Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've walked on a similar train trestle bridge and yes, you have to slow down to pass someone... but you can if you leave about a foot in the center between you and the other person passing.

I'm scared of heights but I still did it when I was a younger man. Would never do it now.. my legs would shake uncontrollably jsut to walk out there now. My fear of heights has gotten far worse over the years.
I feel your pain, I am and always have been afraid of heights. An old bridge in that condition would have gotten a big heck to the no from me regardless of age. :eek:

I do not consider carrying a gun and a pocket knife a guarantee of "premeditated intent".

But it very well could be in this case.

We do a lot of trail walking in our area and I always carry both. We often get attention from dogs that are running wild. I also carry a couple of plastic grocery bags and a light cord to hang the bags around my neck should we come upon mushrooms we find interesting.

That being said, I believe that R.A. is our man and that R.A. didn't just 'happen' to come across Abbey and Libby.

Am I the only Nervous Nellie that is sure that the Defense Team is going to throw some huge major wrench in the works at the last minute to delay this trial, and that we’ll be on this carousel of beating dead horses forever and ever, discussing the same theories ad nauseum for 13 months, instead of a mere 13 days?

Talk me off the ledge, WS’ers!
I'm right there with you on the ledge and will bring a packed cooler LOL :D

While I feel confident the Prosecuting team have enough evidence to convict RA=BG, I do worry about more shenanigans from the D-team... we have come to expect it from them, unfortunately.

These clowns (youtubers) - for me - for this entire time - and my very HO - not a single one have been worth any keystrokes, any listening, any reading, nor any discussion.

Count me grateful that this case has at long last arrived at the moment where these ignorant pretenders and their self-dealing speculation have been officially rendered irrelevant.

Due to the Court's decision to block live public access to this trial, all are forced to follow journalists and consulting lawyers who know a fact from an opinion, and who actually comprehend what is going on in this trial.

Happy to take a cleansing shower and start over with zero premise. As a juror does.

Even artificial intelligence cannot turn one's criminal record into a bona fide for investigator or journalist status.

JMHO
Unfortunately I don't think the ignorant pretending and self-dealing speculation has stopped now nor will it for the foreseeable future regarding this case, but at least Judge Gull didn't allow it into the Courtroom.

The Due Process Gang has legitimate lawyers in their midst, so there's that. I guess we'll just have to individually find a qualified MSM journalist or lawyer we trust to report the truth and facts. I know where I won't be looking for mine.

MOO

My initial thought was he killed the girls because they laughed at his weirdness when they passed him and he went into a rage.

But then again, to have a gun and a sharp instrument also show premeditated intent.

I know this has been theorized on and off since the arrest of RA.

Of course anything is possible, but IMO I don’t really think that happened.

We know that “down the hill” is the end of the much longer video LE is withholding from the public, as Libby started recording him some 40+ seconds earlier.

To me that registers uneasiness or fear on her part, not ridicule.

Perhaps, just speculating—-since Libby was hoping to meet Anthony Shots, maybe she was upset to see this guy on the bridge instead and when he began to interact with them she had the instinct to record him.

I’ve taught thousands of 14-year old girls, besides the girls I’ve raised, and genuinely I think girls would be startled and anxious with this guy lumbering toward them, rather than mocking him.

I believe your impression is that first they ridiculed him and THEREFORE he went after them, but it doesn’t ring that way for me.

We shall all know soon enough come trial.

JMO

These clowns (youtubers) - for me - for this entire time - and my very HO - not a single one have been worth any keystrokes, any listening, any reading, nor any discussion.

Count me grateful that this case has at long last arrived at the moment where these ignorant pretenders and their self-dealing speculation have been officially rendered irrelevant.

Due to the Court's decision to block live public access to this trial, all are forced to follow journalists and consulting lawyers who know a fact from an opinion, and who actually comprehend what is going on in this trial.

Happy to take a cleansing shower and start over with zero premise. As a juror does.

Even artificial intelligence cannot turn one's criminal record into a bona fide for investigator or journalist status.

JMHO
Only if the social media content creators don’t manage to get a seat as a private citizen (and I actually hope they do not!!). I wonder how early the general public will end up lining up outside the courthouse each day?

It
I know this has been theorized on and off since the arrest of RA.

Of course anything is possible, but IMO I don’t really think that happened.

We know that “down the hill” is the end of the much longer video LE is withholding from the public, as Libby started recording him some 40+ seconds earlier.

To me that registers uneasiness or fear on her part, not ridicule.

Perhaps, just speculating—-since Libby was hoping to meet Anthony Shots, maybe she was upset to see this guy on the bridge instead and when he began to interact with them she had the instinct to record him.

I’ve taught thousands of 14-year old girls, besides the girls I’ve raised, and genuinely I think girls would be startled and anxious with this guy lumbering toward them, rather than mocking him.

I believe your impression is that first they ridiculed him and THEREFORE he went after them, but it doesn’t ring that way for me.

We shall all know soon enough come trial.

JMO
Imo it is possible eve the State doesn’t know how the interaction came about. If the entire thing began with “DTH” on LG’s video then this may be all they have to go on. The only way they may know if the kids ridiculed him for sure is if the kids made a video or called or texted someone before they were ordered down the hill. Mooo. I hope we do find out what happened but somehow, I don’t think we will ever know for sure. The State may have some of it right, but I imagine there will be a lot they just don’t know. Even if the killer himself told the world “why”, I bet it still wouldn’t make any sense to us. Mooo

Only if the social media content creators don’t manage to get a seat as a private citizen (and I actually hope they do not!!). I wonder how early the general public will end up lining up outside the courthouse each day?
Good point.

IMO, the general public will watch this trial via legit coverage.

The "content creators" (perfect name b/c they literally are "creators" of junk information and fake facts) ... have a certain following ... that may or may not sustain. Which begs the question - what happens to their "followers" when their years of pushing fake facts to monetize the families' tragedy are exposed via trial? :cool:

That's just a rhetorical. (The answer is ... "poof".) JMHO

I do not consider carrying a gun and a pocket knife a guarantee of "premeditated intent".

But it very well could be in this case.

We do a lot of trail walking in our area and I always carry both. We often get attention from dogs that are running wild. I also carry a couple of plastic grocery bags and a light cord to hang the bags around my neck should we come upon mushrooms we find interesting.

That being said, I believe that R.A. is our man and that R.A. didn't just 'happen' to come across Abbey and Libby.

Good point!

I just carry mace in case we get attacked by a bear... although that would probably not works out well for us.

Where may I view a list of approved sources? I don’t want to report myself again as I did unthread to ask about if a screen shot to an ex parte filed on the 30th is ok sans link… and Twitter has an interesting post from a lawyer I’d like to share…
Can you send me a direct message (click on the icon next to your user name in the upper right hand corner) and let me see the screenshot? Also please tell me where you got the screen shot. Thanks

My initial thought was he killed the girls because they laughed at his weirdness when they passed him and he went into a rage.

But then again, to have a gun and a sharp instrument also show premeditated intent.
I've thought something along these lines as well. I don't believe Libby or Abby laughed at him, but maybe they giggled between themselves just as they passed him on the platform on the High Bridge. He then jumped to a conclusion they were giggling about him and saw red.

Carrying a knife and handgun for a guy in rural Indiana isn't as rare as one might think. I just don't believe this guy, married with a child, never in trouble with the law before, just decided one day to go out and murder two girls. Something happened to set him off.

If he confessed as to his motive while in custody, we will find out what happened at the trial.

I can not wait to hear his motive as I still believe he was meeting Libby that day.

It’s just to much of a coincidence that he arrived about 20 mins before the girls and he was prepared with a kill kit. Not only that he had concealed some of his face with a face covering I believe he said in an interview.

Moo

I can not wait to hear his motive as I still believe he was meeting Libby that day.

It’s just to much of a coincidence that he arrived about 20 mins before the girls and he was prepared with a kill kit. Not only that he had concealed some of his face with a face covering I believe he said in an interview.

Moo
I agree with you. I think he had a pre-meditated plan and went to the bridge with intent that day. I also think he very well may have had foreknowledge that the girls were going to be there, or at minimum, one of them.

I really hope to hear the phone conversation(s) with his wife etc. where he admits to killing the girls. I REALLY hope to hear that!

I've walked on a similar train trestle bridge and yes, you have to slow down to pass someone... but you can if you leave about a foot in the center between you and the other person passing.

I'm scared of heights but I still did it when I was a younger man. Would never do it now.. my legs would shake uncontrollably jsut to walk out there now. My fear of heights has gotten far worse over the years.

The only good thing about that bridge is it doesn’t swing. But if I were ever to cross it, which is doubtful, I wouldn’t do so while anyone was coming from the other way for fear colliding, accidentally or otherwise especially if that person showed any of indications of unsteadiness, including signs of inebriation. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen
Back