Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #195

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You do recall the crazy presser where the new sketch was revealed, but everyone was told not to disregard the first sketch? Not exactly a stellar team. moo I'll wait for the trial to form an opinion on RA's guilt or innocence. But just bc no one else has been charged, imoo, doesn't convince me in any way of RA's guilt. amoo
Imo they released the second sketch because the first sketch had been public for two years and they still didn't have the perp. That is just my guess.

There are similarities in the two sketches but also dissimilarities. For instance, BG in BB's sketch has a long chin. BG in the video and the man in SC's sketch has a small chin with a frown like RA. Yet both ladies say BG from the video is the man they believe they saw that day.

No wonder the FBI did not want LE to do that presser. They did it anyway. I hope we hear more about why LE thought that necessary.

Doug Carter says he can't wait to tell the story as to why they did what they did. Can't wait to hear it.

Last edited:
I just want to retract something I posted back in the other thread. I mentioned that RA told an inmate that he molested the girls and that he shot them.

According to Harshmen's (sp?) Testimony he says that he did not hear RA state this but believes this was said TO RA.

So did the Defense just lie about this?

Edited to clarify...
When Det.H stated he believes this was stated to RA maybe he means the inmate asked RA if he molested the girls and if he shot them. I am not sure. It wasn't really clear what Det.H meant by that.

Last edited:
Do his massive string of confessions give you any pause about his innocence? Just curious
Serious question, does the fact that we know for certain that at least one of those confessions was that he shot both girls give you any pause about his guilt?

Serious question, does the fact that we know for certain that at least one of those confessions was that he shot both girls give you any pause about his guilt?
Just chipping in, not OP, so just ignore if you want.

Franklin Delano Floyd told at least half a dozen different versions of how he killed six year old Michael Hughes. All horrific. All sadistic and cruel. He also told people the boy was alive and being kept and raised by others and refused to disclose his location.

Michael's body has never been found, but I have no uncertainty that Floyd killed him.

Tl;dr, a person giving multiple conflicting versions of how they killed someone or even if they killed someone isn't necessarily proof of mental illness or that they weren't involved. Sometimes, it's just that the person likes playing games and shocking or disgusting the listener. They alone know the truth. It's about sadism and control.

MOO

Not OP but yes, very much so, among many other things! JMO :)

I believe those confessions were made with intentional discrepancies (maybe advised to do so?) to take away from the credibility of the original ones made to his wife and mother.

JMO

Not OP but no we don't know for certain since Indiana State Police Detective Brian Harshman (<--- sorry misspelled his last name in my earlier post) testified that he never heard RA himself make those statements about molesting or shooting them. He testified that he believes that is what was told to him. I don't actually know if (him) means himself (Harshman) or if he is talking about RA.

Edited to delete a duplicate word.

I think "Locard's exchange principle" is facinating.
From Wikipedia it is explained that "the perpetrator of a crime will bring something into the crime scene and leave with something from it, and that both can be used as forensic evidence."

"Wherever he steps, whatever he touches, whatever he leaves,
even unconsciously, will serve as silent evidence against him.
Not only his fingerprints or his footprints, but his hair, the fibers from his clothes, the glass he breaks, the tool mark he leaves, the paint
he scratches, the blood or semen he deposits or collects - all these and more bear mute witness against him.
This is evidence that does not forget. It is not confused by the excitement of the moment. It is not absent because human witnesses are. It is factual evidence. Physical evidence cannot be wrong; it cannot perjure itself; it cannot be wholly absent. Only its interpretation can err. Only human failure to find it, study and understand it, can diminish its value."
- Paul Kirk

Tick Tock Richard Allen

Justice for Liberty and Abigail

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members