Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #196

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I mentioned also in my post but they can go through the cemetery also to get there if the property owner doesn't give permission. JMO
Actually, another question - how would they actually access the property where the girls bodies were found? Would they drive down a distance in a bus or private cars or just walk??? So many questions!!

They are definitely being shady.
The more I look at it, the only way the prosecution should agree with it is if defense and prosecution and defense are forbidden to talk with the jurors, and all jurors are able to access and view every relevant place in that area.
bbm
.... even the back path, which RA took after the crime. Will the Ds show it to the jury, if RA isn't present?

Goodness! I hope there aren't any elderly people on the jury!
ETA: Just looking at that "bridge" gives me the willies. (I don't like heights).
I guess they’d have to ask about potential juror’s ability / willingness to hike these places to ensure or at least try to ensure that any jurors who make it to the trial are up for the task?

Motion Filed
Motion for Jury to View Scene
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:

[td]
09/23/2024

[/td]​
I'm surprised to see this from the defense team. I wonder what they're trying to show the jury.

I'm not super familiar with the scene, so bear with me please. Is the terrain rough, difficult to get in and out? If so IMO this would show the jury that the girls never could have left the area and came back.

Also, requesting to bring RA to the scene, surprising! I'd guess the jury would be pretty focused on him as much as the scene. Whether he's guilty or innocent, can he keep his emotions in check?

Post in thread 'Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #196' Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #196
Thanks. I checked that and it doesn’t indicate that the kids clothes were found there - just that some things were found there. You noted as well you can’t link to the claim that it was the kids clothes because your source for this is not approved. I appreciate your effort here though and am familiar with the not approved link. I was just wondering / hoping there was an approved confirmation of it is all.

Thanks. I checked that and it doesn’t indicate that the kids clothes were found there - just that some things were found there. You noted as well you can’t link to the claim that it was the kids clothes because your source for this is not approved. I appreciate your effort here though and am familiar with the not approved link. I was just wondering / hoping there was an approved confirmation of it is all.
The items in the helicopter footage (although far away) are in the same position as the up close items you are aware of. Thanks for hearing me out. I believe we will hear evidence/confirmation of this at trial.

I'm surprised to see this from the defense team. I wonder what they're trying to show the jury.

I'm not super familiar with the scene, so bear with me please. Is the terrain rough, difficult to get in and out? If so IMO this would show the jury that the girls never could have left the area and came back.

Also, requesting to bring RA to the scene, surprising! I'd guess the jury would be pretty focused on him as much as the scene. Whether he's guilty or innocent, can he keep his emotions in check?

I can’t seem to imagine RA in handcuffs and shackles trying to navigate rough, hilly terrain, tripping and stumbling. No way will he participate if this site visit is approved and why would the DT even ask it? MOO

The items in the helicopter footage (although far away) are in the same position as the up close items you are aware of. Thanks for hearing me out. I believe we will hear evidence/confirmation of this at trial.

Is this only speculation of what ppl think they see in the zoomed in footage, sort of like the goat in the coat? If so, it’s unconfirmed

I don’t disagree they’re in the same spot… it would make *sense* that these belonged to the kids… I’m sure we get confirmation at some point in trial… just wasn’t sure if we had it *yet* - all good. No worries!

I can’t seem to imagine RA in handcuffs and shackles trying to navigate rough, hilly terrain, tripping and stumbling. No way will he participate if this site visit is approved and why would the DT even ask it? MOO
His safety is not guaranteed, and I don't mean stumbling over a tree root, IMO. So RA will be left "home alone", I assume.

I believe - if the jury attends the scene he has a legal right to be there - bc it’s his trial. My belief stems from the way the motion is worded. It says something about he will waive if he can’t be there. Paraphrased of course - I think the D knows he isn’t likely going to be granted permission to attend due to security risks etc so they noted up front they’re fine to waive his right to be there up front. Again, not a lawyer, just moo and a guess.

I believe - if the jury attends the scene he has a legal right to be there - bc it’s his trial. My belief stems from the way the motion is worded. It says something about he will waive if he can’t be there. Paraphrased of course - I think the D knows he isn’t likely going to be granted permission to attend due to security risks etc so they noted up front they’re fine to waive his right to be there up front. Again, not a lawyer, just moo and a guess.
Not a lawyer either lol but I highly doubt that JG will allow the jury to visit bridge/crime scene, but I digress.

I was looking at Indiana law and prejudicial evidence is when it raises a substantial danger of
confusion of the issues -- confusing or misleading jury about facts or law.

Also waste of time is mentioned regarding prejudicial evidence.

There is voluminous photographic evidence of the whole area and the scene of the crime and how it actually appeared on February 14, 2017.

My Opinion Only...It could help, as FromGermany1 implied, to validate aspects of RA's confessions in the minds of the jurors. The Defense, IMO, will try and bring up the BIG, bad terrain as a how could such a small, little man like RA have handled it all...like the first FM tried to do, over and over again.
All Just My Opinion
I am curious if RA would go to the scene with everyone? I can't recall in past trials if the accused goes along on these trips or not.

When I saw this came from the DT, my first thought was I am sure they will walk him around and he will pretend to have difficulty walking around in the terrain. There has to be something they think will be gained from this or they wouldn't put this request in.

I am curious how they would get jurors out to the actual crime scene? This would mean they need to walk the trail and to get to the location they were killed would mean walking through the woods. Often jurors are older and less mobile than others. I can see that being a problem.

True, but the area at the kennels where Paul and Maggie were shot had not structurally changed. The MHB has had an overhaul since 2017. New railings, new concrete supports, hardly any of the original dilapidated old boards left (if any now) etc.

Curious for sure.

JMO
Oh this reminds me that there was that women's beach cruiser bike sitting outside at the Murdaughs house when the jury when to view it. I think it was "staged" if I am remembering right. I just found it all odd. I understand going there can give you a feel for things especially when one side is saying one thing happened and the other side is trying to paint a different picture.

The way I read the document, the Defense is conceding the point -- proactively asking to waive his right to be there.

IMO NO GOOD (for the Defense) from putting RA at the scene of the crime, ESPECIALLY on foot.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member