Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #196

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A month from now we will be in the midst of a jury trial supposedly. I hope beyond hope that is happens on schedule. This case has been going on far too long for all involved. LE, families of the victims, the town of Delphi. I do feel for these jurors, it will be a tough case on them emotionally and being sequestered that long.

We need a fair and impartial jury to decide the fate of RA based on factual evidence presented to a jury of his peers. I am confident in RA's guilt, but will accept the verdict either way reached by a jury as painful as it would be to see him found NG. A mistrial would be a travesty IMO.

Let the memories of Libby & Abby finally rest in Peace and the SM's vile hate and spewing stop. Hopefully the families can begin to take steps in healing. This has been a horrific and emotional crime, with no chance at resolution or recovery until the trial is over and a verdict reached.

#Justice4Abby&Libby

JMO

I’m not sure what he’s expected to admit to ‘knowing’. How can he know if or when a kidnapping took place as he wasn’t there? This was only a hearing and he was there to testify about the cellphone data. Later during the trial it will be up to the prosecution to present a theory to the jury, linking all the facts together to demonstrate why RA is guilty of the murders. State witnesses generally do not take the witness stand and testify even during a trial, one after another about what they ‘believe’ or think they know. Those are opinions, not facts. The jury will be instructed to only consider ‘the facts’. JMO
Yes and the jury will be instructed to use their reason, their collective reasoning.

I thought it might be useful to actually revisit what happened to Abby and Libby on the Monon High Bridge by the legal terms of what RA is charge with doing. Kidnapping.

BBM

"Allen is charged with two counts of murder and two counts of murder in the commission of kidnapping."

I thought it might be useful to actually revisit what happened to Abby and Libby on the Monon High Bridge by the legal terms of what RA is charge with doing. Kidnapping.

BBM

"Allen is charged with two counts of murder and two counts of murder in the commission of kidnapping."

08C01-2210-MR-000001

Charges​

Hide all charge details
0102/13/201735-42-1-1(2): Murder
Statute
35-42-1-1(2)
Degree
MR
0202/13/201735-42-1-1(2): Murder
Statute
35-42-1-1(2)
Degree
MR
0302/13/201735-42-1-1(1): Murder
Statute
35-42-1-1(1)
Degree
MR
0402/13/201735-42-1-1(1): Murder
Statute
35-42-1-1(1)
Degree
MR

08C01-2210-MR-000001

Charges​

Hide all charge details
0102/13/201735-42-1-1(2): Murder
Statute
35-42-1-1(2)
Degree
MR
0202/13/201735-42-1-1(2): Murder
Statute
35-42-1-1(2)
Degree
MR
0302/13/201735-42-1-1(1): Murder
Statute
35-42-1-1(1)
Degree
MR
0402/13/201735-42-1-1(1): Murder
Statute
35-42-1-1(1)
Degree
MR
Yes thank you, I've seen those. The charges are not for abduction , they're for murder in the commission of "kidnapping".

I did notice this. I gave it some weight. But still, rather wide window imo. I'm interested in how they narrowed it down. I'm sure it will have to do with the witnesses who saw RA / whom he admits he saw. Its going to be a super interesting case to follow to see how each side tries to prove / disprove the timeline...
They narrowed it down by Kelsi's car being seen on The Hoosier Harvest store's camera. I believe this info was in RA's PCA.

When ever I’ve followed a case I’m always amazed at details which manage to creep into the public realm that are perceived as facts, that turn out not to be true or are never mentioned again during the trial. It’s sometimes due to incorrect media reporting from unreliable sources or hastily written books. MOO

Exactly!

And even stuff at the prelim which turns out to be a bit different at trial.

I think especially when there is a huge gap between the arrest and the trial, inevitably everyone gets over-focussed on the PCA which is not even relevant in the trial.

Why is there any question marks over when the girls arrived?
There shouldn't be IMO. The video footage and cell phone data from KG's and maybe Libby's during the drop off will confirm that. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back