Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #196

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I feel this is a bit exaggerated, but maybe someone can jump in on the procedural side?

Most of the Indiana cases I read on this SODDI issues are all post trial appeals, so this route is fairly normal. Also the D already presented all it's evidence on this matter for the hearing, so I presume all of this content can just be adopted without calling the witnesses yet again?

I don't know how "offer of proof" works
Defense team has a flair for exaggeration, imo.

To me, it reads as a bit like a threat to hold jury members hostage if they don’t get their way.

jmo
The last thing you want to do is piss off the people that are deciding your fate.

I might think twice about employing this tactic if I was trying to get my client a “get out of jail free card”.

MOO

A lot of blood-splatter analysis has been proven false. Mostly, because of bad actors, like Deaver in the M Peterson case 'The Staircase': Who Is Duane Deaver and Where Is He Now?

Just because we see people using exaggerated statements/theatrics, like Henry Lee and his ketchup bubbles on the stand, it does not invalidate basic science like - blood bubbles that contain air, flow of blood, blood volume etc. This has been a topic argued in many cases in the early 2010s and mostly put to bed. As with all forensics, there are cases where the science has been misrepresented. That does not invalidate the whole field.

All MOO
To be clear, I wasn't suggesting it invalidates the entire field. I was merely offering some background information on the subject as a whole, and a view that there is evidence for it, and against it.

A lot of blood-splatter analysis has been proven false. Mostly, because of bad actors, like Deaver in the M Peterson case 'The Staircase': Who Is Duane Deaver and Where Is He Now?

Just because we see people using exaggerated statements/theatrics, like Henry Lee and his ketchup bubbles on the stand, it does not invalidate basic science like - blood bubbles that contain air, flow of blood, blood volume etc. This has been a topic argued in many cases in the early 2010s and mostly put to bed. As with all forensics, there are cases where the science has been misrepresented. That does not invalidate the whole field.

All MOO
I know who I see making exaggerated statements in the three day hearing and it wasn't the BPA expert. JMO

Perlmutter has literally built a career in criminology using her two art degrees and a public's insatiable need to believe in the boogyman. MOO JMO

MOD NOTE:

Propublica is and has been an approved source. You may choose to give them as much credence as you feel they deserve, and of course you may post articles from other sources refuting their articles. Bashing them and complaining about ANY approved source is not allowed, however.

I’ve seen it mentioned several times here that TOD is not mentioned on the Autopsy Reports. Since the Autopsy Reports have not been released publicly I’m wondering where this is coming from.

Is there a link to this information or is this rumour?

TIA
I have only seen it vaguely mentioned by people that were at the hearings, nothing specific. Some folks here have repeated the claims and my requests for substantiation have gone unanswered. Largely, I simply doubt the actual substance of the claim even though it may be factual on its face. (eg It may be true there was not a specific time of death in the autopsy report as no one witnessed the murders; there is probably an estimation and time range, but that’s not the question that was asked).

As I’ve pointed out before, there is a substantial time difference between the prosecution’s theory and defense’s theory. It should be trivial to actually put this to bed when we escape the innuendo game in pre-trial shenanigans.

All my opinion.

That is correct, the official search was called off but family members and many locals were still searching on their own with flashlights and car headlights according to WTHR 13News the following morning.

Seems pretty risky and stupid for the murderer to be out there trying to move around bodies, but we are talking about someone who viciously murdered Abby & Libby. :(

IMO

Brace yourself. The next conspiracy theory is likely to be that the girls were killed prior to February 13th. It's absurd and I hate the thought that there are people that will try to push this idea, but it is out there.
If the D feels strongly enough that they can raise that doubt with even a single juror, I could see them using it.

JMO

Last edited:
To be clear, I wasn't suggesting it invalidates the entire field. I was merely offering some background information on the subject as a whole, and a view that there is evidence for it, and against it.
I guess my thing is that Cicero’s testimony wasn’t really all that crazy. Were there pools of blood? That’s something pretty factual. Was blood soaked into clothing that the defense claimed was largely bloodless? Again, that’s just fact. His expertise in this subject was to debunk the idea than an F or rune was painted on the tree. Even if you throw out that part of the testimony, the actual facts that were revealed are completely contrary to narratives the defense has pushed in court filings. The defense basically went as far as they could towards lying without actually lying.

All my opinion.

thanks for tracking that down. reporter notes that say "Baldwin says". Got it.
In addition, it might be SOP for that official to document TOD differently, not into notes but directly into a report. IMO TOD isn't an observation, it's a conclusion. And, as such, wouldn't be in the notes but would be the culmination of them. In other words, upon review of the notes (the totality of the autopsy as anotated, the TOD will be IMO a range. Based on multiple data points and professional experience/expertise.

That it's not in the notes doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Or even that there's anything amiss!

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beermuda