder trial, for the murders of the McStay Family?

The defense duo actually remind me very much of the duo on this case. >>> 2 hotshot, spicy attorneys giving a passionate defense.

The documentary was being underwritten by a production company that had sold previously to Netflix. The filmmakers were given almost total access to behind the scenes stuff pretrial and during trial.

I don't think it worked out like the D team had hoped however---mid trial it became obvious they were probably going to lose the case. And there had bee some bumpy roads, all of which were now on film. And of course they documented the defendant being found Guilty on all counts of a quadruple murder.

I don't know how it happened---but eventually a documentary was released, but the footage had been purchased by a new production team, which went back and filled in some with the Prosecution's POV, and in the end, the D team looked very bad in the show. They had internal struggles between them, and made some poor legal decisions which came back to bite them...

So hearing they are making a film is kind of intriguing. We may end up getting a deep dive into the backrooms of this trial, and I will look forward to it.

ETA:
TWO SHALLOW GRAVES provides an enthralling look into Merritt's explosive murder trial via unparalleled access to both the defense and prosecution teams, shedding new light on the controversial case. TWO SHALLOW GRAVES will air all seven episodes across three nights on ID starting Sunday, May 22nd at 9/8c with the first three episodes. Episodes will be available to stream the same day on discovery+.

When Merritt's trial began in 2019, the prosecution thought they had an airtight case to prove Merritt's guilt: compelling evidence linking him to the crime including bank records, cell phone activity, and DNA placing Merritt in the McStay's car. However, as the trial unfolded Merritt maintained his innocence and his defense team put forth the possibility that the authorities had apprehended the wrong man… and the McStay family's killer remained free. Divisive and heartbreaking, the proceedings of Merritt's trial highlighted a haunting reality: despite Merritt's arrest, so many troubling questions around the McStay family murders still linger unanswered.

With unprecedented, multi-camera access to the entirety of the trial and personal, never-before-seen footage of Merritt and his defense team strategizing during the proceedings, TWO SHALLOW GRAVES definitively unlocks a fascinating new perspective on the trial and murder case that captivated the attention of the nation. Featuring exclusive interviews with Merritt, his family, and his defense lawyers, as well as the prosecution, investigators, key figures in the case, and the McStay's family and friends, the series gives incredible insight into Merritt's defense and the prosecutions' evidence, presenting an engrossing seven part look into a tragic mystery that is still unfolding.

Pretty convenient for them, eh?
Oh this? We just got that from Aunt Millicent, thought we'd share it with the public... :rolleyes:
Same way it is convenient for any other questionable media / entertainment outlet to hide behind anonymity of their source. We can’t vet the source or the document itself for authenticity. For all we know, it was sent to the by a college student for their own amusement. I reckon time will tell whether this was a fraud or legit. Mooo

In trying to determine whether the questionnaire was mailed out at the expense of tax payers or whether it would have been available to potential jurors to complete online (which imo would be more cost effective)… I found this link:

“To properly fill out your qualification postcard request online you must first locate your personal individual 6 digit juror ID number and your personal 5 digit electronic signature number. These numbers are located on the front upper left hand corner of the postcard. After you have entered your personal individual numbers, the login page will also ask you to enter your date of birth. Once submitted the questionnaire may not be changed and/or corrected by you.”

So with this in mind, would the media outlet that reported on it have to have gotten a printed copy from someone who accessed it on the website? I noticed it does not say it can be printed at the link so if someone really wanted to print it I guess they would have to make and print screen shots page by page??

Not from there so genuinely asking… as the media reported gave an amount the surveys cost in postage to send out and what the return postage was per copy.. It would not have these if it was all to be done online imo.

Can’t link as media outlet removed their original article. Ty in advance if you can help answer this.

In trying to determine whether the questionnaire was mailed out at the expense of tax payers or whether it would have been available to potential jurors to complete online (which imo would be more cost effective)… I found this link:

“To properly fill out your qualification postcard request online you must first locate your personal individual 6 digit juror ID number and your personal 5 digit electronic signature number. These numbers are located on the front upper left hand corner of the postcard. After you have entered your personal individual numbers, the login page will also ask you to enter your date of birth. Once submitted the questionnaire may not be changed and/or corrected by you.”

So with this in mind, would the media outlet that reported on it have to have gotten a printed copy from someone who accessed it on the website? I noticed it does not say it can be printed at the link so if someone really wanted to print it I guess they would have to make and print screen shots page by page??

Not from there so genuinely asking… as the media reported gave an amount the surveys cost in postage to send out and what the return postage was per copy.. It would not have these if it was all to be done online imo.

Can’t link as media outlet removed their original article. Ty in advance if you can help answer this.
I don't know, that states a postcard and registering online but maybe the actual questionnaire is mailed to jurors after they register with the postcard's info plus juror's date of birth?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back