aggravated waiting for the Aggravation phase #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, ok all of them and her methodical directs too.

What got me was the plastic semi-smile and faked "this is fascinating!" look on her face during the lengthy responses to her questions. Bet she's a blast at cocktail parties.

If a person had been convicted of 1st degree and truly had killed in self-defense, wouldn't they loudly proclaim the injustice and wrongness of the 1st degree conviction at the first opportunity rather than lamenting that her plea offer for 2nd degree was rejected and rather than claiming to want DP rather than life? If she believed in her self-defense claim, wouldn't she be focusing on how she will appeal to the end to get this (in her mind) incorrect verdict overturned?

that's why the self defense claim was ridiculous from day one. assume you're with your best friend/lover, and have no thought whatsoever that anything horribly wrong is about to occur, and then out of the blue you wind up getting attacked and killing that person in self-defense!!! how freaked out would you be? what would you do? run around frantically then calling the police in disbelief? probably. crying your eyes out. stunned.

how much of what Djodi does is consistent with that? None of it. Not one single action.

and then who would go to jail for 3 years before finally saying, "oh, wait. I killed him in self-defense." with still not one iota of sorrow, fear, or disbelief?

it never made any sense. it's incredible that the "theory" had to be taken seriously at all. it's mind boggling it took 4-5 months to prosecute. a total waste of time and money. even the defense team never even argued for an acquittal. absurd.

I don't think she was surprised at all. I think the DT thought they might have had a juror on their side who was leaning toward manslaughter based on the jury questions, though it was a long shot. Then, ouch, they ALL voted for premeditation.

The verdict was probably not in any way unexpected or all that shocking. She's not stupid. She knew what she had to work with which was pretty much nothing. And Jodi did NOT make it any easier.

Very true. Their client left a bloody palm print, hair and photos of herself at the crime scene. Then left a voice mail and an email for the guy she had killed. Then she lied to family, friends and the police....then takes the oath and lies repeatedly to the jury.

Now the client insults the vote for premed and further says they probably only voted felony murder "because of the way the law is written" .. Like she's been convicted of first degree murder on some sort of technicality :banghead:

I posted my opinion somewhere back but these threads move so fast I can't find it. The other day I heard a portion of the sex tape again and all of a sudden it jumped out at me. The point where JA says to TA, "remember that time I fell asleep in the chair by your bed?". I believe this is the conversation where she goes on to describe waking up with his p*&nis inside her.

Then a few days ago on Dr. Drew Sky Hughes was talking about how her and her husband had access to all TA emails after he passed and how they went through them over and over and couldn't really find anything. Then she said there was one where Jodi mentioned that she would be calling her lawyer. This was the first time I'd ever heard that and Dr. Drew didn't even question her further on this statement.

I think she was trying to blackmail him into getting back together or going to Cancun and threatened to charge him with rape.

JMO

I thought that Jodi was being passive/aggressive with that remark about the lawyer, and it sounds like something she'd say. A flip retort, a whatever to Travis.

I think the chair was where Jodi was taking the Travis photos from. Where is the rope in any of the photos Jodi? You can see her wrists and there are no nooses, and there is no joy, no passion for *advertiser censored* shots, and she was more than a willing participant in all of their sexual actives.

She was there to try to screw Travis and make it all better, to change his mind in the only way she knew how. I think she was always after Travis to have sex because that was the only thing she knew she could control. Travis was feeling used, and that was the dildo with a heartbeat remark.
Since Jodi bought two two packs of sunscreen the logical assumption is for a trip. Why spend money on something she didn't need on that trip up to Ryans? Jodi was packed for the Cancun trip. She had all she needed for that trip and she could of turned the rental in Mesa if she could change Travis's mind. She was going or he was dying if he didn't.

Jodi's mother says that Jodi has it in her head that she had terrible life, always the victim of abuse when she's the one that is the abuser. If she gets up on the stand and lies, I want Juan to show the jury her with Detective Flores (I'll let put his boot under my bed) and her telling of Jodi's craziness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuri
I don't understand why the Victim Impact Statements should be limited. The statements by CFJA during trial certainly were not. How could this possibly be fair?

Is she still a "Defendant"???

No, she's a convicted murderer. But all the fairness in "fair trial" is for the defendant. Any defendant, in any trial.

But IMO now that Arias is convicted of Murder in the First Degree, she should have to face the music as one so convicted. And that should mean that those she has wronged should be able to look at her and tell her how they were wronged. And for that to mean anything, they should be allowed to speak without being interrupted by the convicted murderer and/or her team.

ETA: Fair trial is to preserve the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. However, Arias is now proven guilty in a court of law. Yes, there are still court appearances to be had and yes, I do want the murderer treated according to the law. I just want everyone to finally quit walking on eggs around Jodi Arias's rights now that she is no longer "presumed innocent."

At the beginning of each court day, the judge would announce for the record that "the defendant and counsel are present..."

I would just love to hear JSS say from now on, "let the record show that the Convicted Murderer and counsel are present."

I just wanted to put up a link to JA filing for victim impact statements to be done on video.
I don't think there is any way that JSS will grant this motion, since the Alexanders have been nothing less than dignified and a class act through the entire ordeal.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kpho/KPHO NEWS/defensemotion.pdf

This really is just un-freaking-believable. Absurd. She horribly trashed their brother with lies...for eighteen days. Too bad for her. who in the hell does she think she is. What a coward.

Well, that's a good question. If I had to speculate, I think she spent way too much time with people who supported her (Wilmott) and not enough time with people willing to tell her like it is. JMO

Or everyone was afraid to tell FJA how the facts stood against her. :facepalm:

Not sure what happened in court on Thursday, but the only reason it is not starting until next Wednesday is because Dr. Horn was not available to testify on Monday/Tuesday (from what I read on here). In my opinion the only reason they are keeping her on suicide watch is to make her STFU.

I think we are giving her waaaaaayyy too much power and ability to control things. She does NOT have any control (at least over me :)

I am finally at peace and feel really good nomatter what the sentence. She got M1 and I am ecstatic. I am in the process of letting it all go and will no longer let her have any power over my life.

I have not been reading or posting much since the verdict ... just check in now and again ... well ... just cuz I love you all :heartbeat:. I really do! You're just the best and such a supportive (positive) group of people.

Just want to add that I have read so many sad stories on this site and there are just too many to recite. I hold you all in my prayers and thoughts. I have my own sad stories ... but they just don't compare. All of you sharing your stories have helped me put things in perspective and have caused me to think of others more. Travis has also done that.

Hugs to all of you.

BBM. Dr. Horn is busy Monday and Tuesday, JA is under Suicide Protocol, so she probably has to have a 72 hour hold and evaluations before she can go back to Estrella or Court. Sheriff Joe is the control over that. And I don't think for a second that JA is enjoying her 24 hour monitoring at Lower Buckeye in her paper clothes and concrete bed. She lost all of her "CONTROL" after her post verdict interview. I doubt she'll be able to do ANY interview while under the Sheriff's control.

Not at all. The dates for the MEs are often a bit odd
001 is CFJA

This is the ME

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
05/13/2013 8:00 AM
SUPERIOR COURT OF ARIZONA
MARICOPA COUNTY
CR2008-031021-001 DT 05/09/2013
Docket Code 012 Form R012 Page 1
CLERK OF THE COURT
HON. SHERRY K. STEPHENS C. McCain
Deputy
STATE OF ARIZONA JUAN M MARTINEZ
v.
JODI ANN ARIAS (001) KIRK NURMI
JENNIFER L WILLMOTT
CAPITAL CASE MANAGER
TRIAL MINUTE ENTRY
DAY 68
State's Attorney: Juan Martinez
Defendant's Attorney: Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott
Defendant: Present
Court Reporter: Robin Bobbie
12:47 p.m. Trial to Jury continues from 05/08/2013.
Court convenes in chambers with Counsel for the Defendant only.
Discussion is held.
12:53 p.m. Matter concludes.
1:00 p.m. Court convenes in chambers with Defendant and Counsel for the Defendant
present.
Counsel for the Defendant moves to dismiss the death penalty option.
IT IS ORDERED denying the motion.
1:14 p.m. Matter concludes.
1:16 p.m. Court convenes in chambers with Defendant, Counsel for the Defendant,
Counsel for the State and victim next of kin present.
Discussion is held.
IT IS ORDERED continuing the aggravation phase from this date to 05/15/2013 at 10:00
a.m.
IT IS ORDERED sealing the in chambers hearing not to be transcribed until the
conclusion of the trial.
2:02 p.m. Matter concludes.
This case is eFiling eligible: http://www.clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/efiling/default.asp.
Attorneys are encouraged to review Supreme Court Administrative Order 2011-140 to determine
their mandatory participation in eFiling
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/052013/m5764131.pdf

-----

To find MEs go here
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/
Type in CR2008031021

Or everyone was afraid to tell FJA how the facts stood against her. :facepalm:

Jodi wouldn't listen anyway.

IMO Wilmott and Nurmi seemed surprisingly clueless about how their defense was perceived. I think they could have used someone to tell them the truth and I don't think they had anybody. But maybe they wouldn't have listened either.

I am mostly a lurker and I try to stay caught up here, but I might have missed someone else discussing this.

There have been questions about why Jodi didn't kill Travis immediately after arriving in Mesa or why she spent 13 hours there.
Something said on Dateline last night made me think. in discussing the Mormon religion and its view on premarital sex, the reporter said that, according to Mormon beliefs, if a person engaged in premarital sex and did not repent, he/she would be condemned to eternal damnation (I am paraphrasing).
Could that have been a motivation for Jodi? Do you think she purposely had sex with him before killing him, ensuring that he had no time to repent and be forgiven?
I know that sounds sick and twisted, but it is Jodi that we are talking about.

:floorlaugh: OmG your commentary to your therapist was hilarious "what the ******ity F " I love how you write.

Glad you got away from him, real glad.

I'm very happy you didn't internalize all of that and you now enjoy the CHOICE of being an orphan. *hugs*

I saw a LOT of my ex in Arias' performance on the stand. It was slippery because the words she used weren't disrespectful or angry, it's the combination and intonation she used that made it so disrespectful and maddening, yet you couldn't pin her down to any specific thing because it was all hostile in such a passive aggressive way.

My ex was a sociopath. The really smooth kind: smart (double PH.Ds from Cambridge and Oxford; law degree from Stanford), handsome, funny, fun, exciting and he could *write* ... but he was always the victim, nothing was ever his fault, it was always something someone else had done or failed to do that caused him to fail, be late, forget something. He could be so condescending and snotty when I’d trying to explain why I was upset with him and somehow turned it all around so that, in the end, he's made the convincing argument that I’M REALLY THE ONE who actually pissed myself off.

He was so good at turning and twisting and distorting reality so that it ended up being all my fault. And he managed to do it using words that were completely reasonable and rational; no “furious” words at all. Just measured and calm. Like it’s me who’s the nutjob getting mad. “You are so angry with me, B. Your posture is so defensive, I just don’t understand ... I'm trying to hear you but you're making it difficult ...”

URGH. And when I tried to explain it to people, it even sounded to ME like I was the crazy one. My girlfriends would all roll their eyes and tell me to simmer down. Hah!! After about 6 months, they all got it.

One of my friends who is a shrink encouraged us to go to therapy because I was going completely insane.

After seeing the therapist for about 3 months, he and I and his kids flew to the UK to visit his family. (semi-disaster sigh) When we got back, he didn't want to go to the next therapy session. I went alone.

I sat down and told her we'd spent the 8 weeks we were away with his family. The first thing the therapist said was,

"Are they normal?" :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

She’d asked me to send her a few “incidents" that had caused problems.

This one was the best examples I sent to her of how he functioned.

And the entire relationship was like that until I moved out. Could not get out fast enough. And of course the breakup was completely my fault and I had been unwilling to commit. :rolleyes:

I don't understand why the Victim Impact Statements should be limited. The statements by CFJA during trial certainly were not. How could this possibly be fair? :banghead:

it's not fair. It's just another way for CFJA to try to run the show and to punish the family. If the videos are allowed, the jury will notice and IMHO will see the manipulation and give her the DP.

She will not hold herself accountable, she will not show remorse, and deserves nothing short of death.

IMHO

Mel

When the clerk of the court gave the felony/premeditated rundown, Willmott gave a Puggle head tilt....like 'really????'.....

I think it had something to do with the way verdict was read. Guilty of 1st degree murder. It went on to read 5 jurors voted for premeditated murder and 0 felony murder ... it was at this point the head tilt came (like how was it 'guilty' if there were only 5 votes for 1st degree), then it went on to say and 7 votes for 1st degree and 7 votes for felony murder.

I believe this was JW's reason for the head tilt.

MHO

I'm of the mind that she wants to see what they're going to say before hand so she can create her most "de-edifying" *snort* statement to the court, throwing everyone under the bus, and lifting herself up to Christ like proportions. Because EVERYONE is wrong about her, dontcha see? She's the one being persecuted because no one wants to take responsibility for MAKING her do what she HAD to do! :moo:
:floorlaugh:

Yes! And she is looking forward to seeing the pain on the faces of Travis's family and friends when they give their statements. Any pain or anger they show will confirm to her how powerful she still is. She will play the sympathy card by hiding (as much as possible) her glee and will try to give the appearance of reacting like she thinks a normal human being would react. But she is a transparent actress.

I posted my opinion somewhere back but these threads move so fast I can't find it. The other day I heard a portion of the sex tape again and all of a sudden it jumped out at me. The point where JA says to TA, "remember that time I fell asleep in the chair by your bed?". I believe this is the conversation where she goes on to describe waking up with his p*&nis inside her.

Then a few days ago on Dr. Drew Sky Hughes was talking about how [/b]her and her husband had access to all TA emails after he passed and how they went through them over and over and couldn't really find anything. Then she said there was one where Jodi mentioned that she would be calling her lawyer. This was the first time I'd ever heard that and Dr. Drew didn't even question her further on this statement.

I think she was trying to blackmail him into getting back together or going to Cancun and threatened to charge him with rape.

JMO

BBM. Was anyone else shocked that, right after Travis was found murdered, that CH and SH went into Travis' email and online accounts? I was. I could understand them giving LE passwords, etc., but they went in immediately. They could have screwed up the information by resetting time stamps or otherwise affecting the data. I thought that was a bad move, although I'm sure they meant well.

Then they gave the access info to LE who immediately locked down the data.

JW; she is also a supposed trial law training instructor. :floorlaugh:

:eek:

Hope she tells them about her brilliant questioning of Dr. D and how JW chided Dr. D about her unfathomable neglect in failing to question the murdered victim.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members