Aggravated waiting for the aggravation phase #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome! Great Q. And I do not know. I was surprised that JM was allowed to accuse many of the experts of lying. That is a huge charge to me...., the witness may be incompetent, bias ect. but to accuse them of lying was one of the reasons I am not a fan of JM. But the judge is this case also baffled me becuase I found no sense in her overruled/sustains on either side. I'm sure lawyers on this thread could see the rational..but I could not.

bbm

Who cares?

JM set out on a path to prove a point (many points, in fact) and he did. Travis Alexander was NOT butchered in an act of self defense but, in fact, WAS butchered in an (and by) act of pure hatred and fury by a person spurned by hom.

Wake up and smell the roses.

I applaud JM for his relentless pursuit to get to the truth and arrive at some modicum of justice for Travis. There will never be "closure" (I hate word) for his family but there will be some semblance of justice...and you can mark my words on that!

You know, I'm actually glad that Jodi is throwing Nurmi under the bus, as I think it means we'll get some insights into his dealings with Arias that we wouldn't have otherwise seen.

It's obviously not good for business for a defence attorney to attack a defendant after losing such a high profile case. But with Arias starting her blame game against Nurmi et. al, his hand will be forced to expose Arias for what she is; a lying, self-serving, manipulative nightmare for any defence attorney. Arias' going rogue with her decision to move forward with the post-verdict interview adds fuel to the fire.

I don't sympathise with defence attorneys in these cases, they compromise their integrity for a payday, and the harsh, personal criticism comes with the territory. I'd be very interested to hear Nurmi's side of the story - from his desperate pleas to remove himself from the case, right through to this point in time. I've got a distinct feeling that 10 out of 10 days was a more accurate description from Nurmi's encounters.

It is the attorney bound by the confidentiality oath. Jodi can pretty much say what she wants, but he can't. At least that's the way I understand it. Anyway, Jodi'll sink herself because she can't keep her documented lies straight. Something's added or changed in each interview.

I'm in a teeny minority, but really don't think Willmott/Nurmi did a bad job considering what they had to work with.

If I recall correctly, he also accused several other witnesses of lying and there was no proof.

Well....who would those other folk be? I do know he accused Jodi Killer Arias of lying when in fact, she lies and lies and lies. And since the DT had only a handful of Witnesses perhaps you "think" Juan accused "many" witnesses of lying because JA was on the stand for weeks. Yep, I'm pretty sure you're confused.:scared:

No, I don't know! Would you please tell me what the rest of you know? I go to the last page to read, and if...and that's a big if...I get to the end of that page, I keep reading back wards. My family and friends call every 5 dang minutes, or my husband wants to eat, or he wants to talk to me! Does anybody else hate when the phone rings?

I don't know either... Someone please tell me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is the attorney bound by the confidentiality oath. Jodi can pretty much say what she wants, but he can't. At least that's the way I understand it. Anyway, Jodi'll sink herself because she can't keep her documented lies straight. Something's added or changed in each interview.

I'm in a teeny minority, but really don't think Willmott/Nurmi did a bad job considering what they had to work with.

I think the defense did a fantastic job considering what they were handed... A steaming bag of poo

After playing catch-up and watching the Troy interview with Jodi Arias, I noted she contradicted herself: she says she wants the death penalty because she couldn't stand being in one place for the rest of her natural life. Then, she says she wanted to avoid trial (by taking a plea) and that she would have been happy going off to prison. WTH?

Where does she talk about Travis running after the naked little boy? I didn't hear that on any of the videos I watched.

Yes! she wanted to negotiate a plea for 2nd Degree Murder that carries a sentence of over 10 yrs and no more than 25. So she hoped for 12 years and 50% time reduction for good behavior, and out in 5 or 6 years.

Why would anyone agree to that, they knew they could get Murder 1 which they had overwhelming evidence of. You don't deal with murderers with that much evidence on the table.

Thats like her saying "you know I offered them a deal! but nooooo see what happens? now they have me for life, how did that work for them!"

um? pretty good I'd say...

(stupid naked boy story was on her Post Conviction Interview with Troy - part of the boat load of evidence she had on her side including eye witnesses that saw her beaten and bruised, but for some reason she said her side didn't call them to the stand LOL)

Yeah she also tweeted( per Donovan) the day before her conviction that this "disaster" could've been avoided had Juan and the family only let her plea. Pfffff! Disaster for whom Jodi??? Certainly not Juan or the family. She still thought she'd walk away with 2nd degree or less and time served. Where's Bryan Carr now???
Protecting Travis by character assasination, that makes sense, NOT!!!

Lol, earth to Jodi, the whole affair could have been avoided. Every day, millions of Americans, all across the country manage to pull off exactly that just by not murdering anyone.

This may have been answered but I can't find it. If Jodi absolutely refuses to attend court on the 15th, can they somehow force her to? I doubt they can just tie her up and drag her in there.

So, which is it? Little boys or little girls Travis was supposed to have a thing for? She can't keep her story straight.

BTW, I dressed up like a pumpkin or a bag of M&Ms before. Doesn't mean I lust after pumpkins or M&Ms. Well, okay (full disclosure), M&Ms have been know not to be safe in my presence.

In her interview after the conviction, Jodi doubled down on the pedophilia claim. She said something like "Travis fantasized about 12 year old girls, and that pretty much the definition of pedophilia." I've seen some posts here that seemed to echo that sentiment, and I think it's a huge leap to go from his words to any real sexual interest in children.

I'm reminded of the movie Groundhog Day. At one point, Bill Murray's character is trying to prove that he's reliving the same day over and over. He takes his producer through a diner and tells her intimate details about everyone there. When he gets to a woman he slept with, he introduces her..."This is Nancy. She works in the dress shop and makes noises like a chipmunk when she gets real excited."

It's a description, not a fantasy. Murray's character wasn't secretly into chipmunk sex, and Travis wasn't interested in 12 year old girls, even if he used an ill-advised way to characterize whatever sound he found appealing. Keep in mind that Travis never expected to die and have forensic experts combing through his computer. If he really saw adolescent girls or boys as sexual objects, there would have been some evidence of that.

I think the defense did a fantastic job considering what they were handed... A steaming bag of poo

Yep, and they had to do it in front of cameras. Gavel to gavel.

This may have been answered but I can't find it. If Jodi absolutely refuses to attend court on the 15th, can they somehow force her to? I doubt they can just tie her up and drag her in there.

Oh yes they can, and have done so before (with other defendants).

Yes! she wanted to negotiate a plea for 2nd Degree Murder that carries a sentence of over 10 yrs and no more than 25. So she hoped for 12 years and 50% time reduction for good behavior, and out in 5 or 6 years.

Why would anyone agree to that, they knew they could get Murder 1 which they had overwhelming evidence of. You don't deal with murderers with that much evidence on the table.

Thats like her saying "you know I offered them a deal! but nooooo see what happens? now they have me for life, how did that work for them!"

(stupid naked boy story was on her Post Conviction Interview with Troy - part of the boat load of evidence she had on her side including eye witnesses that saw her beaten and bruised, but for some reason she said her side didn't call them to the stand LOL)

I know! It would be like a professional athlete at a post-game press conference saying, "I offered to forfeit the game but they insisted on playing and winning, and setting the all time single game scoring record... could have have been avoided if they'd taken my offer."

First, let me wish all of the mother's out there HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

I had a patient today, 83 year old female, who happens to be a nun. I asked her if she wanted me to turn on the t.v. for her. She asked if the "trial" was on today and I said that it was Sunday so the trial wouldn't be on. She said "oh that's right". I asked her what trial she was referring to and she stated the Travis trial. I kinda chuckled to myself as she is 83 and a nun. Then she looked around the room to see if anyone was listening and said "I hope that ***** fries!!!!" I laughed so hard! :floorlaugh: She made my day!!!!

In her interview after the conviction, Jodi doubled down on the pedophilia claim. She said something like "Travis fantasized about 12 year old girls, and that pretty much the definition of pedophilia." I've seen some posts here that seemed to echo that sentiment, and I think it's a huge leap to go from his words to any real sexual interest in children.
No, that "sentiment" is not echoed on this board. What you have seen is that us mothers of 12-year-olds still think it was a disgusting comment, and that 12-year-olds should not be viewed as sexual beings whether they are physically developed or not. I think Travis's real intent with that comment was to tell Jodi just how fake she sounded. Obviously, Jodi was not 12. Noone here, myself included has ever alluded that Travis had any sexual interest in children- boys or girls. This is all Jodi trying to trash Travis's character. The braids and Red Riding Hood scheme probably all came from her too.

She'd be sentenced the way the penalty read in 2008 which was max of 21 years. Arizona requires inmates serve a minimum of 85% of their sentence. I can't see the prosecutor, Martinez or Judge Stephens agreeing to less than the max so if she served 85% of 21 years is 17 years 8 months and she will have served 4 years 10 months by May 15th of this month. So she would need to do another 12-13 years which would set her free around age 46.

No way the family or Martinez would agree to such a plea! Plus her premeditation was so clear...

Welcome home! That's great you were still able to watch it live.

I kind of want her to get life too...just because her significance as a news item will be much less than if she's on death row and filing new peals every few years. Plus I think it's hilarious to picture little-old-lady Jodi doddering around the prison 50 years from now, yelling at other inmates about "You kids today with your cheap sex and loud music...back in my day, you only let a guy you really loved in the back door."

Well I want her to get DP! I would like JA thinking about the day die for years to come. Now after about 10 years the court reduce it to LWOP. I don't ever want her loose again.

Oh yes they can, and have done so before (with other defendants).

OH yes, they will brink her in shackles and her jumpsuit and handcuff her to the chair. So she comes in upright with borrowed clothes, or their way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand