Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #198

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So in Lawyer Lee’s new video (she is an approved source for WS) she is stating that Richard Allen also confessed to killing his family and grandchildren.

What do you guys make of this? Do you think there could be any truth behind these confessions?

All just my opinion. (And Lawyer Lees)

JMO, but he must have been on some bad drugs that made him travel "off in space". :( Clearly his family is alive, and he doesn't have grandchildren (that I have heard of.) Lawyer Lee seems to be balanced with her reporting. JMO

Forcing a female to strip naked against her will is sexual abuse. Forcing two underage females to strip naked against their will is also child abuse.

With respect, IMO it’s illogical to ask what “BESIDES a naked victim and a re-dressed victim” made anyone think this was a sexually motivated crime…that right there is enough, IMO.

If I or my daughter or either of my two granddaughters or my niece or sister were forced to strip completely naked to keep them from running away, I would hope that any of us would run like crazy. My mother too, if she were still able to run.

The devastation and humiliation of this would be profound, but they would be alive. Not knowing Abby and Libby at all, but seeing Libby’s wherewithal to record BG, I wish that they did have that option to flee, even naked.

I don’t believe they were given that opportunity at all. Commanded by a gun being waved at them in order to coerce them down the hill, and forcing them to obey him until the final act.

JMO

Apologies to many posters here as I was traveling today and had to skim through too many wonderful posts to try to catch up.

ETA: @steeltowngirl
Just now saw your post above mine after I posted. Completely agree!!!

Good to know your thoughts even IF I may not agree. That's the beauty of debate... different ways of viewing things. MOO Also, it is far from being illogical.

In my opinion:

The hair = whose it is will play out later.
The big story here now is: It is not a RA match.

After all the stuff that child had been through, the hair she clutched in her hand did not belong to RA.
If the hair had no bulb, it could have been tested for mitochondrial DNA only. That might help eliminate people but not identify an particular individual. Maybe it didn't identify RA but it couldn't eliminate him either...so it's a nothing burger in terms of being really useful to either side? Just some thoughts.

The introduction of the hair in the manner extant was a clever move by the defense...allowing the mind to wander in all sorts of directions, yes?

No other evidence, or definitive statement, or explanation, or finality....just an open statement, probably intended to do exactly what I perceive it has done.
It's been the way they roll. MO

Someone with opinions on Delphi, but we know the maxim about opinions. We all have them. And none of us have special access to information on this case, not even him.

MOO

Eh....as a member of the Due Process Gang, I'd say Bob Motta does have an credible insider line on information about the case.

If an adult forces a child to strip, then touches them, it’s sexual abuse. Full stop.

Going with the suggestion that they were forced to undress to keep them from running - if true, then he had a purpose for forcing them to stay - sexual assault.

As to the hair evidence, that’s new to me. I don’t know why evidence was being discussed during jury selection.

jmo

I am fully aware of the definition of sexual assault, but thank you. This is a case that so many are divided in their opinions. I will be the first to say... I hate perverts, and especially when children are involved. None of us know what really happened that God awful day and I'm thankful I don't. For me, I cannot; and will not make the leap and pre-convict any man/woman of a crime without proof BARD that they are guilty.

All I am saying is let a jury hear all of the evidence and they can decide if he is in fact guilty... I won't! It's for sure, someone killed Abby and Libby, and hopefully they get it right. All MOO.

If the hair had no bulb, it could have been tested for mitochondrial DNA only. That might help eliminate people but not identify an particular individual. Maybe it didn't identify RA but it couldn't eliminate him either...so it's a nothing burger in terms of being really useful to either side? Just some thoughts.
Agreed! I think it's going to end up a nothingburger and is a Franks-like stunt of sorts to blow some smoke and try to prop up some kind of plausible defense for RA.

I will be floored if it turns out to be the Nancy Grace/Daily Mail cat hair. If it's an animal hair, that's a whole different scenario than the one D is suggesting right now, and not one that stands to benefit them in any substantial way, jmo. Depending on the circumstances of that hair, it might actually cause serious damage for the D, again, jmo. Why would they draw attention to it, then? I believe with this D, they still might go ahead and draw attention to it, jmo.

Think the sketches are going to be admissible. The disparities on those sketches don't help the P, but imo probably won't do any major damage to the P, either.

Agreed with posters that see no issue at all with this crime being labeled as sexually motivated. It certainly appears to be, based on what's known.

They could have possibly been waiting for the tests against Richard Allen’s dna to come back.
For years they couldn't get a DNA test for that? I doubt it.
In no circumstance whatsoever is a hair IN a murder victims hand that doesn’t match the suspect not a nightmare for the prosecutions

JMO
True, which makes me doubt the story at this point. Why didn't they highlight this in big bold letters in their multiple Frank's motions?

Last edited:
I am fully aware of the definition of sexual assault, but thank you. This is a case that so many are divided in their opinions. I will be the first to say... I hate perverts, and especially when children are involved. None of us know what really happened that God awful day and I'm thankful I don't. For me, I cannot; and will not make the leap and pre-convict any man/woman of a crime without proof BARD that they are guilty.

All I am saying is let a jury hear all of the evidence and they can decide if he is in fact guilty... I won't! It's for sure, someone killed Abby and Libby, and hopefully they get it right. All MOO.
The defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Absolutely 100% true.

But WSers are not on the jury. We can form opinions and discuss the case on a true-crime discussion board. We're all waiting to hear the evidence presented....and in the meantime, we discuss.

jmo

If Kelsei had that sweatshirt in her car, like a car sweatshirt, there when you need it (I keep a jacket, hat and gloves in my cat in the Winter) the possibilities could be many and random. JMO
Especially a sweatshirt left in a teen's car---kids tend to pass hoodies around and take turns wearing them.

Anyone know why Abby's date of death was listed as February 14th in her obit when Libby's was listed as February 13th?
It was clarified earlier by family---one family used date child went missing---other family used date child was recovered. There is no right or wrong answer really. It's an obit, not a ME report with TOD.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwen
Back