Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can not wait to hear his motive as I still believe he was meeting Libby that day.

It’s just to much of a coincidence that he arrived about 20 mins before the girls and he was prepared with a kill kit. Not only that he had concealed some of his face with a face covering I believe he said in an interview.

Moo
If he was meeting LG that day, then how was this arranged? The D tells us in Franks 1, FINAL DRAFT - 9.17 at 6.30 pm - Delphi Franks brief.pdf | PDF Host

1727817384505.png
So by what means would he have been able to pre-arrange? Unless he used some phone that LE never found and a username / profile they couldn't connect him to?

I can not wait to hear his motive as I still believe he was meeting Libby that day.

It’s just to much of a coincidence that he arrived about 20 mins before the girls and he was prepared with a kill kit. Not only that he had concealed some of his face with a face covering I believe he said in an interview.

Moo

I don’t know anything’s possible but for me it would be easier to imagine it wasn’t preplanned. RA was having some kind of psychotic and paranoid episode, wasn’t taking his meds, intentionally brought weapons to protect himself, on the trails something set him off in a rage about the girls even if it was that they were having a good time, jabbering and snickering between themselves, nothing to do with him but he thought they were making fun of him….rather than RA catfishing teens online solely for the sake of luring one (or two) for him to murder, to a place teens were known to hang out.

Hopefully we learn more during the trial. JMO

Last edited:
If he was meeting LG that day, then how was this arranged? The D tells us in Franks 1, FINAL DRAFT - 9.17 at 6.30 pm - Delphi Franks brief.pdf | PDF Host

View attachment 534705
So by what means would he have been able to pre-arrange? Unless he used some phone that LE never found and a username / profile they couldn't connect him to?
He had 5 years to delete any trace of his plans that day.

Also, I could be completely wrong, but it’s just so coincidental, and we know Libby was chatting to random people online that she believed were teenage boys. It could also be as simple as putting up somewhere on a social media account what the plans were that afternoon, and he was following her account.

She had done a hard reset as well on her phone, so a lot of evidence was likely lost, I believe, a few days prior.

Moo

If the defense don’t throw a spanner in the works is anybody on the thread planning to attend?
I am trying to get there.

I am recovering from surgery and my Post-OP appt is next week so hoping I am released medically.

I have been told by locals that it will be hard to get into the courtroom as it is small and limited capacity, but if I can at least get in one day (hoping for a week) then it will be worth it to me to get there.

Moo
1000% Agree

If RA came onto the trails with a sharp instrument and a loaded gun but left his phone in his car or home then I am going to presume this was premeditated to a degree.
From my understanding his wife was away and he had the day to himself. I believe he knew the trails would have some teenagers on it as it was a day off school and unseasonably warm. I think his motive is pretty clear considering the girls were partially/fully undressed.
I don’t think the victims did anything to “set him off”.
JMO

The only good thing about that bridge is it doesn’t swing. But if I were ever to cross it, which is doubtful, I wouldn’t do so while anyone was coming from the other way for fear colliding, accidentally or otherwise especially if that person showed any of indications of unsteadiness, including signs of inebriation. MOO
When we went there (to Delphi for fundraiser and to the trails and bridge), we were told by family and locals that it is kind of an "unwritten rule" or "common courtesy" that you do NOT pass others while on the bridge.

You WAIT until they get across if you are going the opposite way across it.

There were NO railings, there were missing planks and some rotted planks to walk across.

I would imagine locals and others who have been there before, would adhere to that.
JMO and discussed while I was there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manga
Back