Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have posted before asking the question if it was possible BG were at the other end of the bridge (DTH side of the bridge) when the girls' came up and he passed them on the bridge and then turned back around to come after them.

BG definitely was behind Abby in LG's video but was Abby still where she was as depicted in the Snapchat picture or did she move perhaps to the other side of Libby?

LG's video starts at 2:13 p.m. and ends at 2:14 p.m. I have heard the time of 2:07 p.m. in regards to one of the Snapchat pictures taken by Libby.
Is this accurate?

Does anyone know the exact time of the Snapchat pictures? The one of the bridge and the other one of Abby walking on the bridge?

I ask because you can't see anyone in the distance behind Abby in the Snapchat picture of Abby walking on the bridge.

I thought it was 2:05 of just the bridge and then 2:07 of AW.

I can see why the catfishing creating a strong suspicion against the catfisher, but I actually don't think it is coincidental against anyone else.

First, it seems highly unlikely to me that catfisher would share with RA, unless they were criminal associates in that enterprise but we know there is no evidence of it, and if they were, catfisher would have cut a deal for that testimony. So at best that leaves some kind of random sharing, which i find highly unlikely.

Second. there is a human tendency to what to relate two suspicious events so that one must cause the other. But this heuristic is often wrong. For instance, if you look at all teenage girls getting catfished today what is the chance one has a fatal car accident revealing the catfishing? The two events are obviously unrelated, but one leads to the reveal of the other

So this feels suspiciously unlucky from Libby's POV, but if you look at it from the POV of all catfishers in the US, there is actually a reasonable chance one gets revealed in this way.

MOO
Your logic makes sense, but I just can't let go of the nagging pit in my gut that there was some type of catfishing done by someone to lure Abby and Libby there that day.

I know gut instincts aren't always logical, but that's what I have here. :oops:

JMO

Someone can prepare to commit a crime not knowing yet their intended target(s).

Israel Keys is said to have left kill kits in various places.
He was an evil one, devoid of any emotion IMO. Like RA he was low key, but respected and liked in his small town.

He actually asked for the DP and agreed to confess his crimes for it. He committed suicide in jail before he could finish. It just goes to show how totally random a killer can be.

MOO

He was an evil one, devoid of any emotion IMO. Like RA he was low key, but respected and liked in his small town.

He actually asked for the DP and agreed to confess his crimes for it. He committed suicide in jail before he could finish. It just goes to show how totally random a killer can be.

MOO

One of the most disturbing and demented things I have ever heard/seen is IK sewing his dead victim's eyes open and taking a picture of her with a newspaper with a current date to try to portray to her family that she was still alive. So sick.

When the other (4) girls saw him, he was already on a mission or at least he seemed to be. Had a scarf or something over the mouth area, didn't return a greeting and went boldly on his way, so I remember. Near the Freedom Bridge, where he met these girls, he seemed to be focused on his way to MHB and only that. So I assume, at that point his goal was already fixed: going to MHB and expecting there 2 girls namely Abby and Libby - who ever had him told it. I believe, his plan had already been decided. It wasn't neccessary to ridicule him. If it indeed happened, it wouldn't have made things worse. IMO
I wonder if when BB saw him on that first platform he was out there looking down under the bridge because he heard voices (FSG's couple of arguing people)? I still can't get a pre-planned meeting out of the picture. Then he heard the girls coming towards the bridge as BB left? Just some thoughts

Someone can prepare to commit a crime not knowing yet their intended target(s).

Israel Keys is said to have left kill kits in various places.

Still doesn’t explain why he was so focused on Libby though. It seems personal to me and I will see what comes up at trial on why that was.

Moo

Still doesn’t explain why he was so focused on Libby though. It seems personal to me and I will see what comes up at trial on why that was.

Moo

In the beginning, I thought Libby was the target because of the leaked texts that got out regarding the alleged condition of their bodies.

I noticed when I first started posting here there seemed to be a common agreement between posters here that Libby was the target.

Could you share why you believe this to be the case?

Thanks. If accurate, I wonder where BG was in the picture of Abby walking on the bridge? He had to get from the bench or wherever he was onto the bridge and walking up behind them within six minutes.

I don't think so because wasn't the video of BG was taken at 2:13 PM? He could easily walk across the bridge in less than 6 minutes.

So at approximately 2:09 by my thinking, BG was probably back in the slight bend of the trail to the NW and looked back to see nobody else was coming from his back...before moving briskly across the bridge to trap the 2 girls where he was videoed at 2:13

In the beginning, I thought Libby was the target because of the leaked texts that got out regarding the alleged condition of their bodies.

I noticed when I first started posting here there seemed to be a common agreement between posters here that Libby was the target.

I believe there has been talk about a physical resemblance between Libby and RA's daughter.

I don't think so because wasn't the video of BG was taken at 2:13 PM? He could easily walk across the bridge in less than 6 minutes.

So at approximately 2:09 by my thinking, BG was probably back in the slight bend of the trail to the NW and looked back to see nobody else was coming from his back...before moving briskly across the bridge to trap the 2 girls where he was videoed at 2:13

Yes. It was 2:13 p.m. when Libby started recording. If the picture of Abby walking on the bridge was taken at 2:07 p.m. then that would be six minutes.

If it only took the girls' two minutes, from the first photo of just the bridge, to the picture of Abby walking, then yeah I could see BG coming up behind them from the trail to the bridge to the start of the video within six minutes.

Thanks. If accurate, I wonder where BG was in the picture of Abby walking on the bridge? He had to get from the bench or wherever he was onto the bridge and walking up behind them within six minutes.
He could have started over right after AW's picture was taken. The families got to listen to the audio, we've only heard about snips. They did mention some girl talk too so they may have made other short recordings on the approach to MHB and while crossing?

Yes but during trial the D can try to show proof. The judge put that in her ruling, they can still try to show proof during trial. Is that just for the SODDI stuff or the confessions too?

I thought that was only related to third party suspects. Allowing the DT the opportunity to show proof (if they can) regarding evidence of third party suspects.

I believe there has been talk about a physical resemblance between Libby and RA's daughter.

I think Libby was treated differently in the murders because she resisted him more. I think she was the one that probably started the two girls running across the creek where BG eventually caught up with them on the steep bank.

I think his rage was directed more at Libby for probably yelling RUN or motioning to Abby to run.

I personally don't think that it was in his plan to march them across Deer Creek. I think they bolted on him... I think his real plan was to walk them on the gravel road underneath Monon High bridge and then up that other small creek (Bridge Creek). I think his plan was to then to wade back across to get close to his car. <But forgive me, this all might just be an overactive imagination on my part.

Last edited:

I think it was partially due to Libby’s more extensive injuries and the way in which each was redressed or not. That’s not my opinion though. The unusual way Abby was redressed IMO is not the act of a deliberate and methodical killer, instead it’s an indication of mental unwellness. IIRC the other reason is it was reported RA apologized for murdering Abby but not Libby. MOO

There are multiple reasons why I believe Libby was the main target that day. This is off the top of my head. I am sure there are more but it’s what I can remember at the moment.

1) His daughter looks like Libby

2) The brunt of the rage that day seems to have been aimed at Libby going by the wounds.

3) He dressed Abby but left Libby nude, which is degrading.

4) He apologized for killing Abby but didn’t say the same about Libby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971
Back