Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Such a prime POI that when he called the tip line, they sent DD, not even police officer, but a conservation officer to take his information. At a grocery store. Not even at the police station. So prime a POI, the person who met with him thinks he took a recording - but as of last Sept (Franks 1, linked by me in a post above)... he couldn't locate.

2. Its not just that RA can't get himself off that bridge - its that LE can't place anyone ON that bridge (or at the south end where the words DTH were spoken). So I go back to this - a man working for pest control had called Grey Hughes to discuss that he had seen a car parked NEAR the CPS building which was there when he arrived about 8:45am, and there when he left around 2:15pm.

A friend of his saw the same vehicle "on the other side " at about 3:30pm. He saw officers and decided to give them some tips. He asked the officer: "Why was the time on this vehicle reported between noon and five? Well, I didn't know that there was another vehicle and he said it was parked at that CPS building backed in to where they couldn't see the license plate". The caller noted he never saw that CPS car when he was there. BUT:

What made police automatically discount the car along the side of the road in the correct times as being of any interest in this crime? Before even investigating it, they seemed disinterested and more concerned with the car at CPS.... (probably because it was backed in). But my point is - they discounted this tip without even investigating it seems! This makes me wonder, did LE have tunnel vision about the CPS car and then ignore any evidence that it had nothing to do with the crime?

(its an 8 minute video) and I sure would like to know - how did police automatically discount this info in favour of the CPS car? MOO.

4 of 28
February 13, 5:30 p.m.: After family could not locate the girls they contacted the Carroll County Sheriff's Department.
The Carroll County Sheriff's Department, Delphi Police Department, and Delphi Fire Department were joined by the Department of Natural Resources to search for the two missing girls.

I'll also add in that the photo of BG was released on 15 February and that at no time did DD ask RA "what were you wearing on the trails?" because, IMO, DD spoke to RA before the girls were found murdered and certainly before that photo was released.

The tip line was not established until 16 February and by then it was known what BG was wearing and that there was an actual "crime scene".

Yet, we do know that Delphi LE was asking for people to call into their phone line on the night of 13 February and the morning of the 14th - prior to Abby & Libby being found murdered - if they had any information on the girls' possible wherabouts.
And as also seen in Websleuths own Thread #1 prior to the girls being found.

IMO, I also believe that the "Tipline" that RA apparently called was the phone number that LE had been requesting anyone with info call while they were still searching for the two girls vice the official "Tip Line" that was later set up just for this case once their murders was discovered.

From their own Frank's, DD met RA at a grocery store in Delphi to provide his 'tip' ... and I'm willing to wager that LE is interviewing absolutely no one in grocery store parking lots after two girls have been found dead (ie: once an actual capital crime has been established as existing). They are interviewing people at the station after that. Interesting that the Frank's opts not to identify a date and time that RA spoke with Dulin.

Ummm how do we know if DD asked RA what he was wearing?

Ummm how do we know if DD asked RA what he was wearing?

Nothing mentioned about it in DD’s notes.

If this interview took place after the girls were found murdered and LE was looking for a lead on the man in the photo, why would RA coming forward saying he hadn’t seen the girls? That’s not the purpose of the tip line.

Update: Police released a photo of a man taken on the Delphi Historic Trails on Feb. 13, around the time Abigail Williams and Liberty German were walking.

Investigators want to talk with him about what he may have seen. They would also like to speak with anyone who was parked at High Bridge Trail Head on Feb. 13, between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.

Anyone who knows about the pictured man or has any information is asked to call a special tip line set up for this case: 844-459-5786. Information provided will be followed up on by officers working the case. Tips can be submitted anonymously.

Last edited:
Nothing mentioned about it in DD’s notes.

If this interview took place after the girls were found murdered and LE was looking for a lead on the man in the photo, why would RA coming forward saying he hadn’t seen the girls? That’s not the purpose of the tip line.

Update: Police released a photo of a man taken on the Delphi Historic Trails on Feb. 13, around the time Abigail Williams and Liberty German were walking.

Investigators want to talk with him about what he may have seen. They would also like to speak with anyone who was parked at High Bridge Trail Head on Feb. 13, between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.

Anyone who knows about the pictured man or has any information is asked to call a special tip line set up for this case: 844-459-5786. Information provided will be followed up on by officers working the case. Tips can be submitted anonymously.
I thought the purpose of any tipline was for people to call if they'd been in the area on a given day / around a given time, no? Maybe he didn't see the girls, but perhaps he could talk about whatever he *did* see? Idk. Interesting idea to consider he may well have called a tipline BEFORE the kids were found dead. Interested to learn more about it at trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serge
Back