AFTER the hearing - who do you find more credible?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

AFTER the hearing - who do you find more credible?

• The alleged survivor of sexual abuse?

Votes: 65 70.7%
  • The alleged rapist?

Votes: 27 29.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to y'all, the answer's no.

How much news do you actually read, tho? Serious question. You'll learn a lot more doing that.

Everything else is regurgitated and fed to us baby bird-style.

IMO
I think there should be either this one or that one. Otherwise, doesn't it seem like two thread on the same topic? (In other words, I don't want to be on one when all the action is on the other!)

:)

MSNBC Bombshell--BK texted friends in last month to deny the Ramirez story. Also it appears he knew about story before it broke. "Brett's team is asking me to do this, " said the woman who released the texts to MSNBC

BBM

What does the bolded part mean? Brett's team asked her to what? Release the texts?

How do you explain confirmation of Gorsuch, who had no allegations of assault or perjury. Do you think the country should ignore questions of assault or perjury? I did see a poll that large numbers of GOP are OK even if BK guilty of assault. Family values?
Doubt the left thought there would be another chance for Trump to nominate another justice, when Kennedy resigned they went into a panic mode, stop the nominee at all costs.
As far as the allegations who posted a poll that large numbers of GOP were ok with them, SNL? I seriously doubt that is true.
I don't buy Ford's testimony and I don't think the left cares one way or another if her claims are true or false, she is just a tool to use.
Ignore no but an allegation is not fact, and some still believes in innocent until proven guilty, allegations are being used by the left for political gain and that is wrong and in this latest case it is making a mockery of sexual abuse.

Doubt the left thought there would be another chance for Trump to nominate another justice, when Kennedy resigned they went into a panic mode, stop the nominee at all costs.
As far as the allegations who posted a poll that large numbers of GOP were ok with them, SNL? I seriously doubt that is true.
I don't buy Ford's testimony and I don't think the left cares one way or another if her claims are true or false, she is just a tool to use.
Ignore no but an allegation is not fact, and some still believes in innocent until proven guilty, allegations are being used by the left for political gain and that is wrong and in this latest case it is making a mockery of sexual abuse.
Deborah Ramirez? Not he said, she said but he said, they said. But I don't think any evidence would change your mind.

I am concerned about the Ellison allegations, any allegations of violence toward women. I understand there is an investigation of Ellison.
Democratic female senators pushed out Al Franken last year over less. I was critical of Bill Clinton perjury, unacceptable as president. Now I think the issue is perjury, not acceptable for any judge, certainly not Supreme Court. Flake and Susan Collins concerned about perjury also. Dems will have to investigate later if FBI doesn't fully investigate now
Franken was push
Deborah Ramirez? Not he said, she said but he said, they said. But I don't think any evidence would change your mind.

Replying to my own quote. But just to be clear - I do think BK was truthful when he said he worked his butt off to get into Yale. It wasn't the most eloquent way to phrase it, but I believe him on that point.

jmo
I believed that part as well. But the thing is, how many of us here did that? Worked our butts off in college. My husband and I both did, this was while we were both working and we’re raising our son.
I think he’s out of touch with the real world when it comes to the average person. I mean, why did he keep harping on that... and Yale. That and all his sports endeavors. I mean, good grief. JMO

Wasn't BK in the top of his class?

Sounds like he worked hard to achieve that.

So no one gets in because of good grades and high entry scoring?

So you think these are the only way Obama got into a prestigious college too?

Which method did Obama use?

Obama always retained grace under pressure. He never lost his dignity and decorum even when there were effigies of his hanging from trees. Michelle never cried and threw a tantrum when people called her horrid names.

“And if you’re very confident of your position, and you appear to be, why aren’t you also asking the FBI to investigate these claims?” Ranking Member Dianne Feinstein asked.

“Senator, I’ll do whatever the committee wants,” Kavanaugh responded. He noted that if the FBI reopened its background investigation to look into the claims, it would not reach a conclusion about whether the allegations were true.

Democratic Sens. Dick Durbin and Kamala Harris also pressed Kavanaugh about whether he would support an FBI investigation. Kavanaugh again said that he would do whatever the committee wants."

I believed that part as well. But the thing is, how many of us here did that? Worked our butts off in college. My husband and I both did, this was while we were both working and we’re raising our son.
I think he’s out of touch with the real world when it comes to the average person. I mean, why did he keep harping on that... and Yale. That and all his sports endeavors. I mean, good grief. JMO
I feel sorry for him and his family if he's being wrongly accused but he just didn't present himself well when questioned.

Every answer that wasn't a 'yes' - 'no' answer, started with "I was captain of the basketball team in high school."

Also, when asked about his drinking, he replied "I like beer, yes I drink. Do you like beer? Do you drink?" This wasn't about the person asking the question so it was almost embarrassing to listen to him asking that as a response.

I just read the transcript of hearing Thursday. BK was asked not just if he had heard of Ramirez allegations but if he had discussed the allegations and he said "no". Now there are 50 texts dating from July detailing how BK and his team tried to get Yale classmates to refute Ramirez story. Wow.

How do you explain confirmation of Gorsuch, who had no allegations of assault or perjury. Do you think the country should ignore questions of assault or perjury? I did see a poll that large numbers of GOP are OK even if BK guilty of assault. Family values?
Because Kavanaugh shifts the balance to a conservative majority

I just read the transcript of hearing Thursday. BK was asked not just if he had heard of Ramirez allegations but if he had discussed the allegations and he said "no". Now there are 50 texts dating from July detailing how BK and his team tried to get Yale classmates to refute Ramirez story. Wow.
Where can I see the texts ?

Why does one political side wallow in conjecture and conspiracy theories about the intent of the other side? The level of vitriol between both parties is like some sort of devil's triangle of hysterical drama, gossip-mongering and abysmally poor mind-reading.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member