Prosecutor Juan Martinez’s opening statement,
Defense’s opening statement (if they choose),
Martinez puts on evidence: Dr. Kevin Horn (medical examiner),
Defense puts on evidence, if they choose. (This is not expected.),
Instruction on the law by Judge Sherry Stephens,
Martinez’s closing argument,
Defense’s closing argument,
Martinez’s rebuttal closing,
Jury deliberates. They must decide if the aggravator of cruelty was proven beyond a reasonable doubt,
Jury's decision is a verdict.

Got to say the photos have always bothered me a bit in the back of my mind also. Not saying they were not taken that day, just feel like maybe Travis had nothing to do with them being taken. Just musing mind you...
Didn't she also imply she did not want those pictures taken (TA more or less made her do it)? Like one more thing to cover her arse should the need arise?

I could be wrong about that, feels like it has been years since I listened to her on the stand about the pics, I am still all about the gas cans.

Those photos have always bothered me and for some reason, I always wondered if there may have been some "memory card" swapping or something.

Just thought of something else....If we could ever get to see ALL the photos from the camera, maybe we could prove the memory card was swapped because it MAY contain pictures from before Travis bought the camera. Like from a place he or her visitted BEFORE camera purchase.

We need those photos to look at to prove it one way or another.
There were an awful lot of photos on the camera if it was a NEW camera? Hmmmmm

Well...I do enjoy a cheez-it now and then, but that is just being a good American.

Forget the Chez-It's! It's all about the Planter's brand Cheese Balls for me! The ones that turn your fingers all orange. I can eat a whole can of those in one sitting!

I have no idea of their age difference but NG has YEARS and YEARS on DrD....she has been stirring up reactions for as long as I can remember...way back to the start of the Court TV days at least.
Pinsky was born in 1958 and Grace in 1959.

Travis will never rest in peace until Jodi is dead. She keeps making up new lies. I hope the jury sentences her to the death penalty!

Not an advocate of the death penalty myself.

Then again...I haven't lost someone close to me at the hand of a murderer.

I could change my tune in that case.

But I hope my moral compass would continue to point toward what is right...not what is wrong.

Oh, I don't know...Cheez-its? Cheesy, crunchy...they're satisfying! No one can eat just one. Box.

Absolutely true. My guy and I go hiking and he is all granola and protein mixes. I am sneaking hot and spicy cheez its from my backpack. :blushing:

according to , Wednesday will go like this:

#jodiarias DETAILS WED COURT HEARING = Aggravator of Cruelty PENALTY PHASE:

Prosecutor Juan Martinez’s opening statement,
Defense’s opening statement (if they choose),
Martinez puts on evidence: Dr. Kevin Horn (medical examiner),
Defense puts on evidence, if they choose. (This is not expected.),
Instruction on the law by Judge Sherry Stephens,
Martinez’s closing argument,
Defense’s closing argument,
Martinez’s rebuttal closing,
Jury deliberates. They must decide if the aggravator of cruelty was proven beyond a reasonable doubt,
Jury's decision is a verdict.

From what I've read, the Judge then passes sentence, but everyone is saying it will be in a few weeks. Why the lag from the jury decision and the Judges actual sentencing?

Well then friend, welcome to The Club! :) You have passed a point to which you will never return :) I barely remember the days when I was unaware of the impact of actual trials would have on me. And then! I found Websleuths! OMG, the places you'll go, the things you'll see!

Your posts have been great and very insightful! You are going to be a veteran trial watcher/poster in no time at all! Hugs!

36157569.jpg

O/T (yeah, I said it) but there are better sources for late breaking news than a discussion thread about a trial that is on a six day recess.

:floorlaugh: Yup, and it's not HLN either....

I saw her look at and tap on her smart phone several times.

So, there's that...

Well, that IS something! Thank you. I just knew you could clear that up.
At least she didn't actively subvert justice for 100 hours like the DT's witnesses, e.g., ALV and Doc $.

I, for one, would love to find a breakdown of who all got paid and how much they got paid to do exactly WHAT with AZ's taxpayers' money. I'm not talking about legitimate expenses for a fair trial, but out-of-control and flagrant squandering of resources in this particular DP case.

That's a pretty bold assertion. How would you know that?

I was actually thinking just the opposite, I think Travis was such a good, religious human that he has actually forgiven her. From what I've heard about him. Some people believe the only way to move on is to forgive.

From what I've read, the Judge then passes sentence, but everyone is saying it will be in a few weeks. Why the lag from the jury decision and the Judges actual sentencing?

I think it's because there's another phase, Mitigation. Although Jodi seems to recognize that she HAS no mitigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member