Active Search for Evidence taking Place Around Portugese Resort

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, although I was thinking more of disposing of evidence than of the body itself.

What kind of evidence would remain for 7 years and still provide a link to Madeline?
They can be vague or as wishy washy as they want, but they're looking for poor little Madeline's body.

I'm cautiously optimistic they'll find her.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of evidence would remain for 7 years and still provide a link to Madeline?
They can be vague or as wishy washy as they want, but they're looking for poor little Madeline's body.

I'm cautiously optimistic they'll find her.

All IMO

Her clothing or blankets, for one thing.

Also evidence of where her body might have been for a time. Some of what's been said about trace evidence makes me think that that's more what they have in mind.

Her clothing or blankets, for one thing.

Clothing or blanket...even if it could be positively linked to Madeline, would prove nothing. No way are they doing all this to find clothing or a blanket. IMO
They're looking for a body. IMO

If you are in the UK, watch Channel 5 tonight (now!) from 9pm for MMcC docu.

It was, but

1. it was dark
2. the land was fenced off
3. they were looking for a LIVE child who literally could not have got up there on her own

They thought the M's disposed of her very early in the investigation, that place should have Been search throughly. This just makes the PJ look more incompetent if that's possible.

I think Anthony Woodward confessed in March and its taken this long to follow up because of Portugel laws. I can't find a pic. of him online. But he was a child rapist, and in the area. I think he called his employees for help and that's how he was busted. I think the M's know all of this and are laying low because of the media circus that will no doubt erupt. Moo

We've mused for years about the dogs having scented cadaver odor in a car rented several weeks after Madeleine 'disappeared'. It seemed so unlikely that she could have been moved. Now, suddenly, within a day of beginning to dig, they have homed in on a spot- a spot with a conveniently located sheet of corrugated metal- where there may be some evidence. Someone who knows something has talked. Or, possibly, the file held by the High Court has evidence which points to the place they are digging. I am optimistic!

Agree, LE would have some info to lead them to search that particular area. I don't imagine they would randomly go to that area.

They are searching this area based off the fact that a man was seen carrying a child who resembled madeleine In this direction. Later in the investigation this man was named by the family who saw him as Gerry mccann...

When Madeleine disappeared, was the hotel room locked (wondering if they can be unlocked with a credit card)? Was the room on first floor and were windows easily accessible and/or unlocked?

They are searching this area based off the fact that a man was seen carrying a child who resembled madeleine In this direction. Later in the investigation this man was named by the family who saw him as Gerry mccann...

Did they identify him 'AS' Gerry mcCann or did they say he 'looked like' Gerry mcCann?

I hope somebody can summarize for those of us in other parts of the world!
Thanks!

They will probably put it up online at some point tomorrow .. I'll have a look out for it (want to watch it myself, but have already missed half of it), so I will post a link here if I can find it/remember to do so!

Not by a family, but one member of the family who also originally said it was a local not a tourist. If people feel strongly the M's are guilty why do some feel the need to post misinformation? I see it over and over and over. Just the facts ma'am!

I think that they know it had nothing to do with the Mccanns. To me this search has everything to do with an assailant not related or associated with the family.

Did they identify him 'AS' Gerry mcCann or did they say he 'looked like' Gerry mcCann?

Witness thought he looked and walked so much like Gerry he made the call after seeing Gerry on the news

Not by a family, but one member of the family who also originally said it was a local not a tourist. If people feel strongly the M's are guilty why do some feel the need to post misinformation? I see it over and over and over. Just the facts ma'am!

Iirc the wife said it resembled Gerry and the husband was like 90% sure.

What struck me about their ID was that they said that the reason they thought the man was Gerry was by the way that he walked as he carried a child. To me, body language and "carriage" are much better in terms of identifying someone than their vague appearance in the dark. Gerry looks like a lot of men from the British Isles - he is 5'10", 170 pounds, brown hair, medium build, etc. But the way a person walks and carries himself is much more unique.

What struck me about their ID was that they said that the reason they thought the man was Gerry was by the way that he walked as he carried a child. To me, body language and "carriage" are much better in terms of identifying someone than their vague appearance in the dark. Gerry looks like a lot of men from the British Isles - he is 5'10", 170 pounds, brown hair, medium build, etc. But the way a person walks and carries himself is much more unique.

Not carrying a child. Most people carry a child the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas