Found Safe Afghanistan - Sohail Ahmadi, 2 months, handed over a fence to US soldier, Kabul, 19 Aug 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE Baby handed to U.S. soldiers in chaos of Afghanistan airlift still missing | Reuters
ZQK2Y23UQFM3TCI3ET4OBWDXUE.jpg
BGOMMHA4DZLO3K54WQBXKM4XQI.jpg
R2J43V4XA5LFFFOIURUP5CFJK4.jpg

It was a split second decision. Mirza Ali Ahmadi and his wife Suraya found themselves and their five children on Aug. 19 in a chaotic crowd outside the gates of the Kabul airport in Afghanistan when a U.S. soldier, from over the tall fence, asked if they needed help.

Fearing their two-month old baby Sohail would get crushed in the melee, they handed him to the soldier, thinking they would soon get to the entrance, which was only about 16 feet (5 meters) away.

But at that moment, Mirza Ali said, the Taliban - which had swiftly taken over the country as U.S. troops withdrew - began pushing back hundreds of hopeful evacuees. It took the rest of the family more than a half hour to get to the other side of the airport fence.

Once they were inside, Sohail was nowhere to be found.

[...]

A U.S. government official familiar with the situation said the case had been flagged for all the agencies involved, including the U.S. bases and overseas locations. The child was last seen being handed to a U.S. soldier during the chaos at the Kabul airport but "unfortunately no one can find the child," the official said.

[...]

A State Department spokesperson said the government is working with international partners and the international community "to explore every avenue to locate the child, which includes an international amber alert that was issued through the International Center for Missing and Exploited Children."

[...]

I just saw this story and was about to post a link to an article. I wonder what happened to this baby? Somebody has to know something. Maybe he was handed off to another family who still have him. Hopefully, family and baby will be reunited quickly now that their story is in the msm.

NEW LEAD

International Amber Alert
issued by the State Department.

Praying that the new lead will reunite baby Sohail with his family soon.

Afghan refugee organization says they received 'very credible lead' in search for missing baby who was handed to US soldier during Kabul airport pullout

An Afghan refugee organization offered a glimmer of hope this week in the ongoing saga of baby Sohail — the Afghan child who remains missing months after he was handed to a US soldier amid the chaotic Kabul airport pullout in August.

Afghan Refugee Relief, a grassroots resettling organization, posted an Instagram update in the case on Monday.

"We received a very credible lead several weeks ago and we have been following it and forwarding it to the appropriate authorities," the group said. "The minute that it is safe to do so, we will provide you with a complete update, and God willing, happy news."

A spokesperson for the State Department told Insider that the government is aware of Sohail's case, as well as its latest developments, and is working with international partners to "explore every avenue to locate the child," including having issued an international Amber Alert.

More at link

NEW LEAD

International Amber Alert
issued by the State Department.

Praying that the new lead will reunite baby Sohail with his family soon.

Afghan refugee organization says they received 'very credible lead' in search for missing baby who was handed to US soldier during Kabul airport pullout

An Afghan refugee organization offered a glimmer of hope this week in the ongoing saga of baby Sohail — the Afghan child who remains missing months after he was handed to a US soldier amid the chaotic Kabul airport pullout in August.

Afghan Refugee Relief, a grassroots resettling organization, posted an Instagram update in the case on Monday.

"We received a very credible lead several weeks ago and we have been following it and forwarding it to the appropriate authorities," the group said. "The minute that it is safe to do so, we will provide you with a complete update, and God willing, happy news."

A spokesperson for the State Department told Insider that the government is aware of Sohail's case, as well as its latest developments, and is working with international partners to "explore every avenue to locate the child," including having issued an international Amber Alert.

More at link
Yes...yes!!! We need some "happy news" around here.:D Hopefully Sohail is safe & happy. He's so dadgum adorable! I'm making myself think of various scenarios where this is just a huge mix up or miscommunication b/w officials and organizations. My heart needs to believe that he's okay and being cared for by loving adults. TY for the update.

According to the Times, the child has been found and is about to be taken back into the arms of his parents, who have in the meantime taken refuge in the United States. The little boy, now six months old, would now be safe after also escaping an attempted kidnapping. A taxi driver from Kabul has taken care of him in recent months, reports the London newspaper. At the moment, however, there are no official confirmations on the identity of the child.

The missing Afghan infant was found after being entrusted by his parents to a US marine while fleeing from Kabul-breakinglatest.news-Breaking Latest News

Possibly found, identity to be confirmed

It is such a blessing that precious baby Sohail will be reunited with his family! I can't wait to read to full story. The article in the London Times is behind a paywall, but I found this article in "Ruptly," and translated it into English. I didn't register for an account, so it is only a partial article. There is a sweet video at the link of Sohail with the family that has been caring for him. According to the article, the family was at the airport, hoping to leave Afghanistan, but when they found the baby they decided to stay to take care of him. I do hope that there won't be a problem getting the baby out of the country, and I hope that the family will eventually be able to leave (along with the thousands of others who are trying to leave.)

Afganistán: Familia cuida abnegadamente a bebé separado de sus padres durante evacuaciones de Kabul | Video Ruptly

Afghanistan: Family selflessly cares for baby separated from parents during Kabul evacuations Afghanistan, Kabul Conflict in AfghanistanSocietyLifestyle November 27, 2021 at 12:16 GMT -08: 00Published Copiado de la página Afganistán: Familia cuida abnegadamente a bebé separado de sus padres durante evacuaciones de Kabul | Video Ruptly

Since August, a baby who was separated from his family during evacuations by US and NATO forces at Hamid Karzai Airport has been being cared for by the family who found him, as images from this Saturday in Kabul show. Hamid and Farima were seen lovingly caring for the baby, whom they named "Muhammad", surrounded by their three children, dressing, feeding and playing with him as if he were another member of the family. "We wanted to go to the airport with my brother because the situation in Afghanistan was very bad that day; people were scared, they all wanted to enter the airport and leave Afghanistan," Hamid explained. Hamid's intentions to leave Kabul changed when he found the baby at the airport, as he decided to take care of the boy until his parents were found. "We have been taking care of this child for three months. I did not sleep at night for him, I got used to him, and maybe I could not live without him," added Farima. The family contacted the Red Crescent and was able to contact the biological parents, who currently live in the United States. Thousands of desperate men, women and children tried to flee Afghanistan once the capital fell to the Taliban on August 15, 2021. Login to have access to the full text Copiado de la página Afganistán: Familia cuida abnegadamente a bebé separado de sus padres durante evacuaciones de Kabul | Video Ruptly

JAN 8, 2022
Missing Afghan Baby Passed To U.S. Soldier In Kabul Finally Reunited With Relatives: Report
An Afghan baby who went missing after his desperate parents handed him off to an American soldier over an airport wall has finally been reunited with his relatives five months later, Reuters reported Saturday.

[...]

After more than seven weeks of negotiations, and a brief detention by the Taliban, Safi finally handed the baby to Sohail’s happy grandfather and other relatives still in Kabul, reported Reuters.

The plan now is to reunite the baby with his parents and four siblings, who are now living in Michigan.

The Ahmadis were overjoyed their baby is now with relatives in Kabul.

[...]

The pictures of the cab driver and his wife handing him over are heartbreaking =*( but good to know little Sohail was so loved during these months.
I hope there's a way the families can stay in contact somehow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53
Back