Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DARN!

The victims’ relatives may make a statement relating to the personal characteristics of the victim and the impact of his/her murder on his/her family. [They are not allowed to offer any opinion or recommendation regarding an appropriate sentence. Victim impact evidence is not an aggravating circumstance and you cannot consider it as such. Victim impact evidence may be considered to rebut the mitigation presented. You are to consider this information only for this limited purpose.]
http://www.azbar.org/media/58847/4-capital_case_instructions_revised_2011.pdf page 34

Only thing she has working in her favor in this (limited) list is her age.
Mitigating circumstances may include but are not limited to the following:
1. significant impairment
2. unusual and substantial duress
3. relatively minor participation
4. death not reasonably foreseeable
5. the defendant’s age.

Three reasons to give JA the death penalty

1. The way she slaughtered Travis. She didn't just shoot him but she stabbed him 28 times and slit his throat.
2. Terrible false accusations against him.
3. No remorse.

I have read that in AZ the treatment of lifers and DP inmates are basically the same. So yes, regarldess of the sentence, she will be locked up 23 hours a day. Don't quote me on that.

I also think that Jodi's fate in regards to the media attention and interest in her will be the same regardless of her sentence. Richard Ramirez has been on DR for like 30 years now and people have pretty much forgotten about him. I google every once in a while to see if they've killed the *advertiser censored* yet, but that's about it. I'd say there's more fascination with Charles Manson and he's a parole qualified lifer.

I don't think it will matter. Either way, Jodi will be forgotten in due time and until she takes her last miserable breath.

BBM = I so agree.....................Jodi Who?????
Justice for Travis!!!!!!!!

Sorry if I missed it, but has the Judge ruled on the DT's motion to not allow lack of remorse as a consideration in the sentencing? I remember the motion but haven't heard anything about a ruling so far. The motion clearly said that she will NOT show remorse, because no matter the verdict, she will maintain her innocence.

I could vote for DP. Which I find odd, as I am normally not an advocate.

In this case, regardless of anything else JA's total LACK of remorse is the sealing part of deal. When asked if she would do anything differently, she simply states she would go to the police instead of going to Utah. Not 'turn back the clock and not have TA dead by her hands'. She isn't remorseful that his family has to cope with what she has done, just that they can't remember him like they want to now that it has been 'proven' (in her mind) that he is a hypocrite pedophile.

No, she is definitely not able to part of society again in my mind. My only beef is that if she wants to get on TV and let everyone know she wants the DP why we have to even have the court time. Just take it. Go forth and wait your four years and be done with the crap. She lies about everything, including wanting the DP. She just doesn't get the fact that she is a convicted felon murderer as she sells tshirts and paintings. Its like another day in Jodi Park for her.

There is nothing to salvage here. She can't be rehabilitated. IMHO.

That beig said, I wonder if today her attnys will try to make it seem like she IS remorseful and if Juan can have the interview shown to the jurors. I bet unanimous decision on DP if they do. JA doesn't even realize she doesn't come across as the 'victim' but a cold blooded killer and if everyone...from to TA to her attnys'...hadn't made her do it she wouldn't be there.

K

There was a motion by the defense about blocking the state from argueing "lack of remorse" was this motion accepted or denied?

As far as implementing the Death Penalty in the Arias case, I have to say that I can find NO reason to NOT give this woman the DP. This woman has been a horror to her parents, her other family members, (Abusing her Brother, Sisters), she has abused animals, (Which is very telling since animal abuse has ALWAYS been a sign of murderers, criminals and my Granny always said "If you can harm an innocent, defenseless animal then they will harm people as well". This woman has also consistently lied to everyone, stalked people, financially ruined people, emotionally traumatized people, created chaos and havoc everywhere she went. Now, literally EVERYONE that this thing has come in contact with has been damaged in some way. Careers have now been ruined because of her, families destroyed, lives stolen and disrupted. I have tried to find at lest ONE redeeming quality about this person and I seriously cannot find even ONE thing. The Death Penalty is not only JUST in this case, it is warranted. Society has NO place or need for humans like her.

Sorry if I missed it, but has the Judge ruled on the DT's motion to not allow lack of remorse as a consideration in the sentencing? I remember the motion but haven't heard anything about a ruling so far. The motion clearly said that she will NOT show remorse, because no matter the verdict, she will maintain her innocence.

I was just thinking that! Great minds think alike right!? Ha. :floorlaugh:

Not only would I have no trouble with giving her the death penalty as a juror, I would likewise have no trouble actually administering the punishment personally.

...did you have to think about it first? or is it something that you feel that strongly about that you wouldn't give it a second thought?

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...as-back-in-court-as-jury-ponders-death-option
KNVX - Phoenix, AZ 5/15/13

Jodi Arias sentencing: Arias back in court as jury ponders death option

Ok, so now the articles are reporting Jodi as an aspiring photographer. When she was arrested some interviews stated she was a photographer.

I cannot wait as time goes by and the truth will be written as she wilts in jail.

Jodi Arias took pictures

Jodi Arias had a camera

Jodi Arias draws - no camera

Good Morning WS,

Judging by the amount of people posting this early, I guess we are all excited at what is to take place today.
I see the twit has been tweeting again. Everyone elses fault but hers. When will she get a clue this is all her fault.
Waiting to see her demeanor today and that of her team. Should be enlightening. I hope there are more than one armed guard with their finger on the stun button. They just might need to push it today...unless she is heavily and I mean heavily medicated.

She is trying to convince others that it was not as bad as Juan makes it appear. That somehow by tweeting she can diminish her responsibility for what happened. She can't hide what she has done and she was judged accordingly. Now is the time to be tweeting how sorry she is that all this happened and beg the family to forgive her for what she has done. Nada. She won't do it because she feels she was justified. That will never change. She said so herself, that the crime was heinous and whoever did this should get the DP. Law of Attraction at it's best.

so IMO I'll be sad not to see CKJA post DP interview with Troy but on the other hand I do not blame Sheriff Joe or Troy Hayden cuz CKJA is an adult AND SHE MADE the CALCULATED choice to call Troy (via 3way call btw??) to set up that interview.. KN & JW are a day late & dollar short in this motion IMO

Respectfully Snipped..
I have never heard this before (bolded)... do you have a link? TIA :seeya:

Please don't give her any ideas, Mrs. G. I can just hear her bustin' out in a revival of Jesus Christ Superstar, though I would pay good money to hear Nurmi belt out "Jesus must die," in his best baritone.

This is totally and completely off topic, but when I was a freshman in college, I lived in a dorm that was opposite an empty field. The whole time I was there, that field was used only one time, when the college had a marching band competition. They used the field for practice.

You really haven't lived unless you've heard Jesus Christ Superstar done by a marching band.

Good Morning Everyone Today is Juanderful Wednesday. Let's hope we have court today.

Vinnie P woke me up this morning...well his tweet did, not him, actually :floorlaugh:
My first thought when I reached for the phone and read it was....am I obsessed or what? :floorlaugh:

Obsessed.....yes. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

But right there with you BeachGal.

Respectfully Snipped..
I have never heard this before (bolded)... do you have a link? TIA :seeya:

No one is sure it was a 3 way call. BK wondered how she made the call to a voicemail box if Troy wasn't in the office to accept the collect call charges. Several posters here have said that some jails allow inmates to fund a calling card account and can make calls that don't involve collect charges. IMO

Too funny Dr. Know - we had the keys marked, but a big FWF on the chalkboard for "Finger Watchers Fail". I daily removed a screw from the 'antique' typewriter in hopes of being moved by my friend in the class. The typewriter was indestructible!!! They just don't make things with quality anymore. We are such a disposable society, and I see no reason why CMja should not be disposed of.

I gave one of my sons an Underwood #5 for his birthday last week. My granddaughters love it here..typewriters and dial phones..and appliances from the 30's thru 50's..tractors too lol

http://www.kpho.com/story/22238826/judge-to-mcso-dont-approach-arias-with-media-requests
KPHO - Phoenix, AZ 5/14/13

Judge to MCSO: Don't approach Arias with media requests

Snipped:

PHOENIX (CBS5/AP) -
The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office was slapped with a court order Tuesday prohibiting it from approaching Jodi Arias with requests for media interviews.
Sheriff's officials said they would comply.

Wait did the defense ask for this to try to get her to stop hurting their case or was it the prosecutor!? I wonder!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias...s-family-today/story?id=19181301#.UZOFvU4o600
ABC News -- 5/15/13

Jodi Arias Jury to Hear From Travis Alexander's Family Today

Snipped:

The jury will return to the same courtroom in Maricopa County at 1 p.m. ET where prosecutor Juan Martinez is expected to call Dr. Kevin Horn, the medical examiner who performed the autopsy on Alexander's body. Alexander, a Mormon businessman, was stabbed 27 times, his throat was slit and he suffered a gunshot wound to the face.
~~~~~

Court time today: 10 a.m. MST/ 12 p.m. CDT (noon)/ 1 p.m. EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members