Aggravated waiting for the aggravation phase #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're correct TartLemon. AZ's definition of felony murder is controversial. It was the topic of a split SCOTUS decision with four of the most preeminent justices dissenting.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?navby=case&court=us&vol=501&invol=624

I think Arizona's burglary definition also is different than the common law crime because it counts staying somewhere (rather than entering somewhere) to commit a felony as burglary.

So put the burglary statute together with the felony murder/premeditated murder issue and you've got an appellate nightmare, imo.

all jmo

It won't be a problem. Even if somewhere down the road the felony part gets thrown out for non sufficient evidence or the law itself is changed, all 12 jurors were still agreed on premeditation, for which there was more than sufficient evidence. It's still M1.

I'm watching some trial testimony again. It's great to watch it all knowing the verdict that has been given out by this jury. I cannot believe ALV said she LIKED working with JA. Even Nurmi admitted he doesn't like her 9 days out of 10 (it was a strategic statement but I believe it's close to the truth which is he doesn't like JA 10 days out of 10) ALV is...strange. What an *unusual* thing to say by a very *unusual person*. How can anyone like a manipulative savage murderer? Sick.

I'm watching some trial testimony again. It's great to watch it all knowing the verdict that has been given out by this jury. I cannot believe ALV said she LIKED working with JA. Even Nurmi admitted he doesn't like her 9 days out of 10 (it was a strategic statement but I believe it's close to the truth which is he doesn't like JA 10 days out of 10) ALV is...strange. What an *unusual* thing to say by an very *unusual person*. How can anyone like a manipulative savage murderer? Sick.

The other day I watched Juan cross from the beginning of CFJA and all I can say is way.....great to watch now that she is convicted.

I'm watching some trial testimony again. It's great to watch it all knowing the verdict that has been given out by this jury. I cannot believe ALV said she LIKED working with JA. Even Nurmi admitted he doesn't like her 9 days out of 10 (it was a strategic statement but I believe it's close to the truth which is he doesn't like JA 10 days out of 10) ALV is...strange. What an *unusual* thing to say by an very *unusual person*. How can anyone like a manipulative savage murderer? Sick.

rose that is such a nice way of putting it! All I know is that I never want to see that face or those hands again.

There seems to be some confusion about premeditated versus felony murder. I was confused too but I understand it much better now. JM asked the jurors to find JA guilty of both premeditated and felony murder. That means they are not mutually exclusive. It also does not mean that jurors believe Travis owned a gun. It just means that after the first stab wound JA was no longer a welcome guest in Travis' home and she stayed on uninvited to commit a felony i.e. butchering of Travis Alexander.

The other day I watched Juan cross from the beginning of CFJA and all I can say is way.....great to watch now that she is convicted.

I laugh so hard every time I get to the "we can't subpoena God" part. "Are you SURE we can't, 'cause it seems like you're leaving the door open for that."

Oh, Lifetime is gonna have a field day writing for him. He's a scriptwriter's dream. And the cross examination was filled with the kind of drama movies are made of. Gonna be interesting to see how they handle the gas can moment, especially Jodi's reaction.

There seems to be some confusion about premeditated versus felony murder. I was confused too but I understand it much better now. JM asked the jurors to find JA guilty of both premeditated and felony murder. That means they are not mutually exclusive. It also does not mean that jurors believe Travis owned a gun. It just means that after the first stab wound JA was no longer a welcome guest in Travis' home and she stayed on uninvited to commit a felony i.e. butchering of Travis Alexander.

Yep. He was just covering all his bases. The felony part was confusing and I am positive that's what was holding deliberations up (when KCL tweeted that the morning of the verdict it was a revelation. They all agreed on premeditation so I bet she was right) but in the end it didn't really matter. Juan just wanted to make very sure that no matter what Jodi got M1.

Morning all! It is gonna be a Juanderful day today.....thinking it will go by pretty fast....

I just realised we'll most likely never hear from Jodi again, she's been stopped by the judge from talking to media for the rest of this trial, and from there it's prison, most likely death row, but either way no media interviews. Unless she testifies in court from here on in, we'll never have to hear her again.

Finally.
Unless it is via her surrogate twitter, etc. Or is there anyway to stop that?

Good morning everyone :seeya:

Will JA have a migraine today? :floorlaugh:

I wonder if the live streams will freeze up like they did for the verdict day. Yikes

I had hln and azfamily on that day and none of them froze, I guess I was just lucky for once.

Do you think if we finish aggrivation phase today with some time left the judge will just plough ahead with sentencing?
I would, too much time has been wasted already.

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Good morning everyone :seeya:

Will JA have a migraine today? :floorlaugh:

Would that be treated any different now she is convicted? If it was me as judge id be all nu uh miss not today :denied:

Hi rose :seeya:

I thought JM meant if the jury believed TA owned a gun (which he didn't), the felony was JA taking the gun without permission (theft) then using it in the commission of a crime (the killing of TA).

Hi rose :seeya:

I thought JM meant if the jury believed TA owned a gun (which he didn't), the felony was JA taking the gun without permission (theft) then using it in the commission of a crime (the killing of TA).

It could have been either I think?

For me though it was always she was a guest in his home and was no longer welcome after she started attacking him.travis never had a gun so couldn't be the other.

I guess he was just covering all his bases

FYI - you can actually completely delete your post -- poof -- like it never existed. I didn't know that at first, either. But there's a check box way at the bottom of the edit screen for it. Iirc there may be more than one, but there's definitely one all the way down on the right side. There may be one on the left side, as well.
But you can't delete it after someone "quotes" it. You have to ask a mod to delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly