Aggravation phase #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Near as I can tell the motion was simply filed, not approved. Am I wrong?

In what way is the judge taking her side? Please explain.

It's just been filed. There has been no ruling yet and i doubt she will get her way.

Here is the latest DT motion for your perusal.

Well, the victim impact statements occur at sentencing, after the jury is finished. So I'm not sure what arias' angle is except to avoid having to face the family she destroyed.

I actuaally think the motion to have such statements be via video is one the victims may make if they are out of town or can't get to the court. But I think jodi is trying to use a motion designed to make life easier for victims to avoid facing what she has done!

Well color me confused. I read the motion - thanks Beagle - but it acts as if victim impact statements may affect the jury. Yet here's the code: http://statutes.laws.com/arizona/title13/13-4426_2

It shows that such statements are made at sentencing, which the judge does after the jury reaches its decision. I don't get it. AZLawyer, where are you?

Give Nancy 5 minutes in the cell with her .. if looks could KILL!

Beth Karas said that it was a scheduling conflict delaying court until Wednesday; Dr. Horn is not available on Monday or Tuesday.

She tends to be a reliable source.

Maybe he's scheduled to testify at another trial(s)?

You can watch here, I think. It doesn't go live til straight up 5PM, so be sure to hit the play button at 5.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/category/234795/live-video1

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/2...s-talks-exclusively-with-fox-10-after-verdict

I tried to watch all 9 parts of the interview at my link above, and this website has a mind of it's own, refreshing itself in the middle of the longer videos... practically impossible to watch and so repetitive as each Part began... Ugghhh!

But I came out of watching all 9 with hives, and only one statement in mind. Think old Saturday night Live skit with Gilda Radner doing the news...

"Jodi, you ignorant S--T!" :stormingmad:

Jodi's new name = Jodi Ummmmm Arias. The interview would have been half as long without all the Ummmm's she prefaces each statement with. :stormingmad:

I still want to know how many times she drew pictures of Juan...but then when we knew for sure she had plagiarized, by tracing ADS in a magazine *how juvinile!* it only showed how little she is. She doesn't draw, she had to
C O P Y. No talent here, move on. No photographer. Move On. No Degree. Move On. No husband. This was totally if I can't have you no one else will; and that one letter also smacked a bit of "you are going against what you preach and live, let me teach you a lesson" I see she is very angry; that's what JA's crime says. She should be flanked by guards, at all times. Sit in same place until you rot in a cell? Possibly. How manipulative of her, I warned my family yesterday just watch her pull this crap today and she did.

THIS POST BEARS REPEATING! Thanks, Cherry.

What a Master Manipulator JA is!

sorry if already posted but listening to the interview with JA and the On The Record with the panel.

The interviewer said that JA said there was evidence showing pics of her and her sister in the desert at the time of the burglary and pics on hard drive of her bruises but her attorney's didn't put it into evidence. He also said quite a few times that JA indicated she did not like her attorneys and he did acknowledge he gave her multiple opportunities to say she was sorry and didn't grab the bait.

Other panel members of course were laughing because of course she would trash her own attorneys now, etc.

Interviewer said the felony murder was the stealing of the gun btw which I find interesting because the jury is acknowledging he may have had a gun but in all honesty I think its possible those 7 wanted to twist the symbolic knife on HER and throw felony murder on her also. I don't necessarily believe they even believed he had a gun there but threw wanted to throw a little insult onto injury as soon as they got the idea from Juan. And that makes me very happy (naturally speculative but it feels good to think that)

looks like there is another account for the murderer

Jodi Arias ‏@JodiArias4Real 20m
Happier times. pic.twitter.com/5URwPm7NJs

"She's not a 918 which means crazy", says JeanC. That's what she was told.

And now they want them on videotape!!!!

She really doesn't want that face to face.

Remember JAs manic scribbling/drawing binge when Dr. DeMarte testified?

Multiply it times 1000 when Travis' family members speak! She'll need an IV pole dripping sedatives. It will be pure torture for her.

Goody!

I think it's rather ironic that the title of this thread is the "Aggravation phase".

We're all pretty aggravated, eh?!!!!

You said it. Ironic for sure...

Here we are in the AGGRAVATION thread getting AGGRAVATED that we have to wait till Wednesday to hear AGGRAVATING testimony during the AGGRAVATION phase of this AGGRAVATING trial. :floorlaugh:

In Arizona, when an Officer of LE is called out for someone in a mental state where they are a threat to themselves or others, it's a Title 36. Other States have them under other titles or statutes.

The individual is put in a Psych facility for 72 hours, at which time they are evaluated by 3 separate psych Docs, who give their diagnosis to a Judge (if it is an involuntary commitment) who will decide if that person is fit to be released or needs future meds, assessment, and/or confinement, etc. and is no longer a threat to themselves or others.

I'm not going to go search through Az Criminal Law and the duties of the Sheriff for anymore substance, but if they follow similar protocol, CFJA more than likely has to be subjected to the 72 hour hold/evaluation process before she can return to Estrella. Her attorneys probably asked the court for a 72 hour delay so CFJA could go through the evaluation and get back to a "normal" jail environment (Estrella) before proceeding with the aggravating circumstances. (It sounds silly, but inmates have rights.) THAT would explain the sealed court proceedings.

CFJA made the statement she would rather die than serve life in prison. Sheriff Joe would have been remiss in NOT taking that as a possible suicide threat and took the appropriate action.

We also know that Dr. Horn is unable to testify on Monday and Tuesday, thus the Wednesday court date.

This is the only valid reason I can see why court was postponed.:twocents:

Great! Now all she has to do is threaten suicide any time she wants to change the schedule, upset the proceedings... :banghead:

Jodi wants to control her own destiny. She does not want to allow those 12 jurors to decide her fate, and she wants to deny the Alexander family the right to deliver their victim impact statements.

I believe this too! Looks to me like Jodi is trying to beat the jury to the punch..
This way she can say it was her choice not because the jury said so...IMO

I take it the DT wants a chance to edit what will be allowed by the impact statements. That is just stupid and the motion is a waste of paper and time! Judge is gonna say: Denied!

I wish I had your confidence. not being snarky, just :stormingmad:

Great! Now all she has to do is threaten suicide any time she wants to change the schedule, upset the proceedings... :banghead:

You guys, she didn't threaten suicide. She said she'd prefer the death penalty to LWOP. There is a big difference!

Here is the latest DT motion for your perusal.

Not going to happen. Arizona has "Victim's Rights", Rules of Criminal Procedure, Rule #39. The Alexander's have shown more than restraint, adhering to Courtroom rules and decorum. JM has probably already given the guidelines they need to follow when putting their victim statements together. They have done NOTHING to warrant this motion.
I have faith that JSS will deny the motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telecrushxx