Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I watched the video that the moderator of the FB group made. She popped up in my feed, and of course, I wanted to hear what she had to say. She offered the information as first person. She heard it. I can't vouch for the truth of the statement or even her integrity. I am a member of the group, but I rarely visit so I know little about her. She is well-loved by the members. I have noticed that. The video is probably still there.

I have followed this case from the very start. My first thought when the girls were reported missing is they went on short runaway excursion, like an unauthorized sleepover at someone's house. My family does not share my interest in true crime, yet even they know who Bridge Guy/BG is because the case captured my interest so much.

And one point I was convinced BG was that other heinous criminal (I don't recall his name and don't need to be reminded - he's behind bars and best forgotten).

I've left this thread for long stretches, but.....WOW, am I grateful the trial is about get underway.

I'm ready know what happened that day.

Rest in peace, girls.

jmo

Like TMS or not, at least they had the common decency to speak with KA through her attorney before publishing and commenting on rumor.

They certainly did not have to, they didn't start it to begin with. It was circulated by those extra special Internet Cranks and FB woohoos.

Kudos to TMS for rising above the dregs and allowing dialogue from an accused child killer's wife, who is also a victim of RA IMO.

MOO
About that common decency, KG directly broke a rule of professional responsibility in contacting RA. See Model Rule of Professional Conduct 4.2:

In representing a client, a lawyer shall not communicate about the subject of the representation with a person the lawyer knows to be represented by another lawyer in the matter, unless the lawyer has the consent of the other lawyer or is authorized to do so by law or a court order.

She does appear to lean toward the defense's side of things though. Imo.
RSBBM
Possibly, but no more so than MS toward the prosecution I would counter :).
Eta: Perhaps it is her love of “due process?”

Last edited:
@NewsyBarbara

#DelphiMurders In a statement to CourtTV, Kathy Allen responds to online reports she considers her marriage over, and believes Richard Allen's confessions...more

Here's a portion of the statement from David Cloutier, Attorney for Kathy Allen.

View attachment 536406
Strongly reminds me of the non-defense defense statement that Bryan Kohberger's family put out after his arrest.

Interesting use of quotation marks: "believes".

I think it's pretty pathetic that she had to do that at all. To have to fork out $$$ to hire an attorney to answer some internet crank has me smh.
There is another possibility, IMO. There is arguably a possibility that after that very hard court day, with all of the confusion and ensuing stress, KA MIGHT have had a meltdown in the parking lot. She might have been 'over it' and wanted to be done with this mess, and maybe she did blurt out some things that were heard by others around her?

And then later, after some things were posted online about it, the Defense team wanted to do some emergency PR and crafted this public statement. I think that's a viable possibility.

One reason I think this is a possibility is because there was more than one witness to the alleged outburst. So I don't believe the story was made up by an 'internet crank.' JMO IMO

It is MOO KA has not in any way violated the gag order.

Do I think it was wise or necessary for her to address the rumors? no.

But my anger is reserved for the man I believe killed Abby and Libby. Richard Allen, justice is coming for you sir. There is no avoiding it.

MS contacted KA and RA, neither responded. KA’s attorney contacted MS.
Attorney spoke about rumor/nothing regarding case.
KA’s attorney is providing free legal (pro bono) services to KA, they met through an acquaintance.

Questions and things I am curious about: What about attorney-client privilege? Isn’t this confidential communication between attorney and client?
Why would attorney release a statement? Was it waived by client?

Additionally, why even bother to address a rumor? Once everyone see KA presence in the courtroom, there’s the answer… she still supports her person, which is her right. moo

Once everyone see KA presence in the courtroom, there’s the answer… she still supports her person, which is her right. moo
RSBM
Why address the rumor? Because the rumour persists despite the fact that KA has supported him throughout by attending hearings. Sadly, this rumor that persists has been repeated here. That is most likely why it is being addressed not to mention the fact that MS were the ones who lit this fire by contacting both KA and RA! JMHO

About that common decency, KG directly broke a rule of professional responsibility in contacting RA. See Model Rule of Professional Conduct 4.2:
Snipped for clarification... Wouldn't this only apply if KG was representing a party to the case? Or does this mean no lawyer can contact anyone that has representation?

I can't think of any benefit it would be to RA and his family to spread a rumor like that.
I was thinking the same but then thought, it might be something cooked up by RA's defense lawyers. According to the letter from her lawyer, read by MS, she was referred to him by another lawyer. It doesn't hurt RA's case with prospective jurors to hear, right before voir dire starts and the defense makes a statement to them, that RA's wife is standing by her man. AJMO, Just a thought.

Last edited:
Snipped for clarification... Wouldn't this only apply if KG was representing a party to the case? Or does this mean no lawyer can contact anyone that has representation?
No, it applies; attorneys are not supposed to contact anyone represented by another attorney.

ETA: the comments section of the rule clarifies this. Further, when in doubt, an attorney should always err on the side of caution.

That's not how they said it happened.

"We reached out to KA herself, did not get a response. We reached out to RA and did not get a response. This weekend we actually heard from KA's attorney."
3:14 mm

I can't imagine the gall it took to call RA and ask about the rumor. SMH
I can think of a lot of galling things that have happened in this case and that's definitely not one of them. AJMO

I can think of a lot of galling things that have happened in this case and that's definitely not one of them. AJMO
Well, I disagree with you on that matter.

If this had happened to either of the other families, I would be just as appalled.

I watched the video that the moderator of the FB group made. She popped up in my feed, and of course, I wanted to hear what she had to say. She offered the information as first person. She heard it. I can't vouch for the truth of the statement or even her integrity. I am a member of the group, but I rarely visit so I know little about her. She is well-loved by the members. I have noticed that. The video is probably still there.
Were her statements recorded?

No, it applies; attorneys are not supposed to contact anyone represented by another attorney.

ETA: the comments section of the rule clarifies this. Further, when in doubt, an attorney should always err on the side of caution.
They weren't contacting KA nor RA about the case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns
Back