Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #196

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting Info on the iPhone Health App:

<snipped & BBM>

The iPhone uses its accelerometer sensor to know when a step is taken. It's relatively easy for an iPhone to record this information over time and build the bar charts and statistics shown on the 'Steps' page. The iPhone also makes use of the pedometer along with other data, such as GPS and altimeter readings, to calculate interesting information like Walking Steadiness, Step Length, Flights Climbed, and more.

How To Use The iPhone's Built-In Pedometer (Step Counter)

The thought came to me, could it be possible some event occurred on the bridge side of the creek, something we're not aware of at this time, and then the incident moved to the other side of the creek, where the girls were killed? This scenario could explain a couple things...the comment made that folks online with their scenarios have it wrong, the idea of why it doesn't make sense they crossed the creek.

Maybe there was an escalation over those 18 minutes, down the hill, cross that private driveway, down in to the bottom on bridge side of creek, demands made by the murderer to perform this that or the other, bargaining, greater demands, then refusal, then flight or fight kicks in, the girls run, across the creek, scramble up the bank, killer losing control, chaotic scene, catches Abby first, incapacitates her, then goes for Libby.

The thought came to me, could it be possible some event occurred on the bridge side of the creek, something we're not aware of at this time, and then the incident moved to the other side of the creek, where the girls were killed? This scenario could explain a couple things...the comment made that folks online with their scenarios have it wrong, the idea of why it doesn't make sense they crossed the creek.

Maybe there was an escalation over those 18 minutes, down the hill, cross that private driveway, down in to the bottom on bridge side of creek, demands made by the murderer to perform this that or the other, bargaining, greater demands, then refusal, then flight or fight kicks in, the girls run, across the creek, scramble up the bank, killer losing control, chaotic scene, catches Abby first, incapacitates her, then goes for Libby.

One of GH's videos placed L's shoe on the bridge side of the creek and that spawned speculation that some disrobing occurred on that side.

Interesting Info on the iPhone Health App:

<snipped & BBM>

The iPhone uses its accelerometer sensor to know when a step is taken. It's relatively easy for an iPhone to record this information over time and build the bar charts and statistics shown on the 'Steps' page. The iPhone also makes use of the pedometer along with other data, such as GPS and altimeter readings, to calculate interesting information like Walking Steadiness, Step Length, Flights Climbed, and more.

How To Use The iPhone's Built-In Pedometer (Step Counter)

Yes. A really big unknown for me is what location data they got off that phone.

I agree. I've mentioned in another post how I believe it was possible RA ordered the girls' down the hill, past that paved trail (driveway?) and taken them into the wooded area near the creek to SA them.
Also, I mentioned that the girls' could have made a run for it across the creek because of the clothing/shoe in the creek and the weeds/grass smushed down on the edge of the muddy bank on the side of the creek where they were found.

Basically just saying, I agree with you, that this is the most likely scenario based on what we know so far.

One of GH's videos placed L's shoe on the bridge side of the creek and that spawned speculation that some disrobing occurred on that side.
Possibly Abby's? It can't be Libby's. One of Libby's Nike shoes was stuck in the mulch/debris in the water close to the edge of the side of the creek where they were found. Her other shoe was under Abby.

Agreed

I don't think the State case will be that focussed on the journey.

The key is where they started, and where they ended, which took 18 minutes. Then the phone doesn't move again. Which is circumstantial evidence allowing time of death to be approximated, at least for the victim holding the phone.

I can walk around my kitchen for 18 minutes cleaning up, then go to bed. You get steps, but i went nowhere. Steps themselves don't mean they were going somewhere for 18 mins. For all we know, they reached in in 10, but were still moving for another 8.
I recall in the Murdaugh trial they could tell how fast he was moving at various points before and after the shooting. I don't recall the specifics without going back to read it again, but it was interesting how they could pinpoint him moving at certain paces before and then very clearly he was moving much faster after.. faster than he had been walking at any point previously. It really did paint a picture of something happening and then his behavior being very different.

So I think if the defense tries to suggest they did one thing, the state could show via the step counts minute by minute weather that scenario was possible.. say going to a waiting car and then driving somewhere... wouldn't likely line up with the step counts for example.

Possibly Abby's? It can't be Libby's. One of Libby's Nike shoes was stuck in the mulch/debris in the water close to the edge of the side of the creek where they were found. Her other shoe was under Abby.
No, it was Libby's. He admitted that was a misunderstanding. MOO

I wonder who police were talking about this headline came out: "

Delphi murder cops say they KNOW who killer is and warn 'today could be the day we come after you' but still haven't made any arrests after five years of fruitless leads: Victim's families beg for closure"​

8 months before RA was arrested...

2. Do we have any idea yet if there will be cameras in the courtroom for the trial?

Please all know that I am days behind due to RL, want to add my "new" thoughts taken from the above linked article.
It makes sense to me now that the prosecutor doesn't want KAK's name mentioned unless there is relevance! Halting the defense from using all these SODDI. According to the article the Anthony Shots account was of interest. Think about who Anthony Shots is AND is not. The way I understand it, A.S. was multiple people.

For all I know, the A.S. account could have been a dozen different persons. The prosecution simply wants only those with relevance to the murder of Libby and Abby.

Quotes from the linked article:

• In December, cops linked the case to a fake Instagram profile which featured a male model's photos
  • The Indiana detectives investigating the 2017 Delphi murders claimed on Thursday to have new leads in the case and warned their suspect that they know who he is - but are yet to make any arrests, five years after the two girls died.
  • The latest was in December, when cops tied a fake Instagram profile to the case, suggesting the girls had been in contact with the person behind it.
  • Carter added that the fake Instagram profile 'generated a tremendous number of leads', but he wouldn't say whether or not it had led them to the killer.
  • In December, there was a flurry of excitement over the case after cops tied the fake Instagram profile of Anthony Shots to their investigation.
  • It remains unclear now if police believe someone else might have been using the account.

You are absolutely right.

It was GH who said the shoe was found on the bridge side of the creek and later admitted he was wrong. Neither one of L's shoes were found on the ground on the bridge side. MOO
I am behind a little bit - so the shoe that GH said was found on the ground near the bridge… was not LG’s in the end? It was just random? Right?

I am behind a little bit - so the shoe that GH said was found on the ground near the bridge… was not LG’s in the end? It was just random? Right?
There was no shoe found there. He misunderstood what Kelsi said when she described how the bodies were found. I think that might be in the video where he describes the crime scene photos.
MOO

Agree, I believe it was an iPhone 6 but I'm not sure of what CAST information will be available on that model and in that location.

Maybe we'll find out if the D can cut and paste together some type of case in a little more than 3 weeks. I see a continuance looming in the future, although I hope I'm definitely wrong. This case really needs to come to trial.

#Justice4Abby&Libby

MOO

We know a little from Cecil's testimony:

So the video starts on February 13th, 2017, at 1413:51 or 2:13:51 p.m.
Q And was there a location or GPS location associated with that video?
A So when the video initially starts, the GPS geolocates kind of over near the
Delphi High School, but then, within a matter of seconds, it comes back to the
Monon Trail, that’s where it goes.

Q And those pictures have GPS coordinates with them; is that correct?
A There – the pictures don’t, but there are – there are – when Snapchat’s
being used, there are GPS locations when Snapchat’s being used.
A Like on a specific point? Are you asking me like a GPS point?
Q Any – yeah, any point. If they walked this distance and this many steps,
they could have ended up on this access road; correct?
A So Apple Health data doesn’t collect – doesn’t track GPS.

I want to see their actual testimony declaring this, not the defense's claims of what their testimony contains.

Holeman recently testified that "Richard Allen" ordered the girls' down the hill.
That happened a lot in the original 136 page Franks Memo, including the famous 'Franks Footnotes'. It was the D's "Interpretation of, or according to our understanding, or perhaps we haven't reviewed the ____ at this time". :oops: WTH???

That is what sent this case careening off the rails into Circus World and it has sunk even lower with the SM Due Process Gang behind the scenes and all the Internet cranks. The leaks from AB (office, ahem) to MW is unforgivable, and one of the most egregious acts of unprofessional misconduct I've seen in a case.

#Justice4Abby&Libby

JMO

Apple Health might not track GPS but the cellphone itself probably does. Expert was staying in his lane IMO.

JMO

Yeah my understand is that it is part of the snapchat app use. But it doesn't help much because we can see from the video where it is.

So hopefully there are other apps on the phone giving general location data both before and after the bridge.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
culley2821
Back