Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Vinnie Politan with Gray Hughes and Barbara McDonald
-GH states in the video that the bullet was found the first day.

Vinnie Politan dissects the killing of Abby Williams and Libby German and the accused murderer, Richard Allen. He discusses the upcoming chance of a fair trial and whether Allen is the perpetrator. (10/03/24

I was a little concerned listening to this because Mr. Politan and the guest experts seemed to think RA won't be getting a fair trial because of the judge's rulings and that the crazy theories and suspects of the defense were legitimate. Then they got to the part about the judge ruling no cameras in the courtroom during RA's trial. They seemed to think it was a radical and unusual ruling for the judge to make. In reality, its a common ruling these days when it comes to sensational murder cases that have received extensive coverage on tv and social media.

There are zillions of social media "influencers"/s out there trying to get rich on sensational coverage of attention grabbing murders and trials. It's more difficult than ever to avoid defense attorneys attempting to taint jury pools and jurors once trials are underway. Jury nullification is a huge risk when too much media and social media is involved.

I noticed during the trial of George Wagner IV for the Rhoden Family murders that so many reporters and "influencers" were suddenly pushing fake conspiracy theories claiming to exonerate the defendant. It looks like the same thing is going to happen for RA's trial. My theory is that tv shows, you tubers, etc. take aggressive stands defending killers because it gets more clicks, raises more revenue.

For the sake of the Constitution, I’ll say that Todd Click is innocent until proven guilty.

Now for how I see this development…a man who is allegedly testifying about a case is suspected of falsifying records in his actual profession.

Therefore, as so many of you have said, this man’s words cannot be taken at face value. He has allegedly demonstrated that he is a fantasist who has fabricated vital information in his field.

His testimony being rescinded makes me believe there is credence to the accusations against him. To create falsehoods in such a crucial profession as his gives me zero reason to believe his testimony in anything else he has to say.

Not only has he wasted the court's time, wasted the attorneys’ time, wasted the judge’s time, but more grievously he has forced Abby’s and Libby’s families to waste their time in seeking justice.

Then, egregiously, there are vulnerable children under his purview whose well-being was denied, because they were not given the attention that was necessary to ensure that they were in safe circumstances.

Just appalling on so many levels.

IMO

I must constantly remind myself that criminal cases are brought by the State.

What happened to Abby and Libby is awful, horrific, tragic, terrifying, all the words. There is no justice that can bring them back.

That's not what trials are. Trials are about justice for the State, justice for the defendants. Justice, if RA is BG, I sincerely hope he gets his justice -- a fair trial, a jury of his peers and LWOP. That's what this is about -- the legal test for withdrawing a US citizen's right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

No question this was an unthinkable, unfair, outrageous, devastating crime against AW and LG's family and loved ones. From a legal standpoint, it is unequivocally a crime against the State.

You can't have a civilized society where a young-to-middle-aged man (as seen in BG) accost two little girls at gunpoint, force them to undress, and murder them. It's grossly incongruent, and the State is exercising the law to make surethe party they believe responsible can never do it again.

For this heinous crime against those precious girls, for his crime against the State, against order and civility, for his crime against humanity, may the murderer forever lose the privilege of walking among.

JMO

And that system comes from a very long sociological history, spanning centuries, of individuals, groups and communities coming together to establish common laws and justice systems. The purpose then was to bring some sort of order, safety and productivity to communities. It's a very old tradition, based on the desire of communities to provide safe, civil, productive societies where everyone's rights are respected and citizens protected. Without some order, its social chaos. Civilization is a good thing. JMO It's the reason for all of this and it didn't evolve overnight.

snipped from your post

BettyP said:
There are zillions of social media "influencers"/s out there trying to get rich on sensational coverage of attention grabbing murders and trials. It's more difficult than ever to avoid defense attorneys attempting to taint jury pools and jurors once trials are underway. Jury nullification is a huge risk when too much media and social media is involved.

Just a reminder - this jury will be sequestered per my notes.

And that system comes from a very long sociological history, spanning centuries, of individuals, groups and communities coming together to establish common laws and justice systems. The purpose then was to bring some sort of order, safety and productivity to communities. It's a very old tradition, based on the desire of communities to provide safe, civil, productive societies where everyone's rights are respected and citizens protected. Without some order, its social chaos. Civilization is a good thing. JMO It's the reason for all of this and it didn't evolve overnight.
Yes to everything you said BettyP and I'd just like to add that the web is a wonderful thing too, full of wonderful help, information and inspirations BUT like society it also falls victim to those that would twist it into something crass, disparaging and dangerous. So you add that in big doses to our justice system and it's made vulnerable for terrible things. MO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89
Back