aggravation phase #9 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to ask but what time are we starting today? AZ time that is. TIA.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130515jodi-arias-eligible-for-death-penalty.html
AZCentral.com -- Phoenix, AZ -- 5/15/13

Jury: Jodi Arias eligible for death penalty

Snipped:

On Thursday, the jurors will hear from Alexander’s friends and family as they make “victim impact statements,” and then, in what is referred to as the mitigation phase, Arias’ defense team will present evidence and testimony that they hope will convince the jury to spare Arias’ life.

Arias will address the jury on Monday, and the life-or-death decision could be in the jury’s hands by the end of the day Monday.

She's gonna speak then? :facepalm:

Gumorning, frenns!! :wave:

I'm in a foul mood today. I'm hoping some of you can make me laugh, per usual, as I need it.

Besides that, it's going to be a rough day in the courthouse. I'm sort of dreading it. Praying for the Alexanders.

:therethere::therethere:

I like him. There were a billion more questions I would have asked. I think DD actually did a fairly decent job of letting him speak too, which was nice. I wish we could have him for an entire hour and pick his brain.

Hmm. I liked to hear more from him myself. Maybe, Tricia can get him and other jurors on her show when this is all over.

My guess is JA demanded her attorneys Motion to withdraw. They know at this stage in the game it is not possible to have that kind of Motion granted by the Judge, it would take something very, very extreme to get that granted.

As a mother of 4 good, successful children (ages 28, 24,20 & 16) I want to address the issue of Jodi's mother. Also, please note, I have some experience dealing with family members with mental disorders, including BPD. Though none of us know 100% how we would react in any given situation, I can tell you, with NO RESERVATIONS, that I would NOT laugh in a court of law in which my child was being tried for a brutal , capital murder. That is NOT supporting your child, nor is it nervousness. It is a blatantly inappropriate and extremely disrespectful to the Judge and the victim's family, at the VERY least. If this woman does not know this, SHE needs some help and probably a pill.

I imagine being the mother of such a child is a horrible thing and has been for most of said child's life. JA did not become what she is overnight. It was probably a relief to the parents when JA was living far away and not causing havoc and pain for them in their daily lives. I imagine a lack of money and an (not untypical) unwillingness to face the reality of JA's problems as a child and teen, helped them minimize the severity of her issues in their minds. No one wants to think their child can do such a thing as JA eventually sunk to. One hopes things like "maturity" and the passage of time will resolve some issues. Sadly, JA only got worse, left unchecked.

I sometimes have some sympathy for this mother, but only in the broadest terms, and when I feel a twinge of it, she does something that is so utterly wrong in the courtroom that I quickly lose that emotion. I would like to hear a kind word from her for the victim's family, but it would be too little, too late. This situation is tragic in every way, but one could respond with dignity and compassion and THAT I have not seen. Her behavior has been shameful and THAT is on her.

MOO

I keep remembering her words to Det Flores

Jodi n I have the best relationship we have ever had and maybe now Jodi realizes life is so short yada yada

Who says that???? Geez

What about Travis who her dau slaughtered?????

I still feel like she has something on him, video? recordings?; she knows something that could get his son taken away??? I don't know this, obviously, just something there feels shifty...

She passed off his private parts pic as those of Travis, imo. That may just be the "tip" of the iceberg on skeletons in the closet.

If the Arias family doesn't speak on her behalf, I will feel even more disgust for them. I imagine that if either of my children committed an act that warranted a possible death sentence, I would still BEG for mercy. They are my children. Now, I wouldn't lie for them (Anthony), or laugh in the courtroom (Arias) but I would be honest when I asked the jury to give them life. Protecting the life of your child is instinctive, isn't it? I've seen parents of other murderers speak on the son, or daughter's behalf on TV and I never faulted them for it. Just seems weird to me if they didn't.

I absolutely saw that. So many fols have said that she showed no real reaction, but to me, she was seething. She was giving the jury the serous stink-eye.

Agreed ! And imo she was cutting Juan some evil looks
As well when he was speaking!

Who will be giving the statements from the family?

Tanisha and Steven strike me as the two that could get through it (emotionally) better than others.

Agree. I think her lawyers will try to keep her off the stand but she will insist. I think her testifying will guarantee her the death penalty (which I doubt she wants).

And Jodi will look at the verdict like it is something written in Chinese, she just doesn't get it.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but, yesterday I viewed an article on People magazines website that said a source close to CMJA stated that after she thought about what she said in the post conviction interview, she now would prefer life over death. Does anyone know if HLN had reported that and who the source may have been?

if CKJA says she is sorry today I hope the jurors remember she never once said it on the stand ,she showed no remorse whatsoever. if she do it at this stage of her case it is only to gain to benefit her. not one word of sorry in 5months. she explained it as Travis Alexander deserve to be murdered cause he was according to her an abuser and a pedo.... hope the jurors don't fall for her trick.

Today I'll have tequila ready! No tornados close to us this time. But I always remember the F5 in Jarrell, TX in 1997. Some friends of ours lost their sister, her husband and twin high school age kids in that one. A whole family wiped out in an instant.

What a terrible tragedy! I think about that little town every time I go through there. I thought of them last night, staring up at the sky and praying.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130515jodi-arias-eligible-for-death-penalty.html
AZCentral.com -- Phoenix, AZ -- 5/15/13

Jury: Jodi Arias eligible for death penalty

Snipped:

On Thursday, the jurors will hear from Alexander’s friends and family as they make “victim impact statements,” and then, in what is referred to as the mitigation phase, Arias’ defense team will present evidence and testimony that they hope will convince the jury to spare Arias’ life.

Arias will address the jury on Monday, and the life-or-death decision could be in the jury’s hands by the end of the day Monday.

:seeya: Thanks for this update !

So Monday will be the "big day" ... and it is going to be very very interesting ... no doubt there will be :drama: ... and more :drama: ...

:moo:

If the monster gets life without parole or gets 25 years with possibility of parole, she will be in general population of the prison, will be able to have a job, communicate and visit with family and freinds easily, she will be "in her element" with all the weaker inmates there for her to manipulate.

Death means that she's in isolation 23 hours every day in a 12'x7' cell ALONE. It is difficult for death row inmates to have visitors, too. Much more restrictive.

I am praying for the death penalty, even though I'm not a proponent because I want her to live in a box alone for the rest of her miserable life. Jodi feeds on attention--just like she used to accuse Travis of: "flourishing on compliments" and attention.

I want the world to forget about her completely and I want her to live without any of the factors that would make her life happy. If she's allowed to mingle with other scumbags, she'll actually enjoy her life.

I concur. Good post. I couldn't have said it any better! Nothing that convict would say will ever make me change my mind. She deserves nothing less than the DP. Let's not forget her snarkiness, arrogance with Juan, the lies on the stand, threatening the family with dragging Travis through the mud unless they give her manslaughter, laughing under her breath at the defense table, never once said she was sorry during 4 months of trial. Now all of a sudden she feels 'remorse and shame'. Save it murderess! I know she doesn't mean it, and she's happy she did it because Travis no longer exists. Mission accomplished.

As far as her mother, I have no sympathy for her whatsoever. I thought the interrogation tape of her wimpering and sniffling were fake. I did believe the things she said were true, I just didn't like the fake emotion and trying to get some sort of sympathy from Det. Flores by telling him how F-up she was. After seeing her Mom in the gallery, laughing at times like they were at a ice cream social, was despicable. Has she no respect for the Alexander family? Then her family starts wearing DV ribbons - GMAB. What a hippocrite. I think the whole family is dysfunctional. And her mother probably will try to make a mint with a tell-all book. In bad taste IMO. No, I don't feel for her family at all as some people do.

This was a premeditated brutal murder and if the jury were to give her LWOP, she will consider it a win. And she will be laughing her a$$ off afterwards. I despise her. I hope the jury gives the Alexander family the justice they deserve. JMO

10:30 AZ time.

:wave:

Thanks so much. Last night was nuts trying to get here. I got home from golf and dinner and ran to the TV. Satellite glitches :stormingmad: Repairman to come today. I couldn't believe it when I grabbed my laptop. It was frozen and then went to a blank screen. I flew into hubbies office computer while he tended to my laptop. Laptop is fine now but I will have to watch Court online today. Ya know your obsessed when......lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth