Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought it was KAK because he fits the profile (liked young girls) and made contact with LG, iirc. I am really curious to see what all the evidence is against RA, need more than just an unspent round. jmo
Since we're sharing outdated theories, at one point, I thought KAK worked with BG, with KAK luring the girls and waiting nearby in a car while BG did what he did.

I don't think that anymore.

For a very long time, I thought the point of the crime was to take photos/videos.

Now, I think it was a lot simpler than many theories, and it was RA on the bridge who did the deed in the woods and went home.

We'll find out soon.

jmo

The defense has reached a new low., but I don’t see how this amounts to anything.

From the State’s Motion in Limine dated April 29, 2024

“…7. Any attempt to introduce evidence of 3rd party motive that is not relevant and/or the
probative value is outweighed by unfair prejudice, confusion of the issues or has the
potential to mislead the jury in violation of Rule 401. Lashbrook v. State, 762 N.E.2d
756 (Ind. 2002); Pelley v. State, 901 N.E.2d 494 (2009). Before any such evidence
may be permitted the Defense must show some connection between the 3rd party and
the crime. Holmes v. South Carolina, 547 U.S. 319 (2006). Further it must be a
direct connection based on admissible evidence and not founded in hearsay,
speculation, rumors, conjecture or theory. Mcintyre v. State, 717 N.E.2d 114 (1999);
McGaha v. State, 926 N.E.2d 1050 (Ind. Ct. App. 2010); Tibbs v. State, 59 N.E.3d
1005 (Ind. Ct. App. 2016). The State requests such Order in Limine to include but not
be limited to the following:
a. Odinism
b. Cult or ritualistic killing
c. Brad Holder
d. Patrick Westfall
e. Johnny Messer
f. Elvis Fields
g. Ned Smith
h. Rod Abrahms
i. Kegan Kline
j. Jerry Kline
k. Ron Logan…”

On September 4th the Judge ruled none of these things or people can be brought up.
They can try to offer proof of their relevance at trial to introduce them only.
I’m sure the defense is hoping the prosecution will file something against this so the defense can demand a hearing now and delay the trial.
This ain’t going nowhere in my opinion. JG isn’t putting up with this cr#p anymore.
The defense can just file it away with all the other grievances they want to appeal.
My distain for this defense team grows deeper.

Opinion
I feel DT is simply taking the judge up on the portion of her order allowing for them to try to offer proof of those individuals relevance by having the inmates they've asked to testify offer evidence that DT's other dude did it theory should be allowed. She gave them that opportunity. Did anyone really think they weren't going to attempt to take it?

I don't think these attempts will be successful. But I expected them to make them.

I feel DT is simply taking the judge up on the portion of her order allowing for them to try to offer proof of those individuals relevance by having the inmates they've asked to testify offer evidence that DT's other dude did it theory should be allowed. She gave them that opportunity. Did anyone really think they weren't going to attempt to take it?

I don't think these attempts will be successful. But I expected them to make them.
I agree.

If RA’s defense team would ever allow an actual trial, we could take a look at, according to them, RA’s “factual innocence”. Why won’t they let us see it? I think I know.
RA is as guilty as the day is long.

My Opinion for quite awhile now

If RA’s defense team would ever allow an actual trial, we could take a look at, according to them, RA’s “factual innocence”. Why won’t they let us see it? I think I know.
RA is as guilty as the day is long.

My Opinion for quite awhile now
What do you mean allow an actual trial?

In the long run, I think it's a nothing burger, smoke and mirrors and I'm not worried.

The State knows how this Defense works, they're coming in prepared for anything.

JMO

This trial is open to the public after the remaining seats for Defense/State/Families and 12 members of the media. It is quite a small courtroom so the rest of the seats are open to the public.

MOO
I know. That wasn’t what I asked. I will just Google though since my question really is not related to this case, but was a general question.

4 days until jury selection. I hope there are no more sideshows, flashy revelations, sidetracks. Only the trial, and what happens in that courthouse in front of the eyes of the families, the public, and the stenographer.

Justice for Abby and Libby can't come soon enough.

All my own opinions and wishes.

JG said in her ruling the defense could try to argue for their inclusion at points during the trial. She did not say file another ridiculous motion right before the trial starts and we will argue it and delay everything, just for you.
She did give them a tiny out, but this wasn’t it.

JG said in her ruling the defense could try to argue for their inclusion at points during the trial. She did not say file another ridiculous motion right before the trial starts and we will argue it and delay everything, just for you.
Filing motions right up until trial isn’t unusual. And a motion for transport is even less unusual. It’s procedure.

As always, JMO.

If I was the Defence Team, I'd have used the 3 day pretrial hearing to fight tooth and nail to include the KAK SODDI.

It's simply the one theory that while still faulty, requires the less amount of logical leaps to get even a single juror to believe. However, according to the transcripts, they spent the least amount of time on that theory so I can't but side with JG in her decision. IMO the ship has sailed and it should only be addressed in post conviction appeals, but I guess here we are on the 11th hour trying to fight battles that the defence team practically conceded when it was the right time and place to fight them.

All MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bleausky
Back