Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes let’s get this child murderer off the streets. It will be a very sweet victory in about 1 months time for all involved.

ETA - you have to admire a woman who believes her husband is innocent when clearly he doesn’t believe that :D

Moo
Actually, he doesn't clearly believe that. He has also said a number of times that he's innocent.
IMO

Last edited:
The only thing that rings sweet in my ear at this moment is the trial....all the rest is background noise.
Extemely annoying considering all the stunts the D has pulled which were infinitely more egregious than someone talking on a SM platform what they heard with their own ears, what they experienced in the first person, all in a public place...not I know somebody who told me this happened. MS took it the step further and asked the horse's mouth for confirmation. Also their prerogative, that's part of their job, asking for comment. They got it, not right after the incident but right before the start of the trial and jury selection. Now that's a coincidence, if you believe in those. AJMO

IMO the pro bono is representing KA quite independently, and the clue is that she offers her husband the presumption of innocence as his wife, rather than a full blooded assertion of innocence.

In other words, the statement appears to allow for the possibility that RA is factually guilty.

I am glad she is getting independent advice, because her interests are not the same as RA either way.

MOO. YMMV

Extemely annoying considering all the stunts the D has pulled which were infinitely more egregious than someone talking on a SM platform what they heard with their own ears, what they experienced in the first person, all in a public place...not I know somebody who told me this happened. MS took it the step further and asked the horse's mouth for confirmation. Also their prerogative, that's part of their job, asking for comment. They got it, not right after the incident but right before the start of the trial and jury selection. Now that's a coincidence, if you believe in those. AJMO

Do you know how much time lapsed between the time TMS first mentioned the rumor and when they contacted KA and when they contacted RA? I'm thinking it's just been a couple of weeks but I could be wrong about that.

I am not sure what the drama is here. There was a rumour and journalists contacted the people concerned. I doubt MS were the only ones. Then MS only made comment on it when they had an on the record quote. They never spread the rumour.

The pro bono lawyer praised MS's professionalism. And he then put the rumour on the record. So now anyone can talk about what the rumour is. I prefer not to as it is not confirmed and KA denies it.

KA's lawyer may well have done all this whether or not MS or other journalists contacted him - because the rumour was out there big time - and not from MS.

This seems like ordinary reporting to me. Is it not great that people spread rumours? Sure - but it wasn't MS did that.

MOO

Because we the public have seen the photo of Abby on the platform (where BG is not visible on the bridge) and an image and clip.of BG on the bridge, I think it's easy to layer the two. But there were six or seven minutes between the two. Eerily about the same amount of time it might take TO cross the bridge, for BG to come into frame and reach the girls for ordering them down the hill at gunpoint.

But, as I posted upthread, that's six or seven minutes during which the girls may have been moving as well. Did AW leave the platform after LG took her photo, did she complete her walk across? Sadly it doesn't change the outcome, I'm just curious about the midpoint between the photo and the video. At 2:10. Was AW still on the platform? Had she reached the end and the girls had started back across when suddenly BG was crossing toward them? I think at the onset of the video AW had her back to BG. LG was already aware so she was facing/walking toward BG (and AW) or she was also facing away but glanced behind or used her camera to "look" behind her/them.

It pains me that those six minutes changes everything, maybe that's why I'm fixated on it, wishing we could freeze time while AW is alive and well, captured in that snapchat photo. Before all hell breaks out.

Why, just why?

JMO

Do you know how much time lapsed between the time TMS first mentioned the rumor and when they contacted KA and when they contacted RA? I'm thinking it's just been a couple of weeks but I could be wrong about that.
From my understanding the incident occured after the hearing.

Actually, he doesn't clearly believe that. He has also said a number of times that he's innocent.
IMO
Can't wait for the jury to hear the 61+ confessions with details and dozens more incriminating statements for themselves. I doubt RA will take the stand to revoke. But nothing would surprise in this case.

Last edited:
From my understanding the incident occured after the hearing.

From my understanding as well.

I believe the alleged incident with KA occurred immediately after the 8/23 hearing mentioned in this article: Status hearing in Delphi murders case cancelled

But the incident was not mentioned publicly by the person who allegedly overheard it until September 7th. Then TMS was probably reaching out for comment in the days immediately following that.

I meant that I thought it was strange Liberty German only noticed bridge guy in the last 43 seconds(the phone video) if she had been worried about his presence on the bridge. I think it takes longer than 43 seconds to get to the point on the bridge where the video and audio probably began. I think it is established fact that Liberty German took the phone video right after she got off the Monon High bridge on the southeast side and was waiting for Abby or at least that is my theory.

But I do not know what other picture or video evidence LE has. We know of the 2:05 and 2:07 pictures. And we know of the 2:13pm video. I wonder if there are any other pictures or video Libby took of Abby walking across the Monon High Bridge?

In my opinion, I believe in the theory put out there that when LE released the still picture of bridge guy from the phone video, Abby was partially in it. LE removed the part of her in it so the public would focus on bridge guy. I think some youtubers came up with this theory, and I think they are correct.

It is my opinion that the video of bridge guy was actually a video of Abby. When bridge guy got too close she panned the video to him while making it appear she was taking video of her friend which would be a smart way to make it appear that you are interested in the picture of your friend and not the person in the background.

It is a small detail that might not matter because it could be that maybe the reason Liberty German did not take a picture/video of the bridge from farther away is because she was not concerned with bridge guy until he got closer to them. It does not mean Richard Allen is not bridge guy, but it made me wonder which side of the bridge he approached the girls from? I cannot deny 61 confessions with knowledge only the killer would know. But these types of questions from these pictures just make me wonder about this case since Abigail Williams and Liberty German left us this picture evidence.

The only way to explain the sequence is that it is not what you see, but what you don't. I think there are no other pictures of Abby with bridge guy in the background, but that phone video that I think was actually a video of Abby with bridge guy in it. This is my opinion that LE has no other pictures with bridge guy in the background and that is what I wonder about. Hopefully we find out if there were any other pictures with bridge guy in them besides the phone video.

What the pictures suggest to me is Libby was way more comfortable on the Monon High Bridge and was walking ahead of Abby. I think when Libby got to a platform, she turned around and waited for Abby to catch up. And sometimes while waiting for Abby she took a picture.
Libby and Abby were 14 and 13 years old. They were out enjoying the day together taking pictures and video. Neither one was thinking about meeting someone on the trails that would want to do them harm. I'm sure the jury will see the entire video and listen to the audio. They'll hear Abby and Libby get nervous, thinking about the approaching man. They'll hear Abby's shock at seeing a gun. They'll probably hear some of the girl's terror at having it pointed at them and told to go "down the hill.

Libby could have stopped the video because she didn't want a random person in her filming of Abby crossing the bridge. Thank God she was smart enough not to stop. MO

RIP Libby and Abby, sweet girls. Let justice be served

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jab99
Back