Aggravated waiting for the aggravation phase #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome! He impeached her a couple of times and pointed it out in open court concerning her never being a keynote speaker when he was doing it also.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I agree with all posts. I still think that whatever she was called out on the day she had to return to AZ to be back in chambers was instrumental as to what JM was allowed to say in closing arguments and the DT had to sit and take it and were never allowed to object. Whatever was discovered on ALV sure had JSS "ticked". She was quite snippy Can't wait until all those meetings are unsealed.

I am a first time poster and I have a thought/question. In his closing argument, JM called out ALV as lying during testimony. The DT never objected. I have never known of a defense "expert" allowed to be classified as this even in closing arguments. I am assuming that her entire testimony was impeached in chambers by JSS and that opened the door for JM to openly remark that she lied before the jury?

:fireworks: :Welcome1: :fireworks:

That exchange was amazing!! And then he finished with an "OKAYYY" that meant "Ha, you idiot. You digged yourself into a hole. Thanks!"
BBM

I love that translation! I'm going to apply it to his, "Sure, sure"

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

She definitely did outright lie at least once. When Juan was asking her if Travis said he was extremely afraid of Jodi because of her stalking behavior in an email, she said something to the effect of, "No, he didn't. No, he did not." She did not equivocate at all.

Then, she backed off a little to say he showed no fear behavior even though he said it.

Finally, she said yes Travis was afraid because of Jodi's stalking behavior.

I hope she got in trouble for that.

Welcome to the forum!

The DT even had to pull her off the stand to get her to answer the question honestly. She was on thin ice.

That exchange was amazing!! And then he finished with an "OKAYYY" that meant "Ha, you idiot. You digged yourself into a hole. Thanks!" He brilliantly got her to say she returned it that same day and to the same walmart. I was so surprised when Jodi had the nerve to shake her head during closing when Juan was saying how Jodi said on the stand that she returned it to that same walmart (which she did! countless times) and then Nurmi got up and tried to say she might have returned it to another walmart! :facepalm:

Plus, on her direct she refused to discuss Walmart with Nurmi. She testifies she drove to Salinas, waited to get her nails done then drove to Pasadena. Nurmi asked, "did you do anything else while you were in Salinas?"

Her answer was "I may have but it escapes me right now".

She knew the gas cans were the nail in her premeditation coffin.
Juan brought it out on cross, then she did go over it with Nurmi on redirect. Then Juan totally busts her after she lied about it on juror questions.

Does anyone remember the facebook/twitter message from Jodi in which she states that; "Justice for Travis would not be achieved by taking another life" or something like that? Funny how she went from that to "I'd rather have the death penalty."

She definitely did outright lie at least once. When Juan was asking her if Travis said he was extremely afraid of Jodi because of her stalking behavior in an email, she said something to the effect of, "No, he didn't. No, he did not." She did not equivocate at all.

Then, she backed off a little to say he showed no fear behavior even though he said it.

Finally, she said yes Travis was afraid because of Jodi's stalking behavior.

I hope she got in trouble for that.

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, and if I recall correctly Juan finally ask the judge (2 times) to have her answer the question, even then she did not. And then she and the defense team went outside, came back and that is when she finally said yes. Do I have this right, anyone? moo

Yikes! Morning came too soon.

G'morning everyone. Would someone please be so kind as to bring me breakfast and coffee?

Sure. What would you like for breakfast, and do you take cream, sugar, or both in your coffee?

Yes, and if I recall correctly Juan finally ask the judge (2 times) to have her answer the question, even then she did not. And then she and the defense team went outside, came back and that is when she finally said yes. Do I have this right, anyone? moo

Yup. The DT was probably like answer the question or the jury will get to see the actual text and, on top of that, they won't trust you anymore!

And wasn't he a roommate of Bobby Juarez, her boyfriend before MM?

This chick likes to keep it all in the family. :rolleyes:

Two of the things I will miss most in this trial are JM saying "Bobby Juarez" and the ever-popular "brassiere".:floorlaugh:

Jodi choosing to lie about those gas cans was pretty big for the prosecution! Lying about it to the jury was BIG! I'm pretty sure Mr.Martinez mentioned it atleast ten times during closing. Thanks Jodi!

Sure. What would you like for breakfast, and do you take cream, sugar, or both in your coffee?

Awesome. Can you give Tex-Mex a call for a recipe and prepare one of those yummy dishes? I'll drink plain water if you do that.

:D

Jodi choosing to lie about those gas cans was pretty big for the prosecution! Lying about it to the jury was BIG! I'm pretty sure Mr.Martinez mentioned it atleast ten times during closing. Thanks Jodi!

This woman wants to blame everyone else in her life for all her misfortunes and the fact that she is now facing death and just doesn't understand that she is her own worst enemy. The gas cans, along with the closet, SUNK her.

Two of the things I will miss most in this trial are JM saying "Bobby Juarez" and the ever-popular "brassiere".:floorlaugh:

It rolled like music off his lips.

And how about, "Let's get down, baby"?

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

This woman wants to blame everyone else in her life for all her misfortunes and the fact that she is now facing death and just doesn't understand that she is her own worst enemy. The gas cans, along with the closet, SUNK her.

Yes! She kept lying and making her lies more complicated! Remember her suddenly saying that the gun was in a holster? But man, she is a good liar. She lies without showing any sign that she is doing so. I never saw her nervous on the stand UNTIL the moment Juan told her Walmart had no record of a return, her eyes were wide open at that moment! Thank goodness she's not a SMART liar.

Yes! She kept lying and making her lies more complicated! Remember her suddenly saying that the gun was in a holster? But man, she is a good liar. She lies without showing any sign that she is doing so. I never saw her nervous on the stand UNTIL the moment Juan told her Walmart had no record of a return, her eyes were wide open at that moment! Thank goodness, she's not a SMART liar.

And when she realized Det Flores may have been wrong when he told her about the gunshot being first? Panic.

It's scary how seamlessly she moves from lie to lie to partial truth to lie again.

Does anyone remember the facebook/twitter message from Jodi in which she states that; "Justice for Travis would not be achieved by taking another life" or something like that? Funny how she went from that to "I'd rather have the death penalty."

Yes, and incredibly inconsistent for someone who claims to have killed an attacker in self-defense. Really? You want the death penalty for self-defense? It seems as obvious an admission of her guilt as we are likely ever to see.

I agree with all posts. I still think that whatever she was called out on the day she had to return to AZ to be back in chambers was instrumental as to what JM was allowed to say in closing arguments and the DT had to sit and take it and were never allowed to object. Whatever was discovered on ALV sure had JSS "ticked". She was quite snippy Can't wait until all those meetings are unsealed.

Question:

WILL those ever be unsealed? Like the following:

• ALV in chambers, reasons, was she impeached?
  • What Gus had to write down as to who was in the Car
  • The Ex-parte thing that took place last week with JA and her lawyers

Do we/will we ever find out these things....or do they stay sealed forever?

Thanks

Also.....

Special HUGS to CHIJOJO who just lost her Mom a while ago...

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member